CXCPA
Topic Author

A HK Girl Expelled From A Jet Because Of A Hangbag

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:39 am

http://community.she.com/messageboar...index.cfm?bdid=11&topic_id=1716869
http://www.yucheecrew.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13351

Indeed, this incident is well known in many HK forum.

The brief of the event:
On 7 Jul, flight CX504 from Hong Kong to Narita, a HK girl refuse to place her Gucci handbag under the seat. Due to safety, the pilots refuse to take off and annouce to the passenger that due to that passenger refuse to place the handbag under the seat, take-off will be delayed. And then, the Flgiht Attendants explained to that passenger it is a safety measure and she can hold her handbag after take off. And flight attendant also suggested that the flight attendant can help her to place the handbag to the overhead luggage shelf if she think the floor is dirty. But she refused because she think it is too high.
Eventually, the airline called police. That passenger left the flight. It causes the flight delay for more than one hour.

After that, that passenger posted the event on the Web to critise the airline and the HK male passengers not support her. However, many people on the Net critise that passenger.

P.S. Rumors say that passenger has already flied a complaint to Cathay. Hope to see how Cathay response such complaint.

JGPH1A

RE: A HK Girl Expelled From A Jet Because Of A Hangbag

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:42 am

1. Pax is a silly cow and deserved to get kicked off the flight.
2. Rules are rules, it goes under the seat in the overhead locker.
3. Complaining about it afterwards just makes it worse. She should just shut up and learn her lesson.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

TonyBurr

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:50 am

It is standard procedure on any airline to place all bags under the seat or on the overhead bin. This is for safety. If the girl refused to do so, the airline and crew acted correctly. The girl was wrong.

CXCPA
Topic Author

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:50 am

http://hkadb.no-ip.org:8080/hkadb/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9200

Another HK forum with 2 pictures

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 1):
Complaining about it afterwards just makes it worse. She should just shut up and learn her lesson.

But in HK, every thing can complain no matter right or wrong.

It seems the event is true.

ltbewr

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:59 am

Is Hong Kong aircraft security under the PRC, or does HK have their own authority?
Probably this woman feared the purse (and it contents) being stolen. Maybe it had counterban in it (that she somehow got through security). Then again, maybe she is from a well off family and thinks is entitled to exemptions from such rules.

swissy

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:59 am

Just flew with Jazz the other day and a lady had a little puddle as a cabin luggage...... no problem but she refused to close the little doggy bag for take off............ argument with f/a over it, then she finally closed it and put it under the seat for t/o so I thought!!!! she waited until f/a was strapped in and she opened the bag again and before in know that f.... dog was on her lab during t/o...... I wish airlines would start enforcing the rules strictly, I am
so tiered of these kind of idiots..................

Back to topic, the crew did the right thing, CX should charge her for the delay.

Cheers,

reyes27

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:09 am

I am sure compensation will be demanded....................

N503JB

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:09 am

CX cabin crew did the right thing, for sure!

N503JB
HKIA Ramp Spotters

bennett123

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:16 am

Not clear how it was "too high". Presumably if she could not reach, then the FA could place it in there.

If the floor is dirty, put it in a duty free bag and then put it on the floor. Alternatively do the FA's have a place to stow it.

Surely this could have been sorted in less than 1 hr.

MattRB

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:26 am

Quoting Swissy (Reply 5):
dog was on her lab during t/o

Lucky there weren't any problems and the a/c didn't have to perform an RTO.. dog would've been made into hamburger meat pretty quickly.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

cloudyapple

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:26 am

Quoting CXCPA (Thread starter):
Rumors say that passenger has already flied a complaint to Cathay. Hope to see how Cathay response such complaint.

Duh!? What a dumb a$$! I'm sure the crew dealt with her in the most professional manner. Only in HK can people in the wrong file a complaint! If in the UK, she would have been charged for endangering an aircraft...
A310/A319/20/21/A332/3/A343/6/A388/B732/5/7/8/B742/S/4/B752/B763/B772/3/W/E145/J41/MD11/83/90

Lufthansa747

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:46 am

CX is very anal about these restrictions. Every time in F/J, I kick off my shoes as soon as I make it to the seat. CX is the only airline who has *every single time* told me to wear shoes for takeoff. Also, my wife's handbag next to her on the seat in J is no good. It needs to go upstairs.  Yeah sure

We certainly wouldn't make a scene that obviously happened in NRT, but it's a bit annoying at times about ridiculously minor things such as shoes. I've seen big 3 suitcases on the floor in LH F with nobody saying anything.
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

Qantas744er

Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:31 am

Quoting Lufthansa747 (Reply 12):
We certainly wouldn't make a scene that obviously happened in NRT, but it's a bit annoying at times about ridiculously minor things such as shoes. I've seen big 3 suitcases on the floor in LH F with nobody saying anything.

They actually do that in LH aswell, i was flying FRA-LAX last year in F on LH on the upper deck, and i had my eastpack backpack on the floor, infront of my seat, and the FA kindly asked me to put itup because of safety reasons.

And as long its for safety I accept it Big grin

BTW im doing MUC-LAX on Sunday on LH in F again but this time no 744  Sad

Cheers Leo
Happiness is V1 in Lagos

Lufthansa747

Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:37 am

Quoting Qantas744ER (Reply 13):
They actually do that in LH aswell, i was flying FRA-LAX last year in F on LH on the upper deck, and i had my eastpack backpack on the floor, infront of my seat, and the FA kindly asked me to put itup because of safety reasons.

I guess it depends. The family on my recent flight had three big LV suitcases right on the floor, nobody said a word.

That's not OK imho though, but this shoes+handbag stuff on CX is a bit extreme IMHO.

geniusjacky

Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:38 am

Lufthansa747, better be safe than regret. It's just in case for the ease of evacuation.
That woman btw, is unbelivable. What is so good about the bag holding in her hand? Was she thinking that would be stolen? I wonder what she would do if CX simply say it does not care about the complain. That is ridiculous.

Lufthansa747

Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:41 am

Quoting Geniusjacky (Reply 15):
Lufthansa747, better be safe than regret. It's just in case for the ease of evacuation.

Sure, but it's ridiculous. AFAIK CX has no infant seat belts - that's what they told me. And then they care about a bloody handbag...

klyk1980

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:19 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 4):

HK police is seperate with PRC. HK with its own law system.

swissy

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:46 am

Quoting Lufthansa747 (Reply 16):
Sure, but it's ridiculous. AFAIK CX has no infant seat belts - that's what they told me. And then they care about a bloody handbag...

Which is a problem in general with the airlines because there is still that dangerous "Infant" fare............

Any loose stuff should be stowed properly away regardless if you have been ask to do so or not it is about safety not about your bad habits.........

Cheers,

iairallie

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:59 am

Quoting Lufthansa747 (Reply 12):
it's a bit annoying at times about ridiculously minor things such as shoes

It wouldn't be so minor in an accident. Walking across wreakage barefoot or in stocking feet doesn't sound like much fun to me. Or tripping on someone elses clodhoppers while I'm trying to evacuate no thanks. What is so horrible about waiting an extra 10-20 minutes until the aircraft has cleared the most dangerous period of flight to take off your shoes? You already have to wait to recline your seat it's not like you can get completely comfy.

Quoting Lufthansa747 (Reply 16):
CX has no infant seat belts - that's what they told me

Many air transportation authorities including the US FAA have determined that the infant safety belts are more dangerous to the infant than just being held. Babies bodies are not designed to take the brunt of the impact soley across the pelvis and in the evacuation the device could prove too cumbersome to escape.

she waited until f/a was strapped in and she opened the bag again and before in know that f.... dog was on her lab during t/o...... I wish airlines would start enforcing the rules strictly, I am
so tiered of these kind of idiots..................

I like it when the airlines enforce the rules too. But in this example the woman was willfully sneaky and disobedient. What more could the FA do. It appeared the woman complied so the FA took her jumpseat (as is required by law). Should the FA stand next to that woman's seat the whole flight.

the crew did the right thing, CX should charge her for the delay.

I 100% agree. Delays are expensive. If a passenger causes one they should be held financially responsible.
Enough about flying lets talk about me!

swissy

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:17 am

Quoting IAirAllie (Reply 19):
I like it when the airlines enforce the rules too. But in this example the woman was willfully sneaky and disobedient. What more could the FA do. It appeared the woman complied so the FA took her jumpseat (as is required by law). Should the FA stand next to that woman's seat the whole flight.

Well some airlines already band any animals regardless how small they are from the cabin and yes I actually should have informed the f/a again, there is no respect from that kind of people.................

Many air transportation authorities including the US FAA have determined that the infant safety belts are more dangerous to the infant than just being held. Babies bodies are not designed to take the brunt of the impact soley across the pelvis and in the evacuation the device could prove too cumbersome to escape.

Have kids myself I think they should have a "infant" fare (reduced rate) and they should have their own seat................
Go a head and grill me now................, got rear ended by a tractor trailer today and had my kids in the car too.... guess what the kids are fine because they were properly secured in their seat..........

Life is precious and if I can make it safer because I obey the rules....... there is nothing to it.

CX should charge her about 12'500$ for the delay.

Cheers,

IFEMaster

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:49 am

Quoting CXCPA (Thread starter):
passenger has already flied a complaint to Cathay. Hope to see how Cathay response such complaint.

Dozy bint. I just don't get people that believe that the rules apply to everyone but themselves.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

United Airline

Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:47 am

This is really stupid. Safety comes first. Rules are rules.

CX should charge her for the delay

I am sure she is pretty well off since Gucci is an expensive brand.

B707Stu

Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:59 am

Silly girl, place it underneath until take off roll and then lift it up if it's so important.

iairallie

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:32 am

Quoting Swissy (Reply 20):
Have kids myself I think they should have a "infant" fare (reduced rate) and they should have their own seat................
Go a head and grill me now................, got rear ended by a tractor trailer today and had my kids in the car too.... guess what the kids are fine because they were properly secured in their seat..........

I completely agree with this one. For the safety of the baby and the sanity of the parent approved carseats are the way to go.
Enough about flying lets talk about me!

CX Flyboy

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:46 am

Rules are indeed rules. If you allow one passenger to break them , how about the next? where do you draw the line?

Cathay also must be commended for having a zero tolerance policy towards unruly passengers. If you make a fuss, the police will be called. The crew are under no pressure from the company not to do this, and are in fact encourages to not tolerate troublesome passengers. It is not a game to see what you can get away with, although unfortunately many passengers seem to think this way, often saying that such and such an airline let them do it. That may be true, but Cathay is not that kind of an airline. If you intend to cause trouble, please fly someone else.

Spark

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:53 am

Personally it sounds to me like she is just a spoiled rich brat, and CX enforced a regulation, she refused, they asked again, she dug her heels in, and CX had to throw her off the plane.
I'm glad she got what she deserved (she actually deserved worse).
It is appalling that she would complain, when in reality she should be grafeful that she didn't get charged for the delay (buying Gucci, that probably wouldn't faze her).

Historic747

Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:52 am

How silly!!!These FAs love blaming anything and everything on safety. It gives them a chance to show their authority. Like somebody above rightly quoted that FAA figured that infant safety belts probably did more harm than good. The fact is that most flight attendants are disgruntled and hate their jobs so they just need a chance to vent on a passenger. LOL...they can't vent it on UA's or CX's management ofcourse. As for passengers being unruly I think they do need to put up with it. In a world of competition, BUYER is the god whether he/she flies F or Y and SERVICE PROVIDER=slave. True for any industry.

[Edited 2006-07-27 04:54:49]

jrosa

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:19 pm

Quoting Historic747 (Reply 27):
How silly!!!These FAs love blaming anything and everything on safety. It gives them a chance to show their authority. Like somebody above rightly quoted that FAA figured that infant safety belts probably did more harm than good. The fact is that most flight attendants are disgruntled and hate their jobs so they just need a chance to vent on a passenger. LOL...they can't vent it on UA's or CX's management ofcourse. As for passengers being unruly I think they do need to put up with it. In a world of competition, BUYER is the god whether he/she flies F or Y and SERVICE PROVIDER=slave. True for any industry.

I thoroughly disagree! Airline service must be provided according to and respecting safety rules, no matter what you think, safety must come first always for the own benefit of the airline industry.

Historic747

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:30 pm

Quoting Jrosa (Reply 28):
I thoroughly disagree! Airline service must be provided according to and respecting safety rules, no matter what you think, safety must come first always for the own benefit of the airline industry.

It is about using safety as a pretext to vent anger on the customer. Flight Attendants can pretty much use only that in their defense else they would invite the wrath of the management for lousy customer service. Everybody knows safety is important whether you are in a plane or you drive a car. And no matter what you think, all flyers know that most airlines around the world operate with lousy FAs. I am sure in the next 20 years Airbus and Boeing will make flying safer and more pleasurable by making the role of FAs redundant. If they could do it to the Flight Engineer, why not FAs. Miracles of technology!

CX Flyboy

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:55 pm

Quoting Historic747 (Reply 29):
It is about using safety as a pretext to vent anger on the customer. Flight Attendants can pretty much use only that in their defense else they would invite the wrath of the management for lousy customer service. Everybody knows safety is important whether you are in a plane or you drive a car. And no matter what you think, all flyers know that most airlines around the world operate with lousy FAs

Perhaps you have never flown with cathay Pacific?...or perhaps any of the top award winning airlines in Asia?

Historic747

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:03 pm

Quoting CX flyboy (Reply 30):
Perhaps you have never flown with cathay Pacific?...or perhaps any of the top award winning airlines in Asia?

Yes I have. CX is a world class airline. That does not mean they do not have a few grumpy FAs.

Markhkg

RE: A HK Girl Expelled From A Jet Because Of A Han

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:24 pm

Everybody knows safety is important whether you are in a plane or you drive a car.

If everybody knew safety was important, why don't people pay attention to safety briefings?

Why was the passenger at the overwing exit during the Manchester Air Disaster unable to open her the hatch until she was urged to do so?

Why do passengers get up before the plane comes to a complete stop?

Why did a Cranfield University study show that assertive cabin crew allowed for the fastest evacuation times, when compared to no cabin crew?

The cabin crew are there, first and foremost, for safety. They can never be written out of the equation, regardless in the advances of technology. I would trust my life in the hands of a flight attendant over a briefed "abled bodied passenger" or computerized cabin crew replacement flightbot any day.
Release your seat-belts and get out! Leave everything!

Historic747

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:04 pm

Quoting MarkHKG (Reply 32):
The cabin crew are there, first and foremost, for safety. They can never be written out of the equation, regardless in the advances of technology. I would trust my life in the hands of a flight attendant over a briefed "abled bodied passenger" or computerized cabin crew replacement flightbot any day.

Airbus proved computers have better decision making skills and more reliable than flight engineers. In the 1960s this would have been considered unimagineable. So goes for FAs too. Airlines would love that idea as it would help them get rid of a lot of labor issues and costs out of the system. I am sure there are research teams at Airbus and Boeing looking into futuristic ideas. Technology makes the impossible equation as possible. It is technology that transports 500 people across continents in a few hours. If that is possible anything is.

Historic747

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:18 pm

I 100% agree. Delays are expensive. If a passenger causes one they should be held financially responsible.

I agree completely.I would hate to be on a plane that is delayed due to a fellow passenger. But how about the numerous flights I have been delayed in North America because of crew not being on time many a times one crew member holding an entire aircraft at ransom. Ridiculous union garbage. Like it or not on an income statement passengers are revenue drivers and flight attendants are an expense item. True for almost any industry. That is all companies care.

CCA

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:21 pm

Quoting Lufthansa747 (Reply 14):
but this shoes+handbag stuff on CX is a bit extreme IMHO.

Where do you think your shoes will end up after a high speed RTO, I'm sure you would change your opinion if you experienced one and a pair of shoes or a handbag hit you in the back of the head, or anywhere for that matter.

Would you be able to find your shoes after, what if it pitch black and the A/C is upside down like the MD-11 at CLK.

Remember the SIA crash in TPE, how many people wish they'd kept their shoes on, or wished they weren't wearing high heels. Imagine having to jump and walk through fire, shards of metal and so forth. This is why my shoes are on for all takeoffs and landings. I've been down an evacuation slide and you don't want to hit the tarmac in bare feet or socks I promise you.

CX did exactly the right thing.

[Edited 2006-07-27 07:24:22]
P1 in A330, A340, A346, B742, B744, B748.

Markhkg

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:29 pm

Quoting Historic747 (Reply 33):
Airbus proved computers have better decision making skills and more reliable than flight engineers.

I don't see a computer being able to assess an exit for outside debris, smoke, fire or incoming water in the near future.

I don't see a computer being able to disconnect a slide/raft after a ditching after all the pax board it.

I don't see a computer being able to provide CPR or defibrillation to a passenger in cardiac arrest.

There are some things computers can't replace...

Quoting CCA (Reply 35):
a handbag hit you in the back of the head

Nowadays, I am also worried about the overhead bin popping open and a freakin' roll-on falling on my head. Large suitcases in the overhead bin are NOT cool!

Historic747

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:41 pm

Quoting MarkHKG (Reply 36):
I don't see a computer being able to assess an exit for outside debris, smoke, fire or incoming water in the near future.

I don't see a computer being able to disconnect a slide/raft after a ditching after all the pax board it.

I don't see a computer being able to provide CPR or defibrillation to a passenger in cardiac arrest.

Engineers at Airbus and Boeing do see. Nobody thought of crossing the Atlantic at twice the speed of sound a 100 years ago. This would have sounded insane at that time. BUT technology did it.

Markhkg

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:04 pm

It's actually fairly remarkable if you think about it. The cockpit has undergone a revolution, particularly with the glass cockpit and fly-by-wire. Heck, even the TCAS system may one day be able to correct the advisory by itself. But looking at the cabin-- not the cockpit-- things have not change significantly in the past decades.

If anything, cabin crew have been given more responsibility instead of less for safety related items. Bomb and security checks are done by flight attendants, for instance. And I don't see any new attempts at removing the flight attendant in cabin on board new aircraft; doors still are armed and disarmed manually by cabin crew and there is no indication this will change. There hasn't been a revolution in emergency passenger management in the cabin as there have been in the cockput.

The only "revolutionary" evacuation-related thing I have seen engineered recently is the Tribrid inflation system on the A380 which automatically extends several feet of the evacuation slide in the event of an unusual attitude of the aircraft during an emergency landing. But someone still needs to open the door, shout at people to get out, push the lower backs of hesitators if needed, and move people away from the dangerous situation--there isn't any indication by aerospace engineers that flight attendants will be written out of the equation.

xiphias

Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:52 pm

Quoting Terryb99 (Reply 6):

Move pictures here: http://hk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vv614vv/my_photos

What a dumb brod, it's just a #$%^&@ bag, place is where it is supposed to go, sit down and $&%^-up. Some people are just so stupid, I hope the airline presses charges for the delaying of the flight. Then she would have to sell here stupid designer stuff to pay for the arlines damages.
Xiph"i*as, n. [L., a swordfish, a sword-shaped comet, fr. Gr. xifi`as, fr. xi`fos a sword.]

ua777222

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:07 pm

I would ask her to sign something saying that she won't sue if her and her 'bag' are destroyed in an accident and that she won't sue the airline for her lack of ability to be in a safe seat. Glad they booted her off the flight. Stupid girl.

Matt
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

TheSunseeker

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:12 pm

the B**ch is lucky I didnt sit next to her!

How difficult is it to put a bag away for take off and landing.
Just put it under the seat, and take it out again when the FA
is gone...if you REALLY need the bag.
RSA: Dont drink and drive - take the train and get mugged

AR385

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:48 pm

A spoiled brat and she got what she deserves. As someone said earlier, she should pay the airline and each passenger for the inconvenience she caused with her delaying the flight. If she goes along with that silly complain, if I was a CX manager, I would blacklist her.

aer lingus

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:54 pm

Quoting Bennett123 (Reply 9):
If the floor is dirty, put it in a duty free bag and then put it on the floor.

The F/A's should have asked if she wants an in-flight shopping bag to put the handbag into it and then put it under the seat in front.

Some how most people in HKG likes to argue with people for some reason, probably to waste time I think. Even if it's their fault they keep argueing their way through but thats ignorance.

Why do some people not do what they are told on flights? It's onboard safety.

On short flights I always shove my hand luggage under the seat in front because I might forget to take my luggage if it was stored on the overheads as it had happened before.

On long flights anything I don't need during the flight is stored on the overheads. Only the video and camera equipment is stored under the seat in front if I bring it with me. When the plane is taxiing I look around the cabin to see if there is F/A's are visible. If there are F/A's around I have to wait for the ''Cabin Crew Please Take Your Seats'' anouncement.
Then I video the taxiing and take off and the same for landing as well.
After videoing I would usually place the video and camera equipment under my legs so I could stretch my legs under the seat in front.

No F/A's will notice that my video/camera stuff is under my legs if I am in an A seat and both the B and C seats are occupied.

bigthumbsup 
Split Scimitar or Sharklets?

Elite

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:19 pm

Cathay Pacific is going to throw away her complaint, because they had already wasted an hour on her. She already embarrassed herself by doingrnthat on the flight, why bother posting it on the web and embarrassing herself even more? Her excuse of it being too high is just lame... she should've just gotten a plastic bag and wrapped her 'expensive Gucci handbag' and stuffed it somewhere.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 4):
Is Hong Kong aircraft security under the PRC, or does HK have their own authority?
Probably this woman feared the purse (and it contents) being stolen. Maybe it had counterbanrnin it (that she somehow got through security). Then again, maybe she isrnfrom a well off family and thinks is entitled to exemptions from suchrnrules.

Hong Kong has their own authority; it is Hong Kong SAR, SAR meaning Special Adminstrative Region. If Hong Kong had the same authority as Mainland China, then freedome of speech would be denied and many articles (a Bible, magazine ect) would be taken away by the authorities at airports.

If she was from a well-off family she probably would've been in business and first. In my opinion she was just being stupid.

[Edited 2006-07-27 11:21:01]

superhub

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:48 pm

It is about using safety as a pretext to vent anger on the customer. Flight Attendants can pretty much use only that in their defense else they would invite the wrath of the management for lousy customer service. Everybody knows safety is important whether you are in a plane or you drive a car. And no matter what you think, all flyers know that most airlines around the world operate with lousy FAs. I am sure in the next 20 years Airbus and Boeing will make flying safer and more pleasurable by making the role of FAs redundant. If they could do it to the Flight Engineer, why not FAs. Miracles of technology!

Somewhat true. Some cabin crews try to use safety to "show their power". For example, I have been on a AA flight where I was told to switch off my cell phone five minutes before the door closed in the name of safety. However, AA company policy mandates that phones should be switched off when the door is closed and not five minutes before. That cabin crew just used the name of safety to abuse her power.

However, I disagree that the CX crews abused their powers. Personal items must be properly stowed for takeoff. No exceptions. They acted according to company policy. If the CX crew told the girl to stow the bag when the plane was crusing at 35,000 then the crew did abuse their power, but it was not the case.

Quoting Historic747 (Reply 27):
As for passengers being unruly I think they do need to put up with it. In a world of competition, BUYER is the god whether he/she flies F or Y and SERVICE PROVIDER=slave. True for any industry.

So let's all boycott CX because they don't allow passengers to hold their handbags during takeoff.

Let's all boycott CX because we have to sit in our seats strapped during takeoff/landing/turbulence (many people like to walk around the cabin during takeoff roll)

Let's all boycott CX because I am not allowed to call my friends from my cellphone during takeoff.

And let's all boycott CX because I am not allowed to go to the toilet when the plane is taxiing to the gate.

I am the buyer, hence I am god, and the slave should allow me to do whatever I want just because I paid the money. I am allowed to fly the plane if I want to because I am the buyer. The cockpit crews can just put up with it. Tough luck!

I can also slap the cabin crew whenever I want. I can start a food fight with other passengers (we paid for the food already) and the crew can clean it up for me. Passengers can also take away the life jackets as a gift since they paid for them too.

I am also a bank customer, hence I can go into the branch where my account was opened and start shouting at every single staff. I can spray paint the interior walls and the security cameras because I am the customer!

ZRH

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:59 pm

What a stupid bitch. She should be banned for all flights.

aircanada014

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:24 pm

You might want to change the title from Expelled to taken off the a/c. You know she can go back flying with CX, CX didn't expelled her otherwise she's no longer allow to fly with CX.

SInGAPORE_AIR

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:55 pm

I am surprised there is no sympathy for the passenger.

Imagine her horror at seeing the stained floor while flying Hong Kong's de facto flag carrier.

Consider the potential staining, and lack of insurance coverage for such, of her prized Gucci or whatever handbag!
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

CXCPA
Topic Author

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:14 pm

Quoting Xiphias (Reply 39):
Move pictures here: http://hk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vv6...hotos

I like the tittle of the album
I try to translate it to English, but because the title contain Chinese idiom, the translation is not very good
The Premium (Gucci Devilis)

And that girl should come from a typical HK family. Many HK girls know nothing except shopping.

But i want to ask in my last journey with Dragonair, i carried a bag onboard, why no one asked me to place on the floor. Is it that only large bag need to place on the floor?