AZFLYER84

US To TUL?

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:33 pm

I'm wondering what the possibilities of seeing us airways in tul, i think they would do well, since wn doesn't go to canada, mexico, or many small western towns. It sure would lower fares, wn own's the tul-phx market by 85%. Prices on that route are a easy 300 rt. If you take the n/s on wn.

possibile routes
tul-phx x 2 cr2
tul-las x 1 cr2
tul-clt x 2 cr2

contrails

RE: US To TUL?

Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:03 pm

I concur, and have often wished for US to serve TUL. It's a good airport, in a good location (imo), but very under-served.

As for routes, how about:

TUL-PIT
TUL-MIA (or TPA)
TUL-LAS

I'm sure there are more. On these routes there is currently no N/S service from WN (at least that I'm aware of). I think TUL would fit in fine in a post-merger US.
Flying Colors Forever!

CentPIT

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:41 pm

Quoting Contrails (Reply 1):
I'm sure there are more. On these routes there is currently no N/S service from WN (at least that I'm aware of). I think TUL would fit in fine in a post-merger US.

Dream on for PIT-TUL! PHL or CLT would Def. work in my opinion. Oh well, with the profit US posted, maybe they will add a few destinations in PIT that will make money! Like how about two daily year round flights to SEA!
Pittsburgh International: US Airways---160 daily departures! (52 destinations)

mtnwest1979

Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:53 am

Quoting Contrails (Reply 1):
As for routes, how about:

TUL-PIT
TUL-MIA (or TPA)
TUL-LAS

WN has 1 daily n/s LAS flight.

Quoting AZFlyer84 (Thread starter):
It sure would lower fares, wn own's the tul-phx market by 85%. Prices on that route are a easy 300 rt. If you take the n/s on wn

OMG, $150 ow!! What an outrage!!! What do you want, $49 each way??
As for TUL itself, I always thought there (and OKC) could have more p2p flights than each have, but I guess relative location to hubs in all directions (DFW/DEN/STL/MEM) have precluded that to an extent.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Ken777

Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:56 am

I don't think US will be looking at TUL for expansion. It's very well served by AA and WN, with other airlines like CO thrown adding their flights to hubs.

TUL is a pretty good airport though. It's easy to get to and easy to get through - to the point that I can leave home and get to ORD or DFW hubs easier than some people in the ORD or DFW can get from home to their gate for a p2p flight. The only pax problem at TUL is related to the AA employees trying to get on a non-rev flight - especially when they are taking their family somewhere on holidays.

avconsultant

Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:00 am

Tulsa hired a new Airport Director (Jeff Mulder), a year or so ago, with an excellent understanding of Business Development. He did an excellent job in ATW.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos