AZFLYER84

US To TUL?

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:33 pm

I'm wondering what the possibilities of seeing us airways in tul, i think they would do well, since wn doesn't go to canada, mexico, or many small western towns. It sure would lower fares, wn own's the tul-phx market by 85%. Prices on that route are a easy 300 rt. If you take the n/s on wn.

possibile routes
tul-phx x 2 cr2
tul-las x 1 cr2
tul-clt x 2 cr2

contrails

RE: US To TUL?

Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:03 pm

I concur, and have often wished for US to serve TUL. It's a good airport, in a good location (imo), but very under-served.

As for routes, how about:

TUL-PIT
TUL-MIA (or TPA)
TUL-LAS

I'm sure there are more. On these routes there is currently no N/S service from WN (at least that I'm aware of). I think TUL would fit in fine in a post-merger US.
Flying Colors Forever!

CentPIT

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:41 pm

Quoting Contrails (Reply 1):
I'm sure there are more. On these routes there is currently no N/S service from WN (at least that I'm aware of). I think TUL would fit in fine in a post-merger US.

Dream on for PIT-TUL! PHL or CLT would Def. work in my opinion. Oh well, with the profit US posted, maybe they will add a few destinations in PIT that will make money! Like how about two daily year round flights to SEA!
Pittsburgh International: US Airways---160 daily departures! (52 destinations)

mtnwest1979

Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:53 am

Quoting Contrails (Reply 1):
As for routes, how about:

TUL-PIT
TUL-MIA (or TPA)
TUL-LAS

WN has 1 daily n/s LAS flight.

Quoting AZFlyer84 (Thread starter):
It sure would lower fares, wn own's the tul-phx market by 85%. Prices on that route are a easy 300 rt. If you take the n/s on wn

OMG, $150 ow!! What an outrage!!! What do you want, $49 each way??
As for TUL itself, I always thought there (and OKC) could have more p2p flights than each have, but I guess relative location to hubs in all directions (DFW/DEN/STL/MEM) have precluded that to an extent.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Ken777

Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:56 am

I don't think US will be looking at TUL for expansion. It's very well served by AA and WN, with other airlines like CO thrown adding their flights to hubs.

TUL is a pretty good airport though. It's easy to get to and easy to get through - to the point that I can leave home and get to ORD or DFW hubs easier than some people in the ORD or DFW can get from home to their gate for a p2p flight. The only pax problem at TUL is related to the AA employees trying to get on a non-rev flight - especially when they are taking their family somewhere on holidays.

avconsultant

Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:00 am

Tulsa hired a new Airport Director (Jeff Mulder), a year or so ago, with an excellent understanding of Business Development. He did an excellent job in ATW.