UALramperORD
Topic Author

How Many UA Aircraft In New Colors?

Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:48 am

Hey all, Im just wondering how many of our birds are in the new colors. I work at a line station so I barely see anything but 737s and A320s and A319s. Any UA employees know if there is a way to check this?
"Roger, cleared to push spot 3"

aal0616

RE: How Many UA Aircraft In New Colors?

Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:52 pm

No informed answer from here except to say "not enough."

I looked up late this afternoon after leaving the airport in Miami and going home to see a Ted A320 outbound flying 310 degrees on a WINCO departure and must day that, at the 2,500 or so feet he was overhead, you really notice the blue engines like the front of the bird is blue from your long-distance perspective, and, likewise, the tail looks all pail orange. Even better than they look on the ground.

While partial to silverbirds, if I ran United, I'd risk being accused of a "euro-white" slant and have all white birds like Ted, with the blue engines and the new mainline tail. Small detail; they do look sharp and it is growing on me, although I think their mainline 777s in the current scheme look better than the 747s, whereas the 737s benefit from it and the busses, I'm still not sure.