abrelosojos

Interesting Observation On My Kingfisher Ticket

Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:48 pm

So this is random. I have a ticket on IT on the sector GAU-CCU ... part of my multi-leg Indian adventure that is coming up. Anyways, apparently moments after my reservation, they migrated to a new system ... now my e-ticket shows to be issued in Sunchon, Korea Rep. Any clue why?

Cheers,
A.
Live, and let live.

JGPH1A

RE: Interesting Observation On My Kingfisher Ticket

Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:16 pm

The IATA city code for Sunchon, KR is "SYS". SYS could also I guess mean "System" - possibly this is a code that was used as a sort of generic code for ownership of migrated e-tickets. Kingfisher are hosted in Sabre now, I don't know where they were before, or where their e-tickets were hosted.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

abrelosojos

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:23 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 1):
The IATA city code for Sunchon, KR is "SYS". SYS could also I guess mean "System" - possibly this is a code that was used as a sort of generic code for ownership of migrated e-tickets. Kingfisher are hosted in Sabre now, I don't know where they were before, or where their e-tickets were hosted.

= Ya, they just migrated to Sabre. Thanks for the useful info ... see, so much to learn on A.Net.

-A.
Live, and let live.

JGPH1A

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:04 am

Quoting Abrelosojos (Reply 2):
they just migrated to Sabre

What can have possessed them ?  Smile
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

StarGoldLHR

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:35 am

Dont they have an international test IATA code for this kind of purpose ?
So far in 2008 45 flights and Gold already. JFK, IAD, LGA, SIN, HKG, NRT, AKL, PPT, LAX still to book ! Home Airport LCY

JGPH1A

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:04 pm

Quoting StarGoldLHR (Reply 4):
Dont they have an international test IATA code for this kind of purpose ?

Not required - most systems when migrating data from one to the other are able to identify the ownership of the data correctly and attribute it to the equivalent office in the new system. It's pretty fundamental, normally.

Thomas_Jaeger

Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:19 am

They were using AIRS before, a system provided by a local Indian company called Bird Information Systems.
Swiss aviation news junkie living all over the place