lufthansi

1000 Airbus Engineers From Germany To Toulouse?

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:12 am

German newspaper and radio stations reported that Airbus is supposed to have sent round about 1000 engineers to Toulouse. Those guys who are comming from Hamburg and Bremen should power up the slow going work.

Are those men and women engineers like known in US-English (Technicians in Germany) or "Ingenieure" with a diplome from university?

Didn't the old Airbus boss point at Germany to be the reason for all the trouble?  scratchchin  And now the "troublemakers" are going to put some fire in french hangars?  eyepopping 

I know there're many Germans working in Toulouse. Just kidding. Don't wanna blame France as it is as stupid as to blame Germany. Work together and put those wires in.  highfive 
Life starts at take-off!

RichardPrice

RE: 1000 Airbus Engineers From Germany To Toulouse?

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:17 am

Makes no sense, the wiring systems are being done in Hamburg so that should be where the workers are going and I havent heard anything about production delays due to problems at Toulouse, the main issue is capacity at Hamburg atm. I think this will turn out to be a press screw up.

mham001

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:30 am

1000 engineers to fix wiring problems does not make much sense.

GBan

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:10 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 1):
Makes no sense, the wiring systems are being done in Hamburg so that should be where the workers are going

Maybe they have identified 1000 guys to be sent to Toulouse to improve work in Hamburg?

Wink

astuteman

Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:51 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 1):
Makes no sense, the wiring systems are being done in Hamburg so that should be where the workers are going and I havent heard anything about production delays due to problems at Toulouse, the main issue is capacity at Hamburg atm. I think this will turn out to be a press screw up

A possible logical explanation is that the wiring work on some of the early A380 frames, that should have been done at the sub-assembly stage in Hamburg, now has to be done at the final assembly stage in Toulouse.
I'm pretty sure Airbus are on record as saying that this is the case.

The resources that a) are normally assigned to do this, and b) (presumably) have the necessary detailed knowledge are from Hamburg. Ergo, they are drafted in to help out with the catch-up process in Toulouse.

Only guessing.
Regards

atmx2000

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:16 am

Quoting Astuteman (Reply 4):
A possible logical explanation is that the wiring work on some of the early A380 frames, that should have been done at the sub-assembly stage in Hamburg, now has to be done at the final assembly stage in Toulouse.
I'm pretty sure Airbus are on record as saying that this is the case.

Any possibility of a space issue? It may not be sufficient to increase the number of workers working on a plane in a given time to catch up if they don't have the space to work, and it maybe more productive to assign an increased number of workers to more planes both at Toulouse and Hamburg.
ConcordeBoy is a twin supremacist!! He supports quadicide!!

astuteman

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:17 pm

Quoting Atmx2000 (Reply 5):
Any possibility of a space issue?

If my hypotheisis was correct, then undoubtedly. If you're putting technicians into a finished fuselage to install large quantities of cable, I would imagine it to be the worst possible productive working conditions.

Quoting Atmx2000 (Reply 5):
and it maybe more productive to assign an increased number of workers to more planes both at Toulouse and Hamburg

I would imagine this would be inevitable too.
In the early '90's, the 2nd UK Trident submarine got into difficulties (lateness...) in final outfitting in the run-up to getting her ready for sea trials.
I recall, as the production manager on the 4th UK Trident submarine, which was still in sub-assembly stage, arguing very forcefully with my Managing Director to keep my installation trades, when instructed to relinquish them to help on the 2nd Boat.
My argument was exactly the same as the one you have just made. Unless you keep to the programmed outfit on subsequent sub-assemblies, you run the risk of never getting out of the problem.
I can only imagine that Hamburg are recruiting heavily right now.

Regards

MD11Engineer

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:25 pm

Quoting Astuteman (Reply 6):
I can only imagine that Hamburg are recruiting heavily right now.

Airbus is currently hiring like crazy. This is one reasons why the European market for licenced aircraft maintenance engineers is swept clean (the other reasons are the failure of the airlines and maintenance companies to train people over the last 10-20 years, they have always been relying on hiring people who got trained in the military, but now most countries are moving away from conscript armies, so this supply is drying up, they also relied heavily on grandfathered licences instead of training people to EASA standards (the transitional period is ending this september), expansion of the airline market both in Europe and Asia.).
So at the moment get a EASA 66 licence and get a good job!

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

lufthansi

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:32 pm

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 7):
So at the moment get a EASA 66 licence and get a good job!

Ok. I have one. What would you personally do with it?
Life starts at take-off!