jog

Bologna: TAM Wants To Fly GIG-CDG

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:19 pm

In another interview Marco Antonio Bologna, TAM's president, gives some more information about TAM's current state and its future plans (http://oglobo.globo.com/jornal/economia/285055089.asp, sorry Portuguese only). Some statements (better Portuguese speakers might add more):
- TAM is now the biggest carrier from Brazil, not only in Brazil
- TAM expects that the market grows 18% in 2006 and also 2007 the growth will have two digits
- TAM plans to expand in GIG
- TAM plans that the third daily flight to CDG origins in GIG
- TAM recognized that the comfort of its passengers at airports has decreased during the last months due to its growth. TAM wants to expand its facilities to fulfil the standards of the magic red carpet again, but has to wait until some of RG's facilities become available. They hope that the situation improves in the next 3-6 months and will be better in Brazilian spring already.

I think this interview is a nice addition to the one on flightglobal.com where I posted the main facts here

LipeGIG

RE: Bologna: TAM Wants To Fly GIG-CDG

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:42 pm

Quoting Jog (Thread starter):

Hi Florian, i just read the newspaper now, amazing news for GIG !

Some other important facts:

- TAM recognize the advantage of GIG in terms of market and costs (4% Tax instead of 25% at CGH/GRU/BSB)
- TAM wants GIG to be a Hub for the northeast flights.

Important to say, airports like CGH and BSB are on their limits, GRU is overcrowded on peak hours, and the only big market available is really GIG.
Also we have rumors of a GIG-MIA with JJ.

A non stop GIG-CDG with JJ could also drive AF for a third destination instead of improving GIG. The question is, they need planes!

Felipe
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

C010T3

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:48 pm

Quoting Jog (Thread starter):
- TAM plans that the third daily flight to CDG origins in GIG

He didn't say it would be a nonstop flight. If it were nonstop, he would have said so, but no, he preferred to delude the passengers...

LipeGIG

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:55 pm

Quoting C010T3 (Reply 2):
He didn't say it would be a nonstop flight. If it were nonstop, he would have said so, but no, he preferred to delude the passengers...

I believe it will be (if they really fly), but one or two days of the week with a stop at REC or SSA

Due to Consumers Request on PROCON (Consumers Protection Dept), TAM was obligated to change their "GIG-MIA" , "GIG-JFK" and "GIG-CDG" marketing on flights to GIG-GRU-MIA, GIG-GRU-JFK and GIG-GRU-CDG, and explain clearly that it needs to change planes at Sao Paulo.

Felipe
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

MAH4546

Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:20 am

I think we will see TAM go for MIA-GIG before they CDG-GIG. There are strong rumours they may start the flight sooner than later following the Varig situation.
a.