In another interview Marco Antonio Bologna, TAM's president, gives some more information about TAM's current state and its future plans (http://oglobo.globo.com/jornal/economia/285055089.asp, sorry Portuguese only). Some statements (better Portuguese speakers might add more):
- TAM is now the biggest carrier from Brazil, not only in Brazil
- TAM expects that the market grows 18% in 2006 and also 2007 the growth will have two digits
- TAM plans to expand in GIG
- TAM plans that the third daily flight to CDG origins in GIG
- TAM recognized that the comfort of its passengers at airports has decreased during the last months due to its growth. TAM wants to expand its facilities to fulfil the standards of the magic red carpet again, but has to wait until some of RG's facilities become available. They hope that the situation improves in the next 3-6 months and will be better in Brazilian spring already.
I think this interview is a nice addition to the one on flightglobal.com where I posted the main facts here