ACAfan
Topic Author

WN - How To Change A Boarding Pass From C To A

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:10 am

I found this through reddit.

http://boardfast.blogspot.com/

Even though I think it is very foolish for someone to do this, could this work?
Freddie Laker ... May be at peace with his maker ... But he is a persona non grata ... with IATA

OPNLguy

RE: WN - How To Change A Boarding Pass From C To A

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:23 pm

If so, not for long...  Wink
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

jetblueatjfk

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:30 pm

To abd I didn't know that earlier this year. Oh well someone at WN will notice this and they will incorporate the A B or C into the barcode. Hopefully not though....

B6jfk airplane 

SJCRRPAX

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:36 pm

You'd think if someone went to all that trouble they would just check-in 24 hours early.

Here is the trick I hate..., sometimes you'll see scum with a "B" card get into the end of the "A" line. What happens is that to the Person taking the cards they look like the first "B" person instead of the last "A" person..., I've seen this trick a couple of times. Some people think they are so smart.

OPNLguy

Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:36 pm

Quoting JetBlueAtJFK (Reply 2):
Oh well someone at WN will notice this and they will incorporate the A B or C into the barcode. Hopefully not though....

One of the posters commenting on the linked blog already said that it's been reported to SWA....
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

blueflyer

Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:48 pm

This kind of trick has been around for ages and I'm frankly surprised that WN got caught by it, however briefly it may have been used to move up the boarding queue.

Initially, this trick was used against unsuspecting web sites that were storing the price of the items you were buying online as part of the web page itself. You'd save a page on your hard drive, change the price of your item and click on the Continue or Next (or whatever) button and upload your new price to the web site, and you'd be the proud owner of an MP3 player (there was no iPod back then) for $5.00. Now, all prices are stored in a database and web pages just contain references to the database instead.

Southwest can easily fix this, by making the boarding group letter a graphic image, rather than an actual character, for instance, and changing the web page code to force the image to be loaded from their web server. Not fool proof, again, but much more complicated to do at home.
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has no clothes.