Thoughts On Bwia

Sun Jun 25, 2000 5:08 am

What do you guys think. Is BWIA a good airline? Would you ever fly with them. I hope they replace those L10-11's really soon. I hope they buy four Airbus
A330-200's to replace the L10-11's. I also dont mind if they buy the A340's. What do you think is the best L10-11 aircraft replacement for BWIA?

trintocan

RE: Thoughts On Bwia

Mon Jun 26, 2000 3:36 am

BWIA is a GREAT airline. Really, truly. It has a very warm and caring yet professional approach to flying. Its service is top-notch on the ground and in the air. It above all makes safety its number 1 priority. It would rather ground a plane for several hours to ensure that it is fully safe to fly than take any chances. As a result of that approach it has never had an accident in its 60 years of flying. With its new paint scheme and new 737-800s it is well-set for the future.

As for the TriStars, BWIA has been considering the 767-300/400 as a replacement, although I see posts in this forum stating that they are also considering the Airbus A330. I think that with their new 737NGs they would stick with Boeing for the sake of commonality.

BWIA's present fleet includes 4 Lockheed L-1011-500 TriStars, 5 MD83, 3 of 6 737-800s and 3 Dash 8 Q300s.

Trintocan.
Hop to it, fly for life!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos