soups

KLM Rip Off Change Booking

Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:26 am

got 2 seats booked ACC-AMS-LCY/LHR-AMS-ACC, business class we decided to change the reurn we were advise we should pay $250 per seat for date of change,however we have to pay a further $1600 to uprade to a full fare as no seats on our class (London office). We have then contacted the Accra Office and they managed to change the tickets with just the $250 per seat charge. Why did KLM (London) couldnt find any seats in our class while KLM (accra)managed to find us seats without the $1600 per pax to upgrade?
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

ehho

RE: KLM Rip Off Change Booking

Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:15 am

Perhaps unqualified staff?

I've found the complaints section of klm.com very helpful; they usually get back to you and sort the problems out.
"Get your facts first. Then you may distort them as much as you please" -- Mark Twain

BHXFAOTIPYYC

Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:24 am

Different availability for different geographic regions. If I am sometimes short say a D class seat, my contact in LON may well have one and will hold it for me so that my pax with a D class ticket can travel without the need to upgrade to C or J. (sorry talking BA here where the order is I, D, C, J)
Breakfast in BHX, lunch in FAO, dinner in TIP, baggage in YYC.

Touchdown777

Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:00 am

I had a similar situation with AF as I wanted to change the dates of my travel and having to pay an extra $250. However, in the long run, it worked out that I didn't even have to change the dates to begin with or I would have had to pay the extra fee.

T7
Made in the USA