BOAC911
Topic Author

New Business Class Seats For Swiss 330s?

Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:49 pm

Can anyone tell me if Swiss' A330s will ever get the new lie-flat business class seats that have been installed in the A340 for the past hree years? It seems to be taking them forever.

Knightsofmalta

RE: New Business Class Seats For Swiss 330s?

Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:02 am

Apparently the decision will be taken in November. SWISS had already more or less decided on a seat but when they tested it on their top customers, the most prominent reaction was that sitting in the new seat felt more like lying in a coffin. If no alternative is found by November, the same seats will be installed which are currently used on the A. 340 fleet.

ANITIX87

Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:29 am

While we're on the subject of interior mods, will the 332 ever get the same OD IFE as the 343's have? Because I honestly think that since the 332 came into Swissair's fleet many years ago, nothing in the IFE has changed except the movies. Same games, same map, same everything.

And, I hate not being able to start my movie when I want and not being able to fast forward or rewind or pause.

TIS
www.stellaryear.com: Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 5DMkII, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 24-70 2.8L II, Canon 100mm 2.8L, Canon 100-4

bjornstrom

Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:33 am

I flew a LX A332 on ZRH-NAI-DAR return recently and everything were fine except for the seats (and IFE). Nice food and great service sitting on 1A but since im 6.3' i had problems enjoying my flight in those old-school seats.

My blog with pics (in Swedish tho):
http://www.bjornstrom.se/index.php/a...swiss_imponerar_trots_usla_stolar/

[Edited 2006-08-04 22:35:45]
Eurobonus Gold | BMI Gold | http://my.flightmemory.com/bjornstrom/

Knightsofmalta

Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:27 pm

AS far as I know, the IFE is part of the revamp. However, nothing is bound to happen until the two additional aircraft arrive. LX is a few planes short as it is.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos