HikesWithEyes
Topic Author

Seattle Times Article On Airbus' New Leader

Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:48 pm

First, benzene in my Perrier, and now this!

leelaw

RE: Seattle Times Article On Airbus' New Leader

Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:49 pm

Actually, the source of the article is the Bloomberg News Service. Interesting that Mr. Streiff did significant job cutting while at Saint-Gobain, one wonder's whether he'll find any fat to trim at Airbus. IMO, the "fund manager" summarized the situation quite well:

"This man is untested in his new environment and he has a complex job to do," Beaney said. "As a consequence, the jury is still out on how competent he is, no matter how intelligent or charming he may be."

I also found this tidbit interesting as well:

"We are learning to be humble, to learn from our bad habits," Streiff said July 17 during a briefing at Farnborough, his first public appearance since taking the job.

He said he'd devoted half of his 16-hour working day to the A380 since being named chief executive. "I'm convinced today that Airbus will get out of this crisis better and stronger than before."

Personally, I'm always leery of people who claim to work 16-hour days.
Lex Ancilla Justitiae

Spruit

RE: Seattle Times Article On Airbus' New Leader

Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:58 pm

Quoting Leelaw (Reply 1):
Personally, I'm always leery of people who claim to work 16-hour days

Actually, Streiff does do 16 hrs a day, he's quite the workaholic by all accounts and will chop and cut at Airbus where necessary to get the job done!

As for his previous work and not having any aviation experience, well personally I think this is an asset for the man, he won't be pre-judging anything as he has no experience in this area so will look at all aspects of the Airbus business from a purely business attitude! Drawing on the experience of people whom he trusts and is confident in their ability in the aviation business!

He'll do Airbus the world of good, so long as he doesn't get drawn in to the politics and remains the hard businessman he's got the reputation of!

Spru!
E=Mc2