bacardi182

Aerolineas Argentinas Could Be Keeping Secrets?

Sun Jun 25, 2000 12:53 pm

i was looking up a flight for my friend on travelocity and i found this

Flight: Aero Argentinas flight 1300 on a Boeing 747
To: New York Kennedy (JFK) Saturday, Jul. 1 9:40am
Meals: Dinner, Breakfast

hmmm.... Isn't this route operated by an A340? Or does Aerolineas not have them anymore? I can smell something fishy, has anybody been to eze or read anything about AR lately? I read a big article in todays paper that would piss off anybody that is assossiated with Iberia. Who here thinks that the death day in july is too soon or too late?

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Omar Zekria

RE: Aerolineas Argentinas Could Be Keeping Secrets?

Sun Jun 25, 2000 5:45 pm

Whatever's available is the usual situation.

With some airlines, the aircraft actually operated on the day, may differ to that listed on the timetable for all sorts of reasons.

An example I can think of, is Emirates. According to their timetable, all services operated to MAN from DXB are serviced by A330's; having said that, I have flown the 777 at least 3 times on that route, so don't take the timetable too seriously!

I've just read an article in today's Clarin newspaper, describing how AR sent the presidential couple, the vice-presidential couple, and many other prominent ministers in the Argentine government, free first class tickets to any of AR's network destinations, to coerce the government into accepting their bail-out plan, so as to survive!! Isn't that called bribery?!

lima

Mon Jun 26, 2000 2:34 am

I read the article today in Clarin. If this would have happened under the past administration we would have never known about this bribes. Imagine all the corruption that took place during the years after the privatization.

Someone this past week posted to have seen a B747 in Mexico City. The current timetable shows that the airline is not flying to MEX, only Cancun. Today (Sunday) I spoke with a friend of mine from Sydney and he saw from his garden an Aerolineas A340 taking off from SYD. Strange as they never fly on Sundays from there.

More irony fun: there is a new AR advertisement today in Clarin about the Cordoba shuttle (20 services a day from Buenos Aires). On this ad, there is a logo stating "Aerolineas Argentinas, the first 50 years".

LatinPlane

Mon Jun 26, 2000 2:37 am

Hola!

Can you fill us in whatever new news that you may have on the Aerolineas Argentinas situation. Do you think that the day is getting closer and closer for AR?
Are the employees responding to any of the Sepi's offers?

Please share you're info. Thanks!

Apollo Diaz
Los Angeles
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

bacardi182

Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:55 am

the latest i have heard about the situation is that Iberia has officially been blamed for killing AR. there was even an instance when people formed a picket line around an iberia 747 waiting to depart for spain. they caused the flight to be delayed for 2 hours!

Bribery, ha! A wink is as good as a nudge to a blind bat.
The argentine government is going to need those free tickets once they sell the presidential plane (757).

BTW- this friday i am flying LanChile to the states cause AA, UAL, and especially AR are mierda

LatinPlane

Bacardi182

Wed Jun 28, 2000 10:54 am

I certainly agree  
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.