iowaman

RE: Allegiant Adds More LAS Flights To PIA-DSM-CID-BIS

Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:05 am

Great news. Glad to see DSM and CID going daily x Tu. as it will provide more options for travelers and more seats to LAS.

teneriffe77

Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:16 am

I thought allegiant didn't fly on tuseday's, I wonder what's made them change this?

FATFlyer

Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:30 am

More increase announcements today. See the other thread.
http://www.airliners.net/discussions...eneral_aviation/read.main/2924218/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

iowaman

Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:37 am

Quoting Teneriffe77 (Reply 2):
I thought allegiant didn't fly on tuseday's, I wonder what's made them change this?

I would imagine not all aircraft need maintnence every Tuesday, so they changed that a little while back. They currently fly to MSO and PSC on Tuesdays.

Humberside

Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:43 am

SO Peroria is the first city to have daily G4 flights!!!

Quoting Teneriffe77 (Reply 2):

I think they started Tuesday flights this summer on some routes where they added extra flihts on a seasonal basis. Im sure FATFlyer or ATCRick can confirm. There is only so many planes they can maintain at once on a Tuesday!!!
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

jeb94

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:56 am

The only way to increase frequency and add service at the moment is to fly on Tuesdays. Not that long ago Allegiant didn't fly on Saturdays. Now Saturdays have 40+ flights. This trend will continue. Goodbye no fly Tuesdays.

stlgph

Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:57 pm

Quoting Humberside (Reply 5):
SO Peroria is the first city to have daily G4 flights!!!

Good for Peoria. I've flown Allegiant twice from Peoria to Las Vegas and love the convenience of the airport, flight times, etc. I've heard that the airline does hella business from there. People have driven from all over Illinois to fly the Allegiant service...and there's me coming up from St. Louis.

Does anyone know how much advertising they do in the Peoria area and the surrounding areas?

If you travel from Peoria...make sure you tell Nancy that Gav in STL says hi.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

iowaman

Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:13 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 7):
and there's me coming up from St. Louis.

I hope you don't drive from STL to PIA just to fly Allegiant?? You do know they fly out of BLV right??

MLIGRBZW825

Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:50 am

Who groundhandles G4 out of PIA?....I groundhandle flts for G4 in GRB and i've heard one advertisement on the radio for them, and we've been groundhandling for almost a year now. But loads are always heavy.
'I'm too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns' -Iceman

deltadawg

Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:45 am

Seems like G4 is growing pretty nicely. Anybody have any insight as to when they might update the fleet with an order for 737's or 320's?

Would also be nice to see them do some point-to-point also.
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

FATFlyer

Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:01 am

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 10):
Anybody have any insight as to when they might update the fleet with an order for 737's or 320's?

Probably 2 or 3 years out, after the stock IPO. In the meantime they will probably do another 8 to 10 MD-80 series aircraft in the next 12 months.

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 10):
Would also be nice to see them do some point-to-point also.

The business plan calls for them to stay focused on leisure destinations. They will add additional vacation spots in the US/Mexico/etc and continue to grow via leisure travel.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

stlgph

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:36 am

Quoting Iowaman (Reply 8):

I hope you don't drive from STL to PIA just to fly Allegiant?? You do know they fly out of BLV right??

They fly out of Belleville twice a week. I took them from Belleville once and I was pleased with the service but I'll drive up to Peoria because I can go out in the morning of day 1 and return in the evening of day 2, or the next day. Often times I can get $79 one way out of Peoria long after the cheap fares or available seats are gone from St. Louis.

I took Allegiant the first time from Peoria for the A.Net meet in Las Vegas in March.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Boston92

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:07 am

Earlier this year, they started LAS-SMX for about $39 ow.
"Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200 and a substantial tax cut save you 30 cents?"

FlyPeoria

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:39 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 7):
Does anyone know how much advertising they do in the Peoria area and the surrounding areas?

I always see their ads in the local newspaper's Sunday edition. This past Sunday's paper contained an ad for part-time employees as well. PIA is one of the top G4 destinations. I just wish we could get SFB back!

DPJ

OzarkD9S

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:53 am

I wish they would bring back PIA-SFB. I guess they didn't get decent bookings with FL so close in BMI. But the route map looks weird as PIA is surrounded by cities with service to SFB.
Next up: STL-OAK-RNO-LAS-ICT-STL

jeb94

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:58 am

PIA-SFB might come back but it won't be for a year or two. Fuel costs are a big factor as is current aircraft availability. Hopefully marketing will be a little smarter about scheduling it to arrive at the same time as the LAS-PIA flight like its currently being done in RFD.

FlyPeoria

Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:52 pm

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 15):
I guess they didn't get decent bookings with FL so close in BMI.

FL's BMI-MCO service definitely hurt and the competing, daily and seasonal service currently offered by DL keeps fares so low in that market that one will have to blink before, IMHO, G4 ever considers PIA-SFB again.

If we can't get G4 to do it, maybe we could get DL to run PIA-MCO in May to September 2007? I bet the GPAA has talked to them about it.

DPJ