gkirk

Jet2: Newcastle & Leeds/Bradford To Krakow

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:43 pm

NCL-Krakow starts after 30th October
2 x weekly operating on Monday and Friday

LBA-Krakow starts after 30th October
2 x weekly operating on Tuesdays and Saturdays
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

Danny

RE: Jet2: Newcastle & Leeds/Bradford To Krakow

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:46 pm

Interesting, however there is nothing on Jet2 site. Is it official?

gkirk

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:49 pm

Quoting Danny (Reply 1):
Interesting, however there is nothing on Jet2 site. Is it official?

It's available for booking. You can see the times in the Timetable section
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

Christa

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:57 pm

Good news for LBA and NCL, a wise move for Jet2 to solidify themselves on the Polish market from Yorkshire and the Northeast.

Regards,
Chris
Croeso i Faes Awyr Rhyngwladol Caerdydd - Welcome to Cardiff International Airport

cwldude

Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:14 pm

I went to Kraków a year and a half ago, and then I didnt understand why it wasn't a huge tourist hotspot because it's such a beautiful city! Since then it's gone from strength to strength and I'm glad that our airlines (and indeed their airlines) are expanding on the UK-Poland network  Smile , particularly KRA.

Good luck Jet2, once again strengthening my point that they're the low-cost airline that does the different things  Smile
Thomson Airways - The UKs premier charter airline // now flown : BY -AA -AJ -AE -AT; OO -AX -AU -RA -BG; BRIG; OBYD

diesel1

Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:00 pm

Quoting Cwldude (Reply 4):
I didnt understand why it wasn't a huge tourist hotspot because it's such a beautiful city!

The growth in links between Poland and the UK is primarily down to the large number of Polish workers now based in the UK and not just because of an increase in the number of tourists. Officially around a million workers in the UK I believe, but in reality, far more than this my Polish friends tell me.
I don't like signatures...

cornish

Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:13 pm

Quoting Diesel1 (Reply 5):
The growth in links between Poland and the UK is primarily down to the large number of Polish workers now based in the UK and not just because of an increase in the number of tourists. Officially around a million workers in the UK I believe, but in reality, far more than this my Polish friends tell me.

Part of this being down to the fact that the UK, Ireland and I think Sweden have been the only EU countries to allow free movement of labour from the new EU member states. Every other EU country has blocked this, making the UK far more attractive to the Poles than neighbouring Germany for example, notwithstanding the long established ethnic Polish connections with the UK.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

diesel1

Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:19 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 6):
Part of this being down to the fact that the UK, Ireland and I think Sweden have been the only EU countries to allow free movement of labour from the new EU member states

As an aside to the aviation discussion, on a recent visit to Ireland, the local Dublin evening paper (don't remember the name of it) had a sizeable supplement, entirely in Polish, aimed at Poles living and working in Dublin.
I don't like signatures...

cornish

Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:27 pm

If only an airline could fly into Northolt from Poland - they'd be landing right in the heart of the biggest Polish population in the UK  Smile
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

LOT767-300ER

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:05 am

Quoting Diesel1 (Reply 7):
As an aside to the aviation discussion, on a recent visit to Ireland, the local Dublin evening paper (don't remember the name of it) had a sizeable supplement, entirely in Polish, aimed at Poles living and working in Dublin.

I read some weeks ago that 1 in 6 people in Dublin speak Polish. And they are the largest minority now in Dublin followed by Lithuanians I believe.

Quoting Diesel1 (Reply 5):
Officially around a million workers in the UK I believe, but in reality, far more than this my Polish friends tell me.

Definately has to be more.