EZYAirbus
Topic Author

Any Anetters Travel Plans Suffer Today?

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:46 am

Tonight I was due to fly LTN-PMI on easyJet to visit my girlfriend and her family while they are on holiday, but after todays events in the UK my flight with easyJet was cancelled, thus cancelling my holiday as i was coming back saturday morning, has anyone else suffered from todays events?

Glenn
http://www.glenneldridgeaviation.com

kazzie

RE: Any Anetters Travel Plans Suffer Today?

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:47 am

Quoting EZYAirbus (Thread starter):
Tonight I was due to fly LTN-PMI on easyJet to visit my girlfriend and her family while they are on holiday, but after todays events in the UK my flight with easyJet was cancelled, thus cancelling my holiday as i was coming back saturday morning, has anyone else suffered from todays events?

argh thats a shame Glenn  Sad

It was complete Chaos today... expect it for the next few days if your at work.
Bazinga punk.

FutureFO

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:49 am

Fortunately I am working, so it does not affect my travel.

Sean
I Don't know where I am anymore

EZYAirbus
Topic Author

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:50 am

Quoting Kazzie (Reply 1):
expect it for the next few days if your at work.

not in until sunday morning, but i expect it will be busy, this isnt all gonna go away quickly, gonna be having these restrictions for some time i feel!

Glenn

UKCO

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:51 am

No, but I'm LAX-LHR tommorow, and not looking forward to it.

qwerty

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:55 am

Traveling tomorrow. I heard a news blurb that cell phones and laptops are check-only items for domestic U.S. flights. Is this correct?

Aeroflot777

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:55 am

I flew out of LHR on a red-eye flight last night. Aeroflot's A321 LHR-SVO. Just hours before this whole mess began. I consider myself very lucky, it was perfect timing. However my dad is stranded in London He was supposed to take a BA flight to DME in the morning but both DME flights were already cancelled by 7 am. BA told him it will be days before he gets to fly out, and so far has re-booked him on a Sunday morning flight.

Aeroflot777

kazzie

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:56 am

Quoting EZYAirbus (Reply 3):
not in until sunday morning, but i expect it will be busy, this isnt all gonna go away quickly, gonna be having these restrictions for some time i feel!

Unfortunately yes...

I just hope the Baggage system copes, Its bad enough without all these extra bags, This morning it took up to 6 mins to dispatch a bag!

Staff getting through security took ages to, whats normally a few mins it took us 15 mins to clear today, we even had our radios and pens confiscated..

Not to mention the amount of congestion in the check-in all... In the end our first FR flight pushed at 0910, 3 hours late.
Bazinga punk.

EZYAirbus
Topic Author

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:01 am

Quoting Kazzie (Reply 7):
In the end our first FR flight pushed at 0910, 3 hours late.

Isnt that normal for Ryanair?

Quoting Kazzie (Reply 7):
Staff getting through security took ages to, whats normally a few mins it took us 15 mins to clear today, we even had our radios and pens confiscated..

Hehe, it took me an hour to get through security last night for my flight to AMS, didnt think i was gonna make it, hate to see it now!

kazzie

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:07 am

Quoting EZYAirbus (Reply 8):
Isnt that normal for Ryanair?

haha no  Wink

Quoting EZYAirbus (Reply 8):
Hehe, it took me an hour to get through security last night for my flight to AMS, didnt think i was gonna make it, hate to see it now!

The Queue was back the the entrance the queue for outsize baggage was along side it..

The Queue for EZY ticket desk was going back to Servisair Ticket sales and the Queue for servisair Ticket sales was back to desk number 5, all the check-in desk queues where the lengh of the hall...

So the congestion was MAD!, plus, Police are suspending check-in ever now and then to search bags in the dock..

And the ramp congestion was just as bad, A/C parked up on the cargo ramp, A/C parked in the engine test bay and also on the exec ramp...
Bazinga punk.

pnqiad

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:11 am

My uncle is leaving BOM for ORD and transiting thru LHR on BD-UA (11th Aug.) - I haven't talked to him today - so hoping he is not affected much in transit.

Venezuela747

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:18 am

Quoting Qwerty (Reply 5):
Traveling tomorrow. I heard a news blurb that cell phones and laptops are check-only items for domestic U.S. flights. Is this correct?

Not that I have heard of.... just liquids are banned
ROLL TIDE!!!

cbphoto

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:56 am

Well....I was supposed to fly MSP-LGW on NWA today, but due to all of the hassles, security concerns and labor issues, we decided it just wasn't worth the 10 day trip to visit family. I hope the issues are resolved soon and I thank all of those who helped foil the plot. It could have been an ugly weekend for aviation had this gone through. Also, Delta was a big help in re-crediting the miles back to my account, so good job Delta!! I hope everyone has a pleasent and safe travel this weekend.
Now...I need to get on one more DC-10 before they all go. Hmmm...
Peace
ETOPS: Engines Turning or Passengers Swimming

sk736

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:12 am

I was due to travel MAN/LHR/MAN on Monday. Can't see the restrictions (or the chaos) being lifted by then so cancelled the flight and booked the train.

cbphoto

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:19 am

Quoting SK736 (Reply 13):
Can't see the restrictions (or the chaos) being lifted by then so cancelled the flight and booked the train.

I too though about rebooking by train, but I ran into some difficulties  Smile  Smile
ETOPS: Engines Turning or Passengers Swimming

jfidler

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:24 am

I was due to travel SK TLL-ARN-LHR today, and return Sunday SK/OV LHR-CPH-TLL. When I showed up at TLL, flights to LHR that had not yet left the ground were not cleared for departure. The "New information at.." update would come 20 minutes before I landed at ARN. The risk was that the ARN-LHR flight gets massively delayed or cancelled, in which case I'm on my own for sleeping arrangements that night at ARN.

So I decided all the hassle and uncertainty wasn't worth it and chose to take a full refund on my ticket (normally not allowed on my fare class, but allowed this time due to the special situation). In the end, my particular ARN-LHR flight did depart, a few minutes late. I think SK was happy to do the refund, as they had 2-3 plane loads of people whose ARN-LHR flight was cancelled eariler that day sitting in ARN quite eager to get to LHR!

Justin