BCAInfoSys
Topic Author

Saw A ConAir Flight At SLC Today...

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:46 am

Guys and gals -

I had a unique spotting experience I thought you might find interesting. During my lunch break, I picked up some Greek food (hmmm.. tasty gyro), and then drove the mile or so over to SLC. I figured I'd enjoy the nice day and maybe catch something interesting.

Well as I was driving up to the Golf Course there at the south end of SLC, I saw an all-white MD-80 parked at the FedEx ramp at the very southern end of the SLC tarmac. My interest was raised, but it wasn't til I got a little further down the road and could see to the other side that there was an armored bus unloading prisoners on to the plane.

I was excited because it was my first time seeing a JPATS plane, especially while they were loading the prisoners on board.

I wonder if the passengers got hot meals or a cute F/A to flirt with while they enjoyed the lovely Starbucks coffee?  Wink

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Aaron Mandolesi

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Joe G. Walker

Well folks, have a great day. And I hope you never have to fly this particular airline and find out how their service is first hand!  Wink

Steve
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

jetmatt777
Crew

RE: Saw A ConAir Flight At SLC Today...

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:50 am

C'Mon steve lets go hold up a 7-11 and see how there service is!  Wink

Since OKC is the hub of this "airline" we see there 737 here every day. Although haven't seen the MD80 yet. Always two parked at the hangar.

-matt  Smile
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

aa61hvy

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:25 am

Was Nicholas Cage on board?
Go big or go home

BCAInfoSys
Topic Author

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:37 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 2):
Was Nicholas Cage on board?

Smartass.  Wink

Just admit it, you'd think it was cool too. I just wish I'd had my camera on me.. though on second thought, taking pictures of that might be illegal and raise some  redflag s. Hmmm?
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

S12PPL

Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:24 am

Quoting BCAInfoSys (Reply 3):
though on second thought, taking pictures of that might be illegal and raise some s. Hmmm?

Why? There are obviously other pics in the DB of JPATS aircraft....Should be ok.
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

BatonOps

Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:32 am

MDT gets two flights a week...both 737's. On Monday the convicts are flown out and on Tuesdays the illegal aliens are flown out. Once in a while we see multiple convict flights during the week.

Always a sight to see...