ramprat74

Any News From AVP

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:18 pm

I went onto their website. It looks like they are going to build a nice new terminal. Does anybody on here know when it suppose to be completed? The last time I flew into AVP was back in the late 80's. I flew LAX-BWI-AVP on Piedmont. The LAX-BWI-LAX legs were on their 767-200's. The BWI-AVP-BWI legs were on Dash-8's. I remember US Air and Eastern had mainline flights into AVP back then. I also remember CO Express and TW Express flying into there at that time.

It is a great airport to fly into. I know Delta started to fly mainline on the AVP-ATL-AVP route in the 90's. Now they fly RJ's into AVP. At least the airport gets service from Northwest Airlink and United Express also.

Everytime I watch "The Office", I think about AVP.

unitednrt

RE: Any News From AVP

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:22 pm

Any chance of IAD-AVP with CRJ equipment? United announced several routes and they ended quite abruptly. IIRC, IAD-MKE and IAD-MEM were the others, along with IAD-IAH, which has since been up-gauged to an E170, soon to be 2x.
"...That's a lovely name. My name's Milton; Milton Ettenheim, but my friends call me Bubbles."