ramprat74

Any News From AVP

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:18 pm

I went onto their website. It looks like they are going to build a nice new terminal. Does anybody on here know when it suppose to be completed? The last time I flew into AVP was back in the late 80's. I flew LAX-BWI-AVP on Piedmont. The LAX-BWI-LAX legs were on their 767-200's. The BWI-AVP-BWI legs were on Dash-8's. I remember US Air and Eastern had mainline flights into AVP back then. I also remember CO Express and TW Express flying into there at that time.

It is a great airport to fly into. I know Delta started to fly mainline on the AVP-ATL-AVP route in the 90's. Now they fly RJ's into AVP. At least the airport gets service from Northwest Airlink and United Express also.

Everytime I watch "The Office", I think about AVP.

unitednrt

RE: Any News From AVP

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:22 pm

Any chance of IAD-AVP with CRJ equipment? United announced several routes and they ended quite abruptly. IIRC, IAD-MKE and IAD-MEM were the others, along with IAD-IAH, which has since been up-gauged to an E170, soon to be 2x.
"...That's a lovely name. My name's Milton; Milton Ettenheim, but my friends call me Bubbles."

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos