JoeCattoli
Topic Author

How Is OzJet Doing?

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:19 am

Hi A.netters, it's been a while we didn't heard anything about OzJet after its charter conversion..

I checked the database

There is this photo in Koching

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © M Radzi Desa

And another claiming it apparently runs charters to Norfolk Island

View Large View Medium

Photo © David Knudsen

..while 4 of 6 of its 732 fleet returned to Europe apparently.

Anyone knows how they're doing? And if they kept the all business configuration or retrofitted the aircraft?
Thanks

Ciao  wave 
Joe

deltagator

RE: How Is OzJet Doing?

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:31 am

Ceased operations a while back.

Ozjet To Cease Operations (by Zeke Mar 12 2006 in Civil Aviation)

http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/comm...n/ozjet-suspends-flights-6623.html

Edit: they still run charter ops I believe but scheduled service is gone.

[Edited 2006-08-15 00:40:28]
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

JoeCattoli
Topic Author

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:53 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 1):

I was talking about the charter operations in fact..

Ciao
Joe

HKGKaiTak

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:01 am

Haven't heard anything about them since they started running the Norfolk Island charters. Don't even know if that's still going.

They were planning to launch charter flights to holiday resorts and so forth, a market I thought they could easily have had.

The only thing I've heard from Paul Stoddart in recent weeks has been his plans to enter a team in the CART Champ Car series next season.
4 Engines 4 LongHaul

bill142

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:41 am

They will probably become Norfolk Jet and replace Qantas services to the island. Something which Qantas seems willing to give them.

DJ748

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:20 pm

Ozjet did cease all regular scheduled operations between Sydney and Melbourne. But after that, they did get a contract to operate services between Brisbane and Norfolk Island. I think they only operate between the two destinations a few times per week. And not to mention that Qantas codeshare with them.

VHVXB

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:27 pm

Quoting HKGKaiTak (Reply 3):
Haven't heard anything about them since they started running the Norfolk Island charters. Don't even know if that's still going.

They are still going. I saw one departing when I was spotting at SYD last weekend

bmibaby737

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:36 pm

Hi There,

Recently G-GPFI was sent back out to Australia from Bournemouth in full Ozjet colours and re-registered as VH-OZQ again.

G-CEAJ is staying in it's Ozjet livery while flying charters for European Aircharter in the UK from it's base at Bournemouth.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Brian Wilkes
View Large View Medium

Photo © Tristan Barnes

The Ozjet aircraft that has been used on schedules to Norfolk Islands since late May is going to be repainted and renamed. Future operations will be under-taken as Norfolk Air and the aircraft will recieve a new blue and green colour scheme, embracing the national colours of Norfolk Island.

From this Friday (August 18th) flights on the Sydney - Norfolk Island route will increase from three to four weekly flights. The route to Brisbane will remain at it's current thrice weekly rotation.

BmiBaby737 / Jimmi

VHVXB

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:44 pm

Quoting BmiBaby737 (Reply 7):
From this Friday (August 18th) flights on the Sydney - Norfolk Island route will increase from three to four weekly flights. The route to Brisbane will remain at it's current thrice weekly rotation.

Thanks for that bit of info BMI