lincoln

Ground Transportation At MSY

Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:02 pm

Hi All,

I know there are some MSY-ians here, and I'm hoping that (at least) one of you can help with a quick question:

It is highly likely that I will be in New Orleans at some point in the next 14 days on business, and I will need to get from the airport to Harrah's New Orleans and back. What is the best way do do this?

Given my age and the fact that I'll just doing Airport->Job Site/Hotel->Airport, I'd really prefer to avoid the hassle of renting a car.

Thanks,

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

N353SK

RE: Ground Transportation At MSY

Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:12 pm

I work with somebody who goes to school in New Orleans, and he said the best way would be to just take a taxi. For one person it's like $30 each way. Not exactly cheap, but your best option if not renting a car.

Also, how can you be old enough to get into harrah's but too young to rent a car?

lincoln

Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:31 pm

Quoting N353SK (Reply 1):
Also, how can you be old enough to get into harrah's but too young to rent a car

I'm 22... so old enough to drink and gamble, but it's a real PITA (not impossible, just expensive and a PITA) to rent a car until I'm 25 (or is it 24?))

Anyways, I'm not going to Harrah's to gamble; but to take care of a job. (Not saying that gambling won't occur during the time I'm down there  Wink )

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

MSYtristar

Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:33 pm

There is a public bus that costs $1.25 that runs from the airport to downtown every half hour or so...from the downtown stop, it's about a five minute cab ride to Harrah's. Might cost you $10. This would take a while since the bus runs down Airline Drive which has numerous stop lights. Also, cabs may be hard to come by at the stop.

A better (and quicker) option would be to take the Airport Shuttle van from MSY to the Hilton Riverside Hotel, which is right across the street from Harrah's. $13 each way for that...they run every 10 minutes or so, from like 8am 'til after the last flight arrives. They have booths on the baggae claim level where you can purchse tickets.

A taxi will cost you $24 one way.

N1120A

Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:05 pm

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 2):
I'm 22... so old enough to drink and gamble, but it's a real PITA (not impossible, just expensive and a PITA) to rent a car until I'm 25 (or is it 24?))

25, which is a bit lame

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 3):
There is a public bus that costs $1.25 that runs from the airport to downtown every half hour or so...from the downtown stop, it's about a five minute cab ride to Harrah's. Might cost you $10. This would take a while since the bus runs down Airline Drive which has numerous stop lights. Also, cabs may be hard to come by at the stop.

A better (and quicker) option would be to take the Airport Shuttle van from MSY to the Hilton Riverside Hotel, which is right across the street from Harrah's. $13 each way for that...they run every 10 minutes or so, from like 8am 'til after the last flight arrives. They have booths on the baggae claim level where you can purchse tickets.

I would stick with the Airport Shuttle given that it is still a great deal and they prefer to drop downtown first.

Also, if you send me a PM, I will be back in town this weekend and I might be able to pick you up if you want.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss