Qantas has today announced it's annual profit for the year ended June 30, 2006.
Highlights are as follows;
- Profit before tax of AUD$671m down 26.6 percent;
- Fuel costs increased by AUD$1.1 billion;
- Restructuring costs of $182 million included in expenses;
- $104 million of Liquidated Damages from Airbus included as income re the A380 delays;
- Yield up 5.8% for the year;
- Capacity up 3.6% for the year;
- Cash on hand AUD$2.9 billion
- AUD$501m of cost savings achieved;
- Establishment of Express Freighters Australia and the consolidation and then separation group Freight enterprises into separate lines;
- Group Revenue for the year up 8.6% to AUD$13.6 billion
Not a bad year really all things considered. The A380 damages claim amount is an interesting one though as is the continued focus on freight operations.
The announcement also confirms order for 4 A330-200's being 2 for Jetstar and 2 for the Qantas Group.
[Edited 2006-08-17 04:45:05]
[Edited 2006-08-17 04:52:41]