CV990
Topic Author

Early Operations Of The Fokker F-28.

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:52 am

Hi!

I still remember when I was a kid seeing at leasttwo airlines that used to fly to LIS using the good old Fokker F-28, they were LTU and Germanair. Maybe any of our german enthusiasts can give more clues regarding the routes the F-28 flew, but looking to their flights to LIS it was probably one of the longest routes they flew! Also I would like to bring too a flag airline that used the F-28, and this is quite amazing because at the same time they already had the DC-9, I'm talking about Iberia and according the comments on the photos from A.Net photo engine these Fokkers were used to cargo/crew trainning flights and that's is very interesting, first because I'm almost sure that those early F-28 airplanes didn't have a side cargo door.
Finnally I would like also to share that after TAP had their accident with the Boeing 727-200 CS-TBR the portuguese airline evaluated during some time the possibility to buy the Fokker F-28 specially to fly to Madeira Islands, but also at the same time to replace the Caravelle VI-R that was almost obsolete in some routes. The plane that was involved was the NLM City Hopper PH-BBV, and I remember well those times when he flew from LIS airport. Maybe some of you know a bit more about these early operations.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Giorgio Adamo
View Large View Medium

Photo © Mick West

View Large View Medium

Photo © Steve Morris - AirTeamImages

Regards
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

rikkus67

RE: Early Operations Of The Fokker F-28.

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:48 am

The F-28, one of my favorite lil rockets! I was privileged to ride on this aircraft type only once, and although loud, it certainly had a lot of get-up-&-go....My hometown airline of Time Air aquired a couple from operator Norcan Air, and went on to operate a fleet of over 30 under the Canadi>n Regional banner. Canadi>n Regional became one of the largest operators of the type.

View Large View Medium

Photo © George A Wallace

View Large View Medium

Photo © Robert Forst

View Large View Medium

Photo © John W. A. Merer

AC.WA.CP.DL.RW.CO.WG.WJ.WN.KI.FL.SK.ACL.UA.US.F9

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos