EI787
Topic Author

Ryanair's Approach To Security Arrangements!

Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:59 pm

I just found this on FR's website:

Go to the homepage (http://www.ryanair.com)

Click on the link in red writing 'New Airport Security Restrictions'.

It brings you to this page: http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/notices.php?notice=060822-ASP-EN

A rather unique way to remind passengers of the security arrangements!!  rotfl 

ADXMatt

RE: Ryanair's Approach To Security Arrangements!

Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:04 pm

I love it.....

I wish Americans weren't so uptight. We (US) would never get away with something like that.

Scorpio

Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:23 pm

LOL! That's absolutely hilarious! Wonder how long it'll take before some idiot files a complaint because their kids were 'brutally scarred for life' from seeing that picture  Wink

ANCFlyer

Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:32 pm

Quoting ADXMatt (Reply 1):
I wish Americans weren't so uptight.

Looks like the future of the TSA checkpoints at any given airport in the US.

Brilliant move by Ryanair . . . hilarious.

You're right too - damn conservative Christian Southern Baptist Bible Thumpers would crap themselves.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

ltbewr

Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:11 pm

At least some has a 'cheeky' sense of humor  biggrin 
They should have put a link to the real rules under the picture which does get one's attention. No USA airline could do this, the DHS would probably put them out of business for making fun of the DHS, TSA.
I think this picture was from the set up for a photo shoot by a photo artist who is well known for his large scale pictures of showing 100's of adult people nude in public places including places like NY City's Times Square.

A390

Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:15 pm

LOL! The future of air travel.
I hope the crew will turn up the temperature onboard

EI787
Topic Author

Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:46 pm

I see they've now altered the picture by blurring all 'offensive areas'!! Big grin

FlyKev
Crew

Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:15 pm

That sums FR up right there!

Lol. Good one to FR.

Kev.
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only

ZBA320

Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:33 pm

Latest way of saving weight? Depends on whether you have a lovely fit girl sat next to you!!  Wink Big grin

Got to admire Ryanair for that and the "Let's Beat Terriorism" idea.
An Engineer made a bet that a 747 Gear wouldn't retract in a Hangar. He lost the bet.

ntspelich

Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:47 pm

That is possibly the greatest thing that I have ever seen. I can't wait til we get a SD about that.
United 717 heavy, you're facing the wrong way. Any chance you can powerback to get off of my deice pad?

gilesdavies

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:03 pm

"PUT FUN BACK INT0 FLYING"

Thats rich coming from Ryanair, considering they are the ones that took the fun OUT of flying and turned it into a bus service!

Miserable and Robotic Cabin Crew
Rugby Scrum to Get on the Aircraft
Long Queues at the Boarding Gate and Check-In
An Airline That Does Everything Possible to Make the Passengers Life a Misery

On the positive side - You can buy a Scratchcard for 2 Euro's on the flight and possibly win a car! (NOW thats Excitement!) The proceeds goes to an disclosed charity!

MMM Sounds Delightful!  bigthumbsup 

This trip report sums it up and Im sure a lot of people who have flown them can relate to this! - http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/84096/

BTW - If you wondering, I do still fly Ryanair!

Pe@rson

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:58 pm

Time for some rebuttals:

Quoting Gilesdavies (Reply 10):

Which is why in a recent large survey of 20,000 FR customers 29.22% thought the friendliness of staff at check-in was excellent; 53.53% as good; 14.74% as average; 2.15% as poor; and 1.36% as very poor. Evidently, more customers thought its friendliness was excellent than average, poor and very poor combined.

Oh, perhaps you meant in the air!

If so, then, yes... I can confirm that, again, it was considered good. Indeed, 23.22% thought FR's in-flight professionalism was excellent; 55.63% as good; 18.01% as average; 2.12% as poor; and 1.01% as very poor. Moreover, 20.74% thought they were excellently looked after; 51.10% good; 23.83% average; 3.09% poor; and 1.24% very poor.

Clearly, you are stating well-held myths.

Taking of myths:

Interesting.

Of that survey:

16.12% had no queue at check-in;
42.65% had 01-10 minutes;
25.47% had 11-20 minutes;
9.75% had 21-30 minutes;
4.46% had 31-60 minutes; and
1.66% had 1 hour+

Evidently, more people had no queue than 21+ minutes combined.

What's more, the introduction of online check-in will expedite the process still further.

An Airline That Does Everything Possible to Make the Passengers Life a Misery

It would thus be fair to say that its customers are unhappy with their FR experience? That they don't return?

Well, let's see:  Wink

How would you rate your overall Ryanair experience?

25.95% = excellent
55.3% = good
14.95% = average
2.13% = poor
1.62% = very poor

The average, poor and very poor total 18.7% combined - compared to 25.95% rated excellent.

These very promising and telling figures can be explained because FR knows its customers and gives them what they want: the lowest fares and the best punctuality.

FR clearly gives its customers want they want because as a huge 83.17% had flown it before.

Perhaps stick to the figures rather than spouting nonsense.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Joost

Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:05 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 11):
Perhaps stick to the figures rather than spouting nonsense.

This is a.net  Wink

jmc757

Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:29 am

Very funny from Ryanair. I had this picture by e-mail a couple of days ago, never thought it would make it onto an airlines website.

As for usual "Ryanair is Crap/God*" (*delete as applicable) row. Yawn, next...

Pe@rson

Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:44 am

Quoting Jmc757 (Reply 13):
As for usual "Ryanair is Crap/God*" (*delete as applicable) row. Yawn, next...

Yep, it's very boring now. But as long as people still submit nonsense, I will happily rebut with facts-and-figures.  Smile
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

A340600

Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:01 am

Thats rich coming from Ryanair, considering they are the ones that took the fun OUT of flying and turned it into a bus service!

Could you take many more words out of my mouth?! rotfl 
Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

Pe@rson

Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:04 am

Quoting A340600 (Reply 15):
Could you take many more words out of my mouth?!

Again, ignore the facts - continue with your myths.  Smile Says a lot about you.

gilesdavies

Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:30 am

Ohh Be Quiet Pearson and stop being boring!!!

Are we not allowed to have fun on here and voice our opinions on here? Im sure last time I read a.net was a free open forum where people could place their views without the need for people to insulted or criticised.

You have obviously taken an MOL pill and had lessons from the Ryanair Spin Doctors department!

The Points of Views I have given are FACTUAL (in my opinion) and in about the last 16 flights I have flown on with Ryanair, I have NEVER encountered a warm or friendly welcome aboard any of their flights.

I would have thought I am very much like all people on A.net and look forward to flying and the whole experience. But in recent times, I don't enjoy flying when it comes to going with FR, I actually find the whole experience quite stressful. From the hassle of check-in, scrumming to get on the flight, the attitude of the cabin crew and whole experience! (Us A-netters are a more demanding clientel!)

The experience I have with other carriers including U2, WW, W6 and other LCC is always a joy to what FR offer!

Pe@rson

Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:38 am

Quoting Gilesdavies (Reply 17):
voice our opinions on here?

Not if they're made up and based on thin air.

I can't believe your willingness to disregard the truth, the facts, in favour of, as you said, "opinions."

The Points of Views I have given are FACTUAL (in my opinion) and in about the last 16 flights I have flown on with Ryanair, I have NEVER encountered a warm or friendly welcome aboard any of their flights.

That's nice. But in my 80+ FR flights over the past few years all my flights were either early or ontime but for 1 30-minute delay, 1 15-minute delay and 1 cancellation (due to very bad snow). Clearly, very good. And I expect my two flights in Sept to be exactly the same: ontime or early. And, yes, they were very cheap.

The experience I have with other carriers including U2, WW, W6 and other LCC is always a joy to what FR offer!

That's nice. It's something I always hear. Yet they're nowhere near as successful. I wonder why.

Ohh Be Quiet Pearson and stop being boring!!!

When opinions contradict the truth, then everyone has a duty, regardless of how boring it might be, to step in.

[Edited 2006-08-22 19:39:31]

Joost

Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:00 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 18):
That's nice. It's something I always hear. Yet they're nowhere near as successful. I wonder why.

I do not see a real difference in succesfulness between easyJet and Ryanair. Both companies are expanding quickly and are making profits. Do you have any information about the ROI for both companies? Do you get a higher return on Ryanair shares than easyJet shares?

MRURUN

Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:02 am

helloo, everything is grand if your flight runs on time, your baggage gets there and you're not cancelled.The problem therein lies with the fact that FR does not do plan b's. Full stop. Yes, they're great in what they do WHEN THEY DO IT WELL, but, by god, will one rue the day if something goes wrong, and human nature dictates that FR only has to get it wrong once, to MAJORILY annoy those pax, as oppossed to having to get it right EVERY TIME, so that peeps will walk away with the 'yup, not as bad as I thought' idea. Speak to anyone who has ANY customer service issues with FR? Even when the case is resolved (a la through the Small CLaims Court) it's not as if FR can lob 5,000 miles into your FF account and send over flowers/wine or UG you to make up for their boob. They have cut themselves off from a future revenue stream, Full Service carriers can put the legwork in and tempt the disgruntled pax back.

Amen. laughing 

Pe@rson

Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:15 am

Quoting Joost (Reply 19):
I do not see a real difference in succesfulness between easyJet and Ryanair. Both companies are expanding quickly and are making profits. Do you have any information about the ROI for both companies? Do you get a higher return on Ryanair shares than easyJet shares?

FR is more profitable.

FR is Europe's largest LCC - it carries more customers and will continue to do so (target is 100m by 2012, although it will probably be higher)

FR is on course to become Europe's largest consumer growth company.

FR is Europe's number-one pan-European LCC.

FR is expected to have at least 413 738s by 2014 - if all options are excerised and if all firm orders are delivered. (It is expected that FR will order even more, thereby meaning it'll continue to grow by about 20% until the end of the decade. Moreover, some of its 738s from an earlier order haven't yet been delivered.)

FR is on its way to becoming Europe's largest e-tailer.

And on.

Quoting MRURUN (Reply 20):
everything is grand if your flight runs on time, your baggage gets there and you're not cancelled.

Yes. But you have forgot that FR is very well-known for its punctuality and the fact that it loses very few bags (0.5 per 1,000). Thus, the good overwelmingly overshadows the bad - as the figures on on-time performance prove.

Quoting MRURUN (Reply 20):
disgruntled pax back.

You ignore the fact that nearly 84% of its customers have flown with them before - testament to their happiness and also the fact that it retains them.

iRISH251

Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:16 am

Last time I checked, flying with Ryanair was not compulsory - has something changed?

MRURUN

Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:20 am

where did the 84% come from, what was the subject pool, where was it conducted, how old is it, who conducted the survey?

As I pointed out they do get you there MOST of the time, but, to reiterate, it is the times when the flight is cancelled and you have NOWHERE to turn to, they dont give themselves a chance. Which is fine by the rest of the industry. LOL.

planesarecool

Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:26 am

in about the last 16 flights I have flown on with Ryanair, I have NEVER encountered a warm or friendly welcome aboard any of their flights.

Perhaps that says more about you than Ryanair...

You can say all you want about FR, but the facts speak for themselves.

Quoting MRURUN (Reply 23):
As I pointed out they do get you there MOST of the time, but, to reiterate, it is the times when the flight is cancelled and you have NOWHERE to turn to, they dont give themselves a chance. Which is fine by the rest of the industry. LOL.

I've had an FR flight cancelled, and i was offered a full refund or the option of getting on the next flight, 2 hours later.

Pe@rson

Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:26 am

Quoting MRURUN (Reply 23):
where did the 84% come from, what was the subject pool, where was it conducted, how old is it, who conducted the survey?

Davy Stockbrokers - independent aviation analysts (and they analyse other things). Do a search and all your questions will be answered.

MRURUN

Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:30 am

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 24):

I have a flight cancelled in BVA and was offered one THREE days later. Your point? I have a flight cancelled ex DRW and was rerouted and arrived in CNS an hour later!!!

EI787
Topic Author

Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:39 am

Quote:
Ryanair issues cheeky invitation to air passengers
22/08/2006 - 12:20:01

Ryanair has invited its passengers to get down to the bare bones of the new airport security arrangements.

On its website, the no-free-frills carrier displayed a picture of nudists with their shed clothes lying at their feet.

Accompanying the image is a caption reading: “New airport security procedures. Puts the fun back into flying, doesn’t it?”

The image can be accessed by clicking on “new airport security restrictions” on Ryanair’s homepage.

A Ryanair spokeswoman said: “This is just a bit of fun. At the end of the day we just want things to return to normal at airports.”

Ryanair’s chief executive, Michael O’Leary, has been among the most vociferous opponents of the new security measures, dubbing them “insane and farcical”.

He has issued the UK government with an ultimatum to ease the restrictions by Thursday or face being sued by Ryanair. The UK Department for Transport has said it has no plans to alter the present restrictions.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/08/22/story273333.html

planesarecool

Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:49 am

Quoting MRURUN (Reply 26):
I have a flight cancelled in BVA and was offered one THREE days later. Your point?

My point being that what you said wasn't strictly true. If a flight gets cancelled, they don't just dump you there and expect you to find your own way home. In my case, i was offered a flight a few hours later, or, if i prefered, a full refund.

PlaneHunter

Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:16 am

Which is why in a recent large survey of 20,000 FR customers 29.22% thought the friendliness of staff at check-in was excellent; 53.53% as good; 14.74% as average; 2.15% as poor; and 1.36% as very poor. Evidently, more customers thought its friendliness was excellent than average, poor and very poor combined.

I'd be interested in the details of that survey. Which passengers were asked? Where? When? I have seen many surveys and many of them weren't even close to being representative.

Indeed, 23.22% thought FR's in-flight professionalism was excellent; 55.63% as good;

What could qualify for "inflight professionalism" on FR? The one who doesn't do anything can hardly do anything wrong...

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 21):
FR is more profitable.

FR is Europe's largest LCC - it carries more customers and will continue to do so (target is 100m by 2012, although it will probably be higher)

FR is on course to become Europe's largest consumer growth company.

FR is Europe's number-one pan-European LCC.

FR is expected to have at least 413 738s by 2014 - if all options are excerised and if all firm orders are delivered. (It is expected that FR will order even more, thereby meaning it'll continue to grow by about 20% until the end of the decade. Moreover, some of its 738s from an earlier order haven't yet been delivered.)

FR is on its way to becoming Europe's largest e-tailer.

And on.

As I passenger seeking for the best product I couldn't care less about all that. Would I buy a VW Golf just because it's the best selling car? Definitely not.

Yes. But you have forgot that FR is very well-known for its punctuality and the fact that it loses very few bags (0.5 per 1,000).

Not a big deal, considering they don't offer any connections and fly from many tiny airfields where it's really difficult to lose luggage.

You ignore the fact that nearly 84% of its customers have flown with them before - testament to their happiness and also the fact that it retains them.

What about other airlines in comparison?

PH
Nothing's worse than flying the same reg twice!

MRURUN

Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:34 am

Pearson has used two figures for those of repeat customers. 84% as above and 83% as in the thread linked here

Neither of which is listed in the most likely of the Davy documents, as I've linked therein.

I'm off to investigate the other stockbroker/investment research incase he directed me to the wrong company.
In the case of the DAVY report as linked in the above threa, there is no number of repondents, and it was conducted in 2005 on the RYANAIR WEBSITE. As for baggage, the point above is very valid in terms of small airfields, and more recently, the imposition of the charge for checking in bags with FR.

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 28):
If a flight gets cancelled, they don't just dump you there

THREE DAYS. I do work AND was doing my Masters at the time. I dont know many people who could afford three days extra off from work? I always leave a day even for city breaks, but to have nothing for three days, or to route an aircraft DUB-BVA or to offer the discombobulated pax a BVA-STN-DUB routing is tantamount to being dumped. I've known BA pax to have a one night delay in JFK to accuse that carrier of dumping them. No hotel either and did I get my replacement flight refunded....did I hell!! There is no point in taking a refund at the airport, becuase you can hardly use it to purchase an FR flight to another destination can you, there are very simple fare structures for walk-up fares....the HIGHEST!

kazzie

Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:05 am

The cabin Crew are not like this, the pilots on the other hand...

Rugby Scrum to Get on the Aircraft

Hey, we dont tell passengers you push and shove.. if you decide to do that fine.. seq 1-90 is boarded first, FR is not the only airline with Free seating..

No kicks at you Gilesdavies, but try checking-in 189 between 2 people in 2 hours, with no computers, just a name list, pen, paper and stickers, lets see how quickly you (or others) can reduce queue times.

I dont agree with MOL on his latest craze for cash, unfortunately his reputation sets a bad one for everyone who works for or with FR, and we work bloody hard.
Bazinga punk.

Joost

Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:39 am

Quoting Kazzie (Reply 31):
No kicks at you Gilesdavies, but try checking-in 189 between 2 people in 2 hours, with no computers, just a name list, pen, paper and stickers, lets see how quickly you (or others) can reduce queue times.

Is the use of the name list structural?? I only flew Ryanair once untill now (not because I don't like them, but their flights from my region are limited and didn't happen to be my destinations) and I thought they used the paper list because of a computer breakdown.

Isn't it way quicker to use a good passport handscan that can scan a passport in less than 0.2 sec and immediately shows the good data? (apparantly not, but easyJet does seem to work with a computer).

gilesdavies

Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:59 am

Im bailing out and not fuelling the argument anymore...

I only made my comments as an "off the cuff" comment and my previous experience of the airline!

My feelings remain unchanged about FR and feel I always have a far more pleasant experience with other airlines I fly with!

That was no dig at you guys that check the passengers in, but the airline for been cheap bastards and too much trouble to use the same systems to check passengers in as every other airline uses at LTN.

planesarecool

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:03 am

Quoting MRURUN (Reply 30):
THREE DAYS. I do work AND was doing my Masters at the time. I dont know many people who could afford three days extra off from work? I always leave a day even for city breaks, but to have nothing for three days, or to route an aircraft DUB-BVA or to offer the discombobulated pax a BVA-STN-DUB routing is tantamount to being dumped. I've known BA pax to have a one night delay in JFK to accuse that carrier of dumping them. No hotel either and did I get my replacement flight refunded....did I hell!! There is no point in taking a refund at the airport, becuase you can hardly use it to purchase an FR flight to another destination can you, there are very simple fare structures for walk-up fares....the HIGHEST!

Great, so you had a bad experience of a cancellation, and I had a good one, so what does that proove? According to what you said in post 23, whenever a flight is cancelled, they just dump you and forget about you - well that's not what happened to me.

there is no number of repondents,

It says there were respodants from around 20,000 people. That's a pretty good sample.

and it was conducted in 2005 on the RYANAIR WEBSITE.

What's your point? Where do you suggest they conduct it, on the easyJet website?

cityjet

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:10 am

Ryanair are great if it is a quick trip across somewhere where there are other possibilities if things go wrong .If they cancel and you are stuck e.g. Morocco, you need to shell out a lot of money to get home

A340600

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:26 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 16):
Again, ignore the facts - continue with your myths. Says a lot about you.

Not really, my dislike of FR says nothing about me as a person.

No. That is testament to the fact they love cheap fares, nothing to do with the service. How many flyers pick FR for the service?

Quoting PlaneHunter (Reply 29):
I'd be interested in the details of that survey. Which passengers were asked? Where? When? I have seen many surveys and many of them weren't even close to being representative.

Exactly.

The cabin Crew are not like this, the pilots on the other hand...

How many times have you flown FR?

Hey, we dont tell passengers you push and shove.. if you decide to do that fine.. seq 1-90 is boarded first, FR is not the only airline with Free seating..

I'm glad you guys at LTN do it. FR may not be the only airline with free seating but at least others often enforce their boarding rules, with Ryanair this has not been the case during my flights.

This is also proving another point, FR show little care for customer satisfaction. They open two desks per flight mostly and have a slow manual system because they're too cheap to pay for any more.

I've said all I want to about this airline in the following, if you've got a sense of humour bypass it's probably best to avoid it, it's incredibly one sided Wink:
Ryanair Report (by A340600 Aug 20 2006 in Trip Reports)

Cheers,

Sam Smile
Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

Joost

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:42 am

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 34):
What's your point? Where do you suggest they conduct it, on the easyJet website?

On board of the airplane, or at the arrivals hall of a selection of airports (let's say DUB, STN, GRO) would, in my opinion, give more accurate results.

Quoting A340600 (Reply 36):
I'm glad you guys at LTN do it. FR may not be the only airline with free seating but at least others often enforce their boarding rules, with Ryanair this has not been the case during my flights.

It's not always within the airline's control. As soon as the airport operator uses busses to bring pax to the airplane, the whole numbering system get useless. My resent experience with FR and easyJet:

FR@NRN: rules enforced. Walk to the plane.
FR @CIA: rules enforced. 2 busses waiting at the tamrac, didn't leave before all 180 pax were boarded. People who got last on the bus had the best seats. Not FR's fault.

U2@PMO: very strict enforcement of groups. People who walked too fast in the queues were literally held apart and sent last to the... bus! 2 busses left when full, no control in seats.

U2@MXP: rules enforced, not very strict. Walk to the plane.

U2@DTM: strict enforcement and airport lay-out adapted to it. Vey good. Walk to the plane.

U2@BUD: one attempt to enforce. didn't wok.

U2@AMS (not H-pier): no enforcement at all.

So: it's not totally in the airline's control.

The time I flew with Ryanair I found the cabin crew okay. They did their job: safety demonstration and bring around drinks. Nothing special, but no different from easyJet or SAS. Nothing ordinary. However, when I flew KLM recently (AMS-MXP) I had the impression that the f/a's there had greater joy in doing their job. (good for them, but I don't pay more for that).

XXXX10

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:53 am

FWIW

The picture was shot in Newcastle a part of a video art exhibit for the Baltic Gallery-they must have found a warm morning, pretty rare for NCL

The Fr argument is becoming a bit circular, there are those that are happy to endure the no frills service in exchange for a cheap ticket, if there were not they wouldn't carrying so many passengers.

If you want a better service then no problem FR isn't for you, there are legacy carriers some with business class (there is no short hall first class products-porobably because there is no demand)

For the ultimate customer service there are private jets -the best way to avoid the check-in queue.

It's a free society you pay your money, you take your choice.

MRURUN

Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:30 am

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 34):

You want more than one example. Last Xmas flying DUB-NCL. Flight canx and offered one TWO Days later.

STN-SNN...canx...offered STN-ORK with no ground transportation. Do you want some more? I've only taken six flights with them, can you guess my estimation of them?

So lets convert this into a Ryanair style research. "MRURUN conducted research from around 2 passengers* who had flown on FR on his** website. MRURUN website is known to be one that questions the longterm economic validity of FR and has bad experiences of that airline. MRURUN research of around 2* people revealed that FR were an unreliable airline which had no customer service.

Conclusion-The Research pool of AROUND 2* passengers conducted by MRURUN on his biased website has proven that FR are not satisfactory to fly with."

Now, PLANESARECOOL, do you get my meaning, they have conducted research on their OWN website, do you think the respondents on there will be looking to buy tix with Maxjet? Of course not! Thats why I asked the very RELEVANT question of how many people are repeat pax. Also I would love to have done academic research stating, "well, I researched around 100 peoples views", I would have been dumped on from a height, I want precise numbers of who responded to the questionaire, over what period etc. None of these are provided. Its very unprofessional and the fact that they have done their own as opposed to getting MORI or similar to conduct it is interesting.

*Actual number 1
**Website does not exist.

RayPettit

Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:19 am

Is there any truth in the rumour that FR passengers will in future have to pay extra to travel clothed because of the extra weight and fuel consumption?  Wink

planesarecool

Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:17 am

Quoting MRURUN (Reply 39):
they have conducted research on their OWN website,

And where do you think people go to complain about a bad flight with FR?

Quoting Joost (Reply 37):
or at the arrivals hall of a selection of airports

Maybe, but once you've got off a flight, your average person would probably want to get home or to their destination as quick as possible. An online survey would be more convenient, as it is likely the person taking it will have more time.

Quoting MRURUN (Reply 39):
Its very unprofessional and the fact that they have done their own as opposed to getting MORI or similar to conduct it is interesting.

The fact that Ryanair are one of the most successful airlines today, with profits and passengers increasing, speaks for itself. Face it, if people didn't like FR, then they wouldn't have 100+ aircraft with 200+ more on order.

They open two desks per flight mostly and have a slow manual system because they're too cheap to pay for any more.

Two desks? Well that's one more than i had at Malaga for my GT flight back to Gatwick - and the option of online check in wasn't even available for that, as it is for most FR flights, which open 2 desks.

No. That is testament to the fact they love cheap fares, nothing to do with the service. How many flyers pick FR for the service?

How many people pick BA over FR for service? I wouldn't pay £30 extra for an All Day Deli sandwich and the 'priviledge' of using an airbridge. And not all passengers flying FR expect a full first class product, when they only pay £25 for a return flight, and if they fly BA expecting to get pampered and served a 3 course meal on china plates, they're going to be dissapointed.

In fact, one of my travelling companions to Malaga said after the return flight, "How was that different to easyJet or Ryanair?" Well how was it different? We had one desk open for 150 odd holiday makers, all with suitcases. We get to the desk, and our party of 7 is allocated seats 5A/B, 11A/B/C and 26A/B - and we were some of the first to check in. Once at the gate, there was no order in boarding, just one big queue, which had almost merged with the Heathrow flight, so nobody knew which queue was which. We went down the ramp onto a bus, where we were squashed in - only two buses for this flight (similar to Ryanair). Once at the aircraft, the bus doors opened and everybody scrammed for the stairs, despite already having allocated seats. A 90 year old woman was almost knocked over walking up the stairs because people were in such a hurry to get onboard. We get onboard, find our seats - exactly the same legroom as FR and EZY. Time for the safety demo, the girl in front of us looked as if she didn't know what she was doing. So we take off, and the trolley comes around for the service which we paid extra for. I ask for a coke and a water, i get one small can off coke, and one cup of water, which was gulped in one mouthful. I then get my 'meal' - two small sandwiches, with different fillings. One tasted like crap and the other was just overloaded with lettuce. For the duration of the flight, no more drinks were offered, and we landed at Gatwick on time, only to get to the baggage claim and wait 20 minutes for our luggage.

So what would we have got with FR (if they operated the route of course) -

Check in: Well you can't have less than one desk, so it can only be as good or better
Boarding: Ryanair often use the gates at Malaga, but even so, the process would have been similar.
Seating: On BA we had 3 different rows, one at the front, one in the middle and one towards the back. At FR we could have probably sat together.
Service: No sandwich or 150ml can of coke, but there were plenty of shops at AGP to by food or drink for the flight.
Price: We paid £130 for our flights, 10 months in advance. When they first came out, flights from Dublin-Malaga on Ryanair were around 52 euros return (around £35), so if they did fly STN-AGP it would be safe to guess that the price would be similar. Or, if you like, EZY from London to Malaga were £48 return when they first came out. So we paid £80 extra for what? To be seated in different areas across the aircraft and for a sandwich and a 150ml can of coke?

I have nothing against BA, and i hate to moan, but when you really think about it, the service levels between FR and BA really aren't that different.

Pe@rson

Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:49 pm

Pearson has used two figures for those of repeat customers. 84% as above and 83% as in the thread linked here

LOL. The figure is 83.17%. I rounded as appropriate.

Neither of which is listed in the most likely of the Davy documents, as I've linked therein.

Really? It is where I am reading it from. You really need to improve your research skills.

For people like you with an inability to research, Ryanair has links on its website to several different independent reports on it. Don't you know how to reach its website? OK, I'll provide a link for you. http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about...page=Invest&sec=atreports&cov=davy

No doubt you - someone with very limited knowledge - will now argue against industry analysts and experts based on your own biased opinions.

Now, who shall I believe? An obviously very biased person with very limited knowledge - you - or an industry analyst and expert? My, what a difficult decision.

[Edited 2006-08-23 13:01:21]

StarGoldLHR

Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:56 pm

I remember a few years ago seeing a bit of humour on United's website.

I inadvertently entered a return date which was behind my outbound travel date..

the website gave me a message saying...

You are attempting Time Travel.
Time travel is not a service currently available with this airline.

Please register with United for notification when this service will be available.

Click the back button to reenter travel dates

Dr Spock.

I have still got the print out today !
So far in 2008 45 flights and Gold already. JFK, IAD, LGA, SIN, HKG, NRT, AKL, PPT, LAX still to book ! Home Airport LCY