surrenr

Low-fare Carriers In Taipei

Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:08 am

Does anyone know when we will get some Asian low-cost airlines in Taipei?

Ryanair!!!

RE: Low-fare Carriers In Taipei

Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:38 am

Jestar Asia flies there from Singapore. Is that low cost enough for you?
Welcome to my starry one world alliance, a team in the sky!

scouse

Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:10 pm

Two years ago I flew from Taipei to Kaoushuing on Trans Asia airlines for $ 55 one way. I think they are Asian and that is low cost. Good service, on time and a nice Airbus 320.
Love to fly

surrenr

Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:59 pm

Well Jeststar Asia only flies to Singapore. Transasia is a domestic carrier. I was hoping that we would get some international low-cost carries flying to various destinations in Asia.

vincewy

Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:36 pm

Quoting Surrenr (Reply 3):
Well Jeststar Asia only flies to Singapore. Transasia is a domestic carrier. I was hoping that we would get some international low-cost carries flying to various destinations in Asia.

Beware, going TPE-SIN-TPE, you arrive SIN near midnight, leave SIN in the morning, it's only once a day. If you check with local travel agents, you can find a lot of low fares from SQ,CX, MH, and TG during low season, many travel agents have to buy certain amount of tickets from airlines during low season so they can get favorable amount of tickets (and fares) during holidays. Most travel agents will need to sell these tickets, even at loss during low season to maintain favorable status among airlines.

Sorry, I don't know what's all the hype about LCCs, no foods/drinks, poor scheduling, mad dash toward gates, no accountability for lost/damaged luggage, cramped seating's, marginal savings on fares, sure, for many smaller cities it'll allow a lot more people to fly, but for the major gateways in Asia, leave the way it is right now. In fact, passengers in newly industrialized states in Asia don't necessarily want the lowest fares, but best values. KA took foods away from HKG-TPE and HKG-KHH flights for a while and later they had to bring them back.