N174UA
Topic Author

US Airways At SEA: Left The North Satellite?

Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:23 am

In past flights on UA in the early morning, I've always seen the flight to PHL parked at N10.

Well, the past few days I've noticed it leaves from A3 now, and I just printed my boarding pass for #782 tomorrow to PHL, and sure enough, it shows A3.

Is this because of the HP/US merger? UA and US are Star Alliance partners, which is why US moved over to N in the first place. When did this move take place?

Thanks!

thepilot

RE: US Airways At SEA: Left The North Satellite?

Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:47 am

The move occured when the HP/US merger happened, as HP operated out of the A concourse. They have three gates there (I think). To my knowledge, this has been going on for over a year.
From YVR

N174UA
Topic Author

Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:08 am

Quoting Thepilot (Reply 1):
The move occured when the HP/US merger happened, as HP operated out of the A concourse. They have three gates there (I think). To my knowledge, this has been going on for over a year.

Thanks! My UA Mileage Plus number still appears on the ticket, so I'll be getting the miles for my trip. Will be interesting to see if US/HP stays with UA in any future industry consolidation. For now, I get to add 13,000 miles to my account for my flight to FCO and back.

atct

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:54 am

Yea that would make sense. When I flew US PIT-SEA a few years back (3?) I flew into the Satelite. Last time I was there I didn't see them at the Satelite but rather on the "mainland". (This was back when US flew 75's and 321's PIT-SEA...lol)

ATCT
Trikes are for kids!

CentPIT

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:58 am

Quoting ATCT (Reply 3):
When I flew US PIT-SEA a few years back (3?) I flew

Last year, I flew PIT-SEA and arrived at an N gate. This was an A321!

I am just happy PIT-SEA is operated at all. I do however think it should be year round.
Pittsburgh International: US Airways---160 daily departures! (52 destinations)

Stitch

Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:15 am

US has moved to the A Concourse (A2-A4) and their ticket counter is now towards the middle of the Main Terminal, as opposed to next to UA. It's a little inconvenient for lounge access (I'm an RCC member), since there is no Star Alliance lounge in the main terminal, just the North (UA) and South (SK) satellites.