Yellowstone
Topic Author

Flying On New Year's Eve

Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:40 am

This year, on the night of New Year's Eve, I will be flying from SJC to BOS via LAX. The LAX-BOS leg leaves at 11:00 pm on Dec. 31 and arrives at around 7:00 am on Jan. 1, so I'll be airborne when midnight rolls around. I was wondering if any other a.netters have been in the same situation, and if so did the crew do anything to celebrate the event? Free champagne in 1st, perhaps?  Smile
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

TransWorldSTL

RE: Flying On New Year's Eve

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:34 am

This was discussed a year or two ago in the forums, and if I remember correctly, it kinda just depends on what crew you have... Crabby crew, probably nothing special... Awesome crew, maybe a minor celebration??

fbgdavidson

RE: Flying On New Year's Eve

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:45 am

Quoting Yellowstone (Thread starter):
Free champagne in 1st, perhaps?  

Err champagne is free in First regardless of the time of year/day of the week/weather  Wink

I've not been in the air when New Year strikes but have been when Xmas strikes. Left IAD on Xmas Eve and flew overnight arriving in London on Xmas Day. Completely normal flight with the exception of a few Xmas presents in the lounge and the pre-flight dining included turkey and cranberry. I guess Xmas is one of those things the airlines have to tread carefully now with, don't want to offend anyone  Yeah sure
RIC-IAD-LHR:UA/BA Club World Sleeper Service (Pics) (by Fbgdavidson Dec 27 2005 in Trip Reports)
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos