samair

European Air Charter What Is Happening

Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:11 pm

hello
European air charter what is happening??
I never seem to know where this airline is, Ive heard that they are selling all (bar 3) of there aircraft is this true?? how will this effect pamlair??
thanks sam.
the captain has now dimmed the lights for take off this is a routine procedure for flights during the hours of darkness!

Embajador3

RE: European Air Charter What Is Happening

Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:23 pm

I met many flight attendants that used to work for EAC, based at BOH. Their job were made redundant, aparently, because the airline had to cease operations. However, i still see EAC 732's arriving and departing from London-STN, on charter flights. On their website, they have many aircraft for sale, don't know if thats all their fleet.

Hope it helps
Flying Together

dogfighter2111

Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:42 pm

Yeh, there was an EAC B732 flying out of MAN last week. So I assume they are still running a few ops. Are you sure it isn't their B742's and BAC-1-11's they had to sell?

Thanks
Mike

cumulus

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:31 pm

The two leased to Palmair are still running.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Maciek Majewski

What Goes Up Must Come Down, Hopefully In One Piece!

bmibaby737

Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:56 am

Hi,

European Aircharter is still in operation and this year have acquired four new aircraft consisting of two BaE 146's and Two ex-Westjet 737-200s.

One of those Westjet machines is now being scrapped to offer spares for the rest of the fleet, it's engines have recently been put on G-CEAH as they are more fuel efficient and quieter.

The 737 fleet is up for sale but until they are brought they will remain in action.

The Boeing 747's have been taken out of service. G-BDXE & XF were the last two to remain flying but have now been taken to Kemble for storage. XG & XH are sat at Bournemouth wingless awaiting to be scrapped. XJ was sold, and XO scrapped at Amsterdam.

Some of the European 737-200's have been sent out to Ozjet, that includes G-GPFI(Now VH-OZQ), G-CEAD (Now VH-OBN), G-CEAI (Now VH-OZU). G-CEAJ was pulled back from Australia to Bournemouth (UK) and since has been operating in full Ozjet colours but on EAL flights.

So the fleet is as follows:

Boeing 747-200
G-BDXE - Stored, Kemble
G-BDXF - Stored, Kemble
G-BDXG - Scrapping, Bournemouth
G-BDXH - Scrapping, Bournemouth
G-BDXJ - Sold, Manston
G-BDXO - Scrapped, Amsterdam

Boeing 737-200
G-CEAC - Palmair Flights, Bournemouth
G-CEAD - Transferred to Ozjet (VH-OBN)
G-CEAE - Flying, Bournemouth
G-CEAF - Flying, Bournemouth
G-CEAG - Stored, Bournemouth
G-CEAH - Flying, Bournemouth
G-CEAI - Transfered to Ozjet (VH-OZU)
G-CEAJ - Flying, Bournemouth (Ozjet Livery)
G-FIGP - Stored, Bournemouth
G-GPFI - Transfered to Ozjet (VH-OZQ)
N748AP - Stored, up for sale
N752AP - Scrapping, Bournemouth

BaE 146-300
N9086L - Stored, up for Sale
N9070L - Stored, up for Sale

The airlines new website can be found here: http://www.eaac.co.uk/

BmiBaby737

[Edited 2006-08-27 17:58:01]

cardiffairtaxi

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:06 am

Quoting Embajador3 (Reply 1):
I met many flight attendants that used to work for EAC, based at BOH. Their job were made redundant, aparently, because the airline had to cease operations. However, i still see EAC 732's arriving and departing from London-STN, on charter flights. On their website, they have many aircraft for sale, don't know if thats all their fleet.

Hope it helps

I also saw a EAC 737-2 at BRS about 2 weeks ago.
Still very noisy and smokey!

Humberside

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:06 am

Just a couple of questions

The BAe 146's - were they just bought to be sold on again (with European acting as a 'dealer')?
Is European's only base BOH now?
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum