ERJ170
Topic Author

JetBlue At RDU

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:36 am

Any updates? How are the flights going? Still any running rumors about MCO being added?

Just wondering how things were going..

Thanks a bunch..
Aiming High and going far..

jetblueatjfk

RE: JetBlue At RDU

Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:47 pm

Well by the looks of it, seems to be doing very well. CLT probbaly comes out just above them but not to far behind is RDU. I have seen many RDU flight boarding at JFK recently the lines look like around 100 people and by doing a quick count I was not far off at all. Hopefully though they can expand RDU and maybe some other and get a nice little prescense somewhere where they lacked service to.

B6jfk airplane 

akjetBlue

Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:12 pm

RDU loads to and from are doing great. Better than I would have guessed. CLT loads however are amazing.

There are rumors to more flights from CLT and RDU to other cities, but alas untill announced they are just rumors.
Save a horse! Ride a Cowboy!

ERJ170
Topic Author

Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:53 pm

I would like to see these 3 added to RDU besides JFK and BOS..

IAD, FLL, OAK.. that would be great.. really.. but I digress..

Anyway.. that is excellent to hear.. B6 really has plenty of growth opportunities because most carriers at RDU have decreased service and people are finding it very difficult to find flights, and thus the numbers for RDU are decreasing.. but if B6 bring in destinations, they will be used. It's just too many people flying and not enough seats.

jetblueatjfk

Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:50 am

Quoting ERJ170 (Reply 3):
IAD, FLL, OAK.. that would be great.. really.. but I digress..

Well I can see IAD for sure, FLL if their is gate space and they are at the point where they can add some flights into FLL but at odd times, which usually means additional frequencies on existing routes, so if they try and get RDU-FLL up it will do well but my alternative to FLL is RDU-MCO for B6. I don't know if WN is on that or not but that shouldn't matter, some routes B6 and WN should do some competing but they are avoiding it. RDU-OAK seems like a good one but B6 is focusing on short haul routes so I guess not now. I want to see RDU-IAD, RDU-FLL, RDU-MCO, RDU-TPA or RSW and maybe RDU-BUF later on since it won't be a big route. They could just make it like a repositioning flight. Like have a 190 do JFK-BUF then BUF-RDU to then go do a RDU-Florida route.

B6jfk airplane 

ERJ170
Topic Author

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:22 am

They all sound good to me.. but another good look is at those unserved routes.. DEN (ave fare = $300), MSY (ave fare = $217), BUF (ave fare = $173), OAK (ave fare $335)..