ExRUAgentatDAL
Topic Author

Working For FL At IAD

Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:06 pm

Well....B6 kept giving me the run around about my status, so I accepted a job with AirTran at IAD. I am currently sitting in a hotel at ATL attending training until Saturday at the FL training center. Today we had our Corporate Orientation and there was about 90 people attending, and they have been having the same crowds every Monday for the past month. So from what I can see... FL is/should be growing alot more soon.

So if you fly FL in or out of IAD after 1230 I should be around.

Chris
"The views expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of AirTran Airways"

FL1TPA

RE: Working For FL At IAD

Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:09 pm

Welcome Aboard Chris!

Yep, FL is growing and growing. I'm 4 1/2 years in for FL, 6 years and 8 months altogether in this biz. It gets in your blood - I still love it. I honestly can't think of a time I won't be working for an airline in some capacity. I hope your experience is just as rewarding.

P.S. I looove your signature line:"The views expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of AirTran Airways" LOL! I see you've been reading your Crew Member Handbook.

See ya at the gate!

FL1TPA
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin' glue."

OttoPylit

RE: Working For FL At IAD

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:46 pm

Quoting ExRUAgentatDAL (Thread starter):
Today we had our Corporate Orientation and there was about 90 people attending, and they have been having the same crowds every Monday for the past month. So from what I can see... FL is/should be growing alot more soon.

Its called employee turnover. Its apparently a pretty popular practice for FL to keep costs down and low. Seems to work.

Quoting FL1TPA (Reply 1):
I see you've been reading your Crew Member Handbook.

LOL I've always loved that term for FL, "crewmember." Apparently employee doesn't sound special enough, and they feel the need to copycat the airline who coined the term for its employees, Jetblue.

Good luck at FL if you should choose to stay. Personally, I would aim higher. silly 

OttoPylit
I don't have a microwave, but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks shit.