Revelation
Topic Author

Airbus Hiring Freeze "Until Further Notice"

Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:15 pm

I was reading this Bloomberg article about Charles Champion (finally?) getting put into the penalty box, and it mentioned that Airbus has imposed a hiring freeze. This article says that the freeze is until further notice. It also says that it's not unusual for a new director to impose a hiring freeze. I think that's pure spin. For instance, Boeing when from Condit to Stonecipher to Bell to McNerney and I do not recall any hiring freezes associated with those transitions. I think Streiff has been on-board long enough to do a review of staffing, and doesn't like what he sees. Sorry to those of you trying to get a job at Airbus, it seems your plans will have to be put on hold for a while.
Inspiration, move me brightly! Light the song with sense and color.
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at last.
Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to Terrapin!

Lumberton

RE: Airbus Hiring Freeze "Until Further Notice"

Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:28 pm

It appears that the influence of Mr. Christian Streiff is making itself felt. He appears to be a very deliberate and focused individual indeed. I wouldn't infer anything untoward from this--quite the contrary! "Business as usual" at Airbus won't be business as usual anymore.
"When all is said and done, more will be said than done".

roseflyer

RE: Airbus Hiring Freeze "Until Further Notice"

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:18 am

Don't forget that a hiring freeze doesn't necessarily mean that the company will stop taking new employees. In engineering especially, there are needs that come up and a company on a hiring freeze will still need people with specific skills. It is also possible to subvert hiring freezes by hiring through contractors, which is common place in the United States.

I'll take this as a sign that they are doing some reorganization. The article says that there is some disorganization and that they are working to evaluate the situation.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!