WINGS
Topic Author

Tap Portugal Sells Stake In White To Omni

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:26 am

Tap Portugal and OMNI have reached an agreement for the sale of Taps's 75,5%. The deal is valued at 6.5 Million Euros.

Hopefully with OMNI taking control of White they will manage to bring White's finances into the black for once.

Sorry folks only in Portuguese.
http://diarioeconomico.sapo.pt/edici...empresas/pt/desarrollo/685565.html

Aviação 2006-09-05 16:27
TAP vende White à Omni por 6,5 milhões de euros
A TAP chegou a acordo com a Omni para a venda da companhia ‘charter’ White. Uma transacção avaliada em 6,5 milhões de euros que permitirá transportadora nacional libertar-se dos prejuízos acumulados pela White nos últimos anos e que continuam a afectar o balanço consolidado das contas da TAP.

Regards,
Wings
Aviation Is A Passion.

tiago701

RE: Tap Portugal Sells Stake In White To Omni

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:26 am

That's good news.

TP should sell everything that is not part of its core business or strategic to its operations.

Not a very high price, but i don't know what White owns or not.

A388

Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:24 am

Quoting WINGS (Thread starter):
Hopefully with OMNI taking control of White they will manage to bring White's finances into the black for once.

I think you mean that OMNI will manage to bring White's finances OUT of the black. I wasn't aware White was performing poorly financially speaking. I hope they will indeed turn around with OMNI now taking over control. White only operates one aircraft (A310-300) right? Good luck to White!  Smile

A388

strangelesi

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:21 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 2):

Quoting A388 (Reply 2):
only operates one aircraft (A310-300) right?

Hi!

White operates an Airbus A310-304 and a Lockheed L-1011-385-3 TriStar 500.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © H. Meier

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Krzysztof Skowronski

The A310 will stay with OMNI, and the Lockeed will be for TAP. TAP is going to sell the Lockheed and has already some proposals.

WINGS
Topic Author

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:45 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 2):

I think you mean that OMNI will manage to bring White's finances OUT of the black.

Hi A388,

I think that you mixing it all up. White's finances are currently in the Red. Which means that they are loosing money. If OMNI manages to get White's finances back on the black then that means that they are turning a profit.  Smile

Quoting StrangeLESI (Reply 3):

The A310 will stay with OMNI, and the Lockheed will be for TAP. TAP is going to sell the Lockheed and has already some proposals.

Hi, StrangeLESI,

According to Jornal De Negocios, The Lockheed is currently being leased. Do you have some information that contradicts this?

http://negocios.pt/default.asp?CpContentId=281667

O acordo estabelece que a TAP ficar com o Lockheed que esta em regime de leasing, para futura alienacao, enquanto a OMNI passa a deter o A310. Os referidos avioes faziam parte da frota da White.

Regards,
Wings
Aviation Is A Passion.

hardiwv

Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:17 pm

In my view, TAP's decision to sell its stake in White is because they need the cash to buy Portugalia, which would fit better in TAP's "core business" strategy.

Rgs,

tiago701

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:50 pm

Quoting Hardiwv (Reply 5):
In my view, TAP's decision to sell its stake in White is because they need the cash to buy Portugalia, which would fit better in TAP's "core business" strategy.

I don't think that 5 million (according to TP's and OMNI's press release) will make a big difference in a deal of more than 100 million (to buy NI) but i agree with you on the consolidation of their strategy.

strangelesi

Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:46 pm

Quoting WINGS (Reply 4):
According to Jornal De Negocios, The Lockheed is currently being leased. Do you have some information that contradicts this?

Hi WINGS,

I know what i've heard in TVI this morning (I swear that it was my mom that was seeing, and i know thay make lots of mistakes).

They said that the Lokheed was going to TAP, and TAP had already some proposals from possible buyers! They din't mentioned that the plane was beeing leased.

Regards A. Pinto

A388

Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:30 am

Quoting WINGS (Reply 4):
Hi A388,

I think that you mixing it all up. White's finances are currently in the Red. Which means that they are loosing money. If OMNI manages to get White's finances back on the black then that means that they are turning a profit.

Hi WINGS, I stand corrected. I misread it than. Usually you get a company out of the black which means you make the company profitable. When you're in the black, as the word already implies, you are getting bad financial results. But like you said it, it is the same. So my apologies my friend.

A bit off topic, but we had a charterflight from LIS/FNC to CUR and it was operated by TP. When I called the TP agent here they informed me there was only ONE flight to CUR which surprised me. So I was hoping to see White operate the other flights but there hasn't been another Portuguese flight here since...  Sad If you know more about charterflights to CUR from Portugal, please let me know.

Regards,

A388

Buyantukhaa

Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:12 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 8):
Usually you get a company out of the black which means you make the company profitable. When you're in the black, as the word already implies, you are getting bad financial results.

It's actually not like that in English (or the other languages I know). When you're "in the red" you loose money, and "in the black" you make profit. Reason being that losses were supposed to be written in red ink to stand out more, whereas the rest would be written in regular black.
I scratch my head, therefore I am.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos