sfotraveler

Delta Domestic Business Class?

Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:53 am

When researching fares for a trip back east on the Delta website I noticed a number of flights to Cincinnati and Atlanta from SFO with fares in the front cabin designated "business class" along with some flights that show first class. I initially thought these were international configuration planes but seat diagram shows standard 757 and 767 domestic first layouts. Does anybody know what this is?

DeltaSFO

RE: Delta Domestic Business Class?

Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:06 am

Flight numbers which continue on to international destinations--some with a change of equipment, some without.

For example:

DL74 LAX-ATL with a domestic 763, ATL-MXP 767ER
DL255 EWR-ATL-MEX all on a 738.

[Edited 2006-09-07 02:09:47]
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.

B4REAL

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:26 pm

DeltaSFO puts it out right.

Sometimes it is simply the equipment - the occasional DL 777 running ATL-LAX-ATL, the (now very rare) 763-Int'l cabin config popping up on the domestic route system. These can cause J/D/C/I cabin availability.

Continuing service also, DL300 CVG-ATL-CCS B738. That same 738 may also do ATL-LGA as F/Y.

However, if you are reaching into the depths of your memory for "BusinessElite US" where DL had JFK-LAX on 763 with the BusinessElite service for premium routes, that has long been removed.
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds

deltagator

Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:11 pm

Quoting B4real (Reply 2):
However, if you are reaching into the depths of your memory for "BusinessElite US" where DL had JFK-LAX on 763 with the BusinessElite service for premium routes, that has long been removed.

Those were the days. IIRC the routes included JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, ATL-CVG, ATL-PDX (continued on to Narita), and quite a few of the ATL-MCO routes with the 763ER, 777, and MD-11.

I could be wrong on these next few but I swear there was ATL-LAX and the LAX/SFo-BOS routes as well.

[Edited 2006-09-07 06:12:45]
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

B4REAL

Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:19 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 3):
Those were the days. IIRC the routes included JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, ATL-CVG, ATL-PDX (continued on to Narita), and quite a few of the ATL-MCO routes with the 763ER, 777, and MD-11.

I could be wrong on these next few but I swear there was ATL-LAX and the LAX/SFo-BOS routes as well.

Yes, they were the days.

You are right where the 763s, MD-11s, and 777s, flew; however the product "BusinessElite US" was only the JFK-LAX/SFO and mabye a try at BOS-LAX - can't quite remember.... Really the only difference was the catering - the menus and the food options. Domestic F is really what would have been the product on LAX-ATL if on a BizElite cabin config.

You know, DL is smart. When they can, they will add amenities and service items to the customers if the economics permit or if it will make them money.

We all know the widget is the best service in the sky, and as the situation improves, we'll once again have great things to talk about.

However, I've had 3 trips recently to CCS - ATL-CCS with some going CVG-ATL-CCS. I've got my upgrade each time, service outstanding each time, and flights on time each time. Long live the widget.
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos