BAW076
Topic Author

Are Camera's Allowed In Hand Luggage?

Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:40 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering what the current hand luggage situation is regarding flights.

I am flying LHR-JFK on American this coming friday, and am hoping to be able to take my digital camera in the cabin to take pics etc... are we still restricted to do so??

Many thanks in advance,
BAW076
N754AN (x2), G-CPEL, G-MIDE, G-BPEC, G-BZHC, EI-DCH, LN-KKN, G-VIIW, G-BNLT, G-DBCA, G-MEDE, G-DBCE, G-MIDP.

jamotcx

RE: Are Camera's Allowed In Hand Luggage?

Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:45 pm

Only restriction is the small size and no liquids/gels etc etc

Check the BAA website and the airline your flying on. They will have the full details.

Jamo

BAW076
Topic Author

Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:46 pm

Quoting Jamotcx (Reply 1):
Only restriction is the small size and no liquids/gels etc etc

Cheers Jamo...

I best make sure my hair is sorted before I board then!  rotfl 

Chris  wave 
N754AN (x2), G-CPEL, G-MIDE, G-BPEC, G-BZHC, EI-DCH, LN-KKN, G-VIIW, G-BNLT, G-DBCA, G-MEDE, G-DBCE, G-MIDP.

AAFan

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:20 am

Quoting BAW076 (Thread starter):
and am hoping to be able to take my digital camera in the cabin to take pics etc

You will be able to bring your camera on-board, but whether or not the FA's will allow you to take cabin pictures is a toss up. Of course it never hurts to ask.

mhodgson

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:44 am

FWIW, I was taking photos on board a BACON service earlier this week. The crew were aware of this and made no comments.

Of course, I can imagine AA taking a different view, but as has been said, it can't hurt to ask!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

deltagator

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:47 am

Just take your pictures. If they tell you to stop then do so or just explain what you are doing and see if they will let you carry on.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

BigOrange

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:48 am

Quoting Mhodgson (Reply 4):
Of course, I can imagine AA taking a different view, but as has been said, it can't hurt to ask!

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 5):
Just take your pictures. If they tell you to stop then do so or just explain what you are doing and see if they will let you carry on.

IIRC AA has a blanket ban on taking pictures on board aircraft. I'm sure I read somewhere on here a while back that it is stated in the in-flight mag that they don't allow photos on board.

Cadet57

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:52 am

Quoting BigOrange (Reply 6):
IIRC AA has a blanket ban on taking pictures on board aircraft. I'm sure I read somewhere on here a while back that it is stated in the in-flight mag that they don't allow photos on board.

I took cabin pics after landing and they said it was ok, and took some inflight pics as well... Also did a vid of the t/o and landing, F/A said it was fine.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

jsnww81

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:06 pm

Quoting BigOrange (Reply 6):

I believe the language in the inflight magazine refers to inflight service and procedures like the safety briefing... they don't want you snapping pictures while they're working. As others have said, I've photographed out the window plenty of times on American flights without incident. I'll admit the language in the magazine is a bit misleading, though.

ckfred

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:21 pm

I always thought that AA didn't want pictures of procedures or crew. Taking pictures of your family or out the window wasn't an issue, with the possible exception of when the electronics ban is in effect during takeoffs and landings.

rdwootty

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:30 pm

The only thing to remember is
1 item of hand baggage only. NO items in your clothing. So you need a bag that will take your camera and also all your carryon needs including passport and tickets book etc.