nomadic

Why Still No USAirways Mohawk Retro Jet?

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:56 am

I know this may have been touched upon in othere threads but I still don't understand why USAirways has no plans to do a Mohawk Retro Jet. Mohawk was Allegheny's first big merger partner and set them on the road to becoming USAir. IMO Mohawk deserves a retro scheme just as much or even more so than PSA. I will keep looking for a black and gold 'Sky Chief' design but it could be a very long wait.

nomadic :?)

HPRamper

RE: Why Still No USAirways Mohawk Retro Jet?

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:13 am

Because they had to stop somewhere. If they had retro liveries of all the airlines that came together to form US Airways, it would be hard to figure out which one was the main livery.

Ok I'm exaggerating, but we already have:
AWA old
AWA new
Piedmont
Allegheny
PSA

Plus we also have a number of birds in Star Alliance colors.

People have suggested:
Mohawk
Empire
Trump Shuttle
And every former US Air livery of which there are probably as many as there are planes in the fleet.

DILF

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:18 am

OK, OK i know it's not likely that we'll get a Mohawk Heritage-jet, but wouldn't either of these two MO liveries make for a sweet-looking A319?

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Art Brett - Photovation Images

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Bob Garrard

[Edited 2006-09-09 23:21:21]
NO MORE Trip Reports about SQ First Class! Or TG, CX or MH! E-N-O-U-G-H !!

BigOrange

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:54 am

It seems like they are just doing the liveries of the last airlines to merge into US Air/US Airways.

Mohawk merged with Allegheney first and Empire was bought by Piedmont.

I would love to see the Red/White Blue US Air color scheme (the one with the tail stripes).

WesternA318

Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:28 am

Quoting Nomadic (Thread starter):
IMO Mohawk deserves a retro scheme just as much or even more so than PSA.

Umm, wow I want whatyour smoking.

If it wasnt for USAir buying out the internally-raped PSA, US might not havemade it to the west coast for a while longer.
Check out my blog at fl310travel.blogspot.com!

OzarkD9S

Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:39 am

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 4):

Umm, wow I want what your smoking.

If it wasnt for USAir buying out the internally-raped PSA, US might not have made it to the west coast for a while longer.

US was serving the west coast well before the PSA acquisition.

http://us.share.geocities.com/departing1983/us020184.jpg

Perhaps you shouldn't be smoking anything at all.
Next up: STL-OAK-RNO-LAS-ICT-STL

piercey

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:18 pm

Quoting Nomadic (Thread starter):
I know this may have been touched upon in othere threads but I still don't understand why USAirways has no plans to do a Mohawk Retro Jet. Mohawk was Allegheny's first big merger partner and set them on the road to becoming USAir. IMO Mohawk deserves a retro scheme just as much or even more so than PSA. I will keep looking for a black and gold 'Sky Chief' design but it could be a very long wait.

Actually, I was surprised when the HP old came out, because I didn't know they were doing one.

If anything, the previous US c/s will come before Mohawk. I'll actualy venture to guess one of the east metal will stay in the Blue scheme, similar with WN and how they will keep I believe 3 orange planes when all the rest are in Canyon Blue.
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

WesternA318

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:18 pm

Wow, they had a fistful of cities, then they took over PSA, they added a LOT more.

ouboy79

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:27 pm

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 1):
Because they had to stop somewhere. If they had retro liveries of all the airlines that came together to form US Airways, it would be hard to figure out which one was the main livery.

And the old HP had how many special schemes? Yes they all had America West on the plane, much like the heritage jets do, but its obvious there isn't an issue with these unique schemes. I won't even bring up WestPac.  

USAir/US Airways has always been an airline made up of other regionals. Heck, why not get an All American Airways paint scheme?

[Edited 2006-09-10 05:27:51]

We're Nuts

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:30 pm

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 7):
Wow, they had a fistful of cities, then they took over PSA, they added a LOT more.

And dumped them the morning after.
Dear moderators: No.

ouboy79

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:34 pm

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 7):

Just like they did again through this merger - well I should say the outside investors that bought the two and put them together.  Smile

Now just so an announcement doesn't come to move the place below, or the ex-HP folks are in trouble. LOL

The Crystal Palace

F9Animal

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:57 pm

I would be more interested in knowing that they intend on keeping the special schemes on the 757's.

Have they made a decision on this yet?
I Am A Different Animal!!

bohica

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:33 pm

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 1):
And every former US Air livery of which there are probably as many as there are planes in the fleet.

Considering the way the paint chips off all US planes and no two look alike, each one is unique.  Smile

WesternA318

Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:00 pm

THAT was the crystal palace??? good LORD! lol