Avianca
Topic Author

The Future Of Aeropostal?!?

Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:01 am

Hi all,

traveled last week CCS-AUA-CCS with aeropostal and I have to say, Aeropostal is in a very bad shape. Customer-service, inflight-service is horrible + flight delays seems to be normal, both flights were delayed for more than 1 hour and this without given any explanation or reason and this combined with very high fares, payed 500USD + taxes for the flights (each 40 minutes). some colleagues are confirming me that nearly all flights by aeropostal are delayed (they are frequent travellers on aeropostal). If they are not changing I do not see much future for the airline......

regards
avianca
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

LTU932

RE: The Future Of Aeropostal?!?

Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:23 am

What about their venture Alas de Centroamérica, VH's Costa Rica based airline venture? Now there's an airline which doesn't seem to have a certain future.

They got their AOC from Costa Rica's DGAC about a year ago, and all they do at the moment is just let their sole DC-9 roast in the sun at SJO. They were supposed to get at first MD-80s from VH, now they're supposed to get DC-9-50s from Tikal Jets, and recently I heard that Alas de Centroamérica might never even happen, despite them having the required AOC to start flights.

Avianca
Topic Author

RE: The Future Of Aeropostal?!?

Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:28 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 1):
What about their venture Alas de Centroamérica, VH's Costa Rica based airline venture?

to be honest, with the shape of there main business based in Venezuela, I can not imagine that a Alas de Centroamerica airplaine will takeoff...
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia