jmhLUV2fly

DL Seat Spacing Question.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:08 pm

Being a contracted Delta ramp agent an all in PNS, I now have the opportunity to clean both the 757's and MD-88's .
I usually am the one to carpet sweep those lovely birds and in doing so have noticed that is seems the seat rows are much closer together in the 757, even the emergency exit row width seems narrower. On the 88's it seems like there is a good foot or so more room. Perhaps its just my eyes playen tricks on me but I could sware there seems to be a difference. That 57 is a bear to carpet sweep. Last night we had tail 757AT and the First class seats on those former AT birds are some nice, man I could get use to sitting up there really fast, kick back, prop the feet up on those foot rest deals...wheew,
I was in heaven for about 5 minutes, then they had to cut off the power, airplane clean, flight in heaven over.
Anyway, any info on my question would be good.

JMH

1337Delta764

RE: DL Seat Spacing Question.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:05 pm

Quoting Jmhluv2fly (Thread starter):
Being a contracted Delta ramp agent an all in PNS, I now have the opportunity to clean both the 757's and MD-88's .
I usually am the one to carpet sweep those lovely birds and in doing so have noticed that is seems the seat rows are much closer together in the 757, even the emergency exit row width seems narrower. On the 88's it seems like there is a good foot or so more room. Perhaps its just my eyes playen tricks on me but I could sware there seems to be a difference. That 57 is a bear to carpet sweep. Last night we had tail 757AT and the First class seats on those former AT birds are some nice, man I could get use to sitting up there really fast, kick back, prop the feet up on those foot rest deals...wheew,

On the MD-88, I do believe that the side with two seats has a little more room than the side with three. I do know that on the MD-88s, the seats are not perfectly aligned, while those on the 757s are. I personally still prefer the 757, not just because of the IFE, but the cabin interior looks nicer.
The Pink Delta 767-400ER - The most beautiful aircraft in the sky

litz

RE: DL Seat Spacing Question.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:14 am

Also, on the '88, when you go aft from the emergency exits on the 3-seat (left) side, the seats are noticeably tighter ...

Best seats in a '88, assuming you don't make it up front, are forward of the wing, 2 seat side ...

- litz