777ER
Crew
Topic Author

Origin Pacific Closing All Operations

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:53 am

Just heard on the radio and read on QOs web-site that Origin Pacific is closing up all operations after its freight business could not come to a satisfactory terms and conditions with two interested parties.

http://www.originpacific.co.nz/
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net

777ER
Crew
Topic Author

RE: Origin Pacific Closing All Operations

Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:05 pm

Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net

flyjetstar

Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:16 pm

I have been reading a few comments from Mike Pero and some reports of how his relationship was with founder Robert Inglis. I am left wondering whether he was the problem with this airlines all along. Being the founder and all it might have been hard for him to receive input from others who might have had a better idea of where the airline should go. I'm not saying Pero was the one who should have been running the airline but from his comments and the reports I'm left pondering what might have been.

777ER
Crew
Topic Author

Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:29 pm

Quoting Flyjetstar (Reply 2):

When NZ didn't fully own Air Nelson, NZs boss back then apparanrly hated working with Inglis and was glad to not have to work with Inglis when NZ fulled owned Air Nelson
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net

777ER
Crew
Topic Author

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:07 pm

Late Friday afternoon Origin Pacific was placed in receivership with a Christchurch company and closed its HQ doors for the last time. Three of its J31s are now with Air National with new regos and another J31 is in storage at Ardmore in Auckland
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net

NZ560

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:45 pm

Sad to hear. Never got to fly with them but was planning to fly to CHC with them. CHC company is:

Murray G Allott
Chartered Accountant
111 Bealey Avenue
Christchurch

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Steven Mills
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Bob Leask

-OJL RIP Also to the 7 onboard

777ER
Crew
Topic Author

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:00 pm

Quoting NZ560 (Reply 5):
Never got to fly with them but was planning to fly to CHC with them

I got as far as QOs boarding gate at WLG for a flight to AKL via NSN in March, before the flight was cancelled due to a technical problem that happened as the aircraft was flying to WLG. QO originally refused to re-book me on either an NZ or QF flight to AKL but after explaining to them their obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act they re-booked me on QF, two hours after original departure time. I was flying to AKL for an interview for a USA visa at the US consulate
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net

mariner

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:02 pm

I think it is very sad news. But perhaps New Zealand is happier with a monopoly airline.

Quoting Flyjetstar (Reply 2):
I have been reading a few comments from Mike Pero and some reports of how his relationship was with founder Robert Inglis.

Perhaps everyone is wiser after the event?

mariner
aeternum nauta

Airdolomiti

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:21 pm

That's very sad news to hear - I once flew QO from ZQN to CHC on a Dash 8-100, a very pleasant flight with breathtaking views out of the window. I also remember the F/A's humorous take on the safety demo, which was quite funny  Smile

All the best to QO's employees!