airplaneboy

RUMOR: AS To Change Terminals At LAX?

Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:45 pm

I had the opportunity to speak with a couple of agents at LAX from a couple of carriers and was told that AS is planning to move to T-6. This is merely a rumor and unsubstantiated, but I do recall seeing posts regarding AS's desire to move out of T-3. Does anyone have any confirmation of this or whether or not this is really under consideration?

Cheers

Ralgha

RE: RUMOR: AS To Change Terminals At LAX?

Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:46 pm

And they would fit at terminal six how again?
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

alaska737

Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:52 pm

Now I heard that AS/QX is planning to build or rebuild a new terminal or T-3. This is also a rumor but if they were planning to rebulid T-3 then they might use T-6 while they are rebuliding T-3. one thing is for sure they need more room, especally if QX is planning to expand LAX service.

airplaneboy

Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:52 pm

Good question. That's just what I heard. Perhaps they said T-6 and meant another terminal, I don't know. The question however is whether or not they are considering a move and if so, to where?

Cheers

BigGSFO

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:00 pm

Quoting AirplaneBoy (Reply 3):
Perhaps they said T-6 and meant another terminal

It's been rumored on this forum that AS could possibly move into T5 as well.

DL WIDGET HEAD

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:03 pm

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 4):
It's been rumored on this forum that AS could possibly move into T5 as well.

That will not be happening. Just another ridiculous rumor.

ccc

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:38 pm

They need to. Terminal 3 is a dump.

kaitak744

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:51 pm

Well, who owns T3? I thought the only privately own terminals were T2, T4, T7, and T8. If T3 is owned by LAWA, then the airlines can't do anything about it. LAWA has to. And, according to the LAWA master-plan, there are no thoughts right now on doing anything to the basic look of T3.

deltaflyertoo

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:57 pm

DLWIDGETHEAD:

No there is truth to what BIGSFO said. THere was huge thread on this a while ago and some viable conclusions came of it. In a nutshell, Delta is in default on its leases on t5. DL also underutilizes T5. There is a possibility that AS could share t5 with DL.

BigGSFO

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:01 pm

I said rumor. I didn't claim it was anything other than that. But this topic comes up about every other month. I was simply stating what was discussed before.

[Edited 2006-09-15 07:05:56]

DL WIDGET HEAD

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:02 pm

Quoting Deltaflyertoo (Reply 8):
No there is truth to what BIGSFO said. THere was huge thread on this a while ago and some viable conclusions came of it. In a nutshell, Delta is in default on its leases on t5. DL also underutilizes T5. There is a possibility that AS could share t5 with DL.

Don't believe everything you read on ANET.

flypdx

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:05 pm

DL also underutilizes T5. There is a possibility that AS could share t5 with DL.

Have you not read about the service increase that DL is bringing to LAX? There is a nice sized buildup occurring in the next couple of months.

as739x

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:11 pm

BigGSFO: No T-5 move! This rumor was only started when DL wasn't paying their lease and it followed and article in a local paper over the issue. DL is expanding dramatically and no room would be left for AS/QX.

The T-6 rumor is the more heavily talked about one at this time, though has become less talked about as of late. We are honestly not being told anything. Which is normal since this is a corporate decision. I can tell you that the relocation of our Operations Office is in limbo till a decision is made on whether we are moving or not. Apparently the politics behind the whole thing is what AS is frustrated over. We have been told though that if it happened, it would be a quick move.

Ralgha: If United was to operate international only from that terminal, there would be plenty of room.

Chances are slim that T-3 is going to be rebuilt. We are in the middle of the slowest remodel man kind has ever seen here at T-3. There is really few option that can be done with this terminal and as Ccc said this place is a dump. I have not been over in T-6, but I hear its not much of a step up.

ASLAX
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"

BigGSFO

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:16 pm

Quoting AS739X (Reply 12):
BigGSFO: No T-5 move!

Thanks AS. I promise to never bring it up again.  Wink

as739x

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:26 pm

No worries! We wish we could have moved over there. Its a very nice terminal in my opinion.

I'm picking up my friend tommorow on CO, so I may walk down to the gate and check out T-6.

ASLAX

LAXintl

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:33 pm

Quoting Kaitak744 (Reply 7):
Well, who owns T3?

Defaulted back to the city after TWA gave it up. The years of neglect by TWA has left the terminal in a time warp.

I thought the only privately own terminals were T2, T4, T7, and T8. If T3 is

The only quasi private terminal at LAX is T-2. Owned and built by LAX-Two Corp whose shareholders are Northwest, Air Canada, and Hawaiian. LAX-Two Corp has something like a 75 year lease on the land for the terminal.

T-4, 7&8 very much belong to the city, but are under long term leases to AA and UA respectively.

Delta is in default on its leases on t5

There is a hearing scheduled sometime in October to decide on the cities motion to evict DL for default on its recently revised lease and debt obligations for T-5.

Earlier in the year the city was actively shopping the facility around to other airlines with a proposed multi airline facility swap.

Nothing is certain yet until either the judge rules or parties can come to terms before the hearing.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

ikramerica

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:34 pm

If DL were to leave T6 temporarily, there would be room for AS to have a few gates while they reworked T3. I see this as a possibility, that it's a temporary thing, where AS/QX would be split in T3 and T6 (with a shuttle bus for connections from 60A) while T3 is reworked/reconfigured.

Laxintl would have more insight into this idea...
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

airplaneboy

Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:46 pm

Thanks for the replies. I should reiterate that what I was told was merely speculation.

T-3 definitely is in a time warp. I must admit though- it has been cleaned up a lot. There are brighter lights throughout the terminal, the restrooms have been cleaned up, and new carpeting and tile work on the columns have been placed. It appears that a few new jetways have been installed as well. The TSA screening checkpoint has been better organized with what little space the terminal has. Overall, it's a step up from its previous condition, although no where near being a modern facility other airport terminals enjoy (LAX T-4, DEN, etc.)

Cheers

HikesWithEyes

Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:52 pm

Here is a quote from a recent Alaskasworld article.
Note the part about LAX:

AW: What’s the plan for upgrading our stations in Los Angeles and Seattle and our Phoenix Reservations Center — and how does this fit into the Alaska 2010 Plan?

Ayer: “Having adequate facilities at all locations is an integral part of our future. Planning is the key. Facility requirements must be part of our strategic growth plan, which is why we named Ed White vice president of corporate real estate.”

Johnson: “We’re in the final stages of planning an “airport of the future” operation at Sea-Tac. If I could wave a magic wand at LAX, the ideal facility would be one with a brand-new look, capacity to handle our current operation and future growth, a modern baggage-handling system, a much more inviting atmosphere for our customers, and an integrated customs and immigration facility. There are a lot facility constraints and political hurdles to overcome, but I’m confident it’ll happen over time.”

Finan: “An important point to remember is that profitability makes these capital investments possible. And we’re profitable because we’ve had good discipline about lowering our costs.”

Since there is some money available to expand/improve, I seriously hope
that AS will pour a good amount of it into LAX.
AS flies more passengers internationally out of LAX than anyone else, and
there is a lot of room to grow. Of course, this would be a substantial investment,
but IMHO it would be worth it in the long run.
First, benzene in my Perrier, and now this!

DL WIDGET HEAD

Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:16 pm

Quoting HikesWithEyes (Reply 18):
AS flies more passengers internationally out of LAX than anyone else

I was surprised about this but the LAWA statistics bare this statement out.

N1120A

Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:37 pm

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 16):
If DL were to leave T6 temporarily, there would be room for AS to have a few gates while they reworked T3. I see this as a possibility, that it's a temporary thing, where AS/QX would be split in T3 and T6 (with a shuttle bus for connections from 60A) while T3 is reworked/reconfigured.

AS would still have to send Mexico flights to Bradley, as the T6/7 FIS is reserved for United's use.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

DeltaSFO

Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:50 pm

AS flies more passengers internationally out of LAX than anyone else

Quoting DL Widget Head (Reply 19):
I was surprised about this but the LAWA statistics bare this statement out.

I'm not sure where you guys are looking, but according to this summary for July 2006, Mexicana flew 66,336 international passengers out of LAX compared to Alaska's 53,038 international departing passengers. For comparison's sake, American flew 30,085, United 49,922, and Delta a paltry 6,698. It will be interesting to what Delta's number looks like a couple of years from now.

http://www.lawa.org/lax/statistics/pdf/m_share-2006.pdf
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.

ikramerica

Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:57 pm

If I could wave a magic wand at LAX, the ideal facility would be one with a brand-new look, capacity to handle our current operation and future growth, a modern baggage-handling system, a much more inviting atmosphere for our customers, and an integrated customs and immigration facility.

Sounds a lot like T5...  Wink Maybe they can waive a magic wand in the next 2 months? Wonder how DL would like T3...

Quoting N1120A (Reply 20):
AS would still have to send Mexico flights to Bradley, as the T6/7 FIS is reserved for United's use.

Never said they wouldn't. Only suggesting that if T3 needs so much work that it would involve shutting down some gates at a time, they'd need to use another facility temporarily. But I guess it would be just as easy/hard for AS to just use remote stands and busses in that case. The "commute" would be shorter...

Where do CO's mexico flights clear? Do they only depart from T6?

N1120A

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:14 pm

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 22):
Where do CO's mexico flights clear? Do they only depart from T6?

Depart T6, arrive Bradley.

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 22):
Never said they wouldn't. Only suggesting that if T3 needs so much work that it would involve shutting down some gates at a time, they'd need to use another facility temporarily. But I guess it would be just as easy/hard for AS to just use remote stands and busses in that case. The "commute" would be shorter...

In reality, T3 could be overhauled without shutting down. The gates themselves are designed just fine, with lots of space. It is more the interior that needs refurbishing, which AA showed can be done without closing the terminal.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

DL WIDGET HEAD

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:34 pm

Quoting DeltaSFO (Reply 21):
I'm not sure where you guys are looking, but according to this summary for July 2006, Mexicana flew 66,336 international passengers out of LAX compared to Alaska's 53,038

The statistics area on LAWA under market share and top 10 airlines. For the period on Jan 06 thru Jul 06 Alaska moved 785,467 International passengers (#1) and Mexicana moved 779,827 (#2).

[Edited 2006-09-15 11:42:22]

WesternA318

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:05 pm

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 15):
LAX-Two Corp has something like a 75 year lease on the land for the terminal.

LOL< any guesses as to which airlines will still be around by then? LOL
Check out my blog at fl310travel.blogspot.com!

flyboy7974

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:54 pm

I had heard this as well from a friend doing the Alaska internship, but it was only a temp move as they consider rebuilding terminal 3 offering a more open and enlightened terminal, as well a new board room, eatery establishments, maximize gate vs. terminal space (since it was built for twa widebodies). only a temp thing during the heaviest of all construction, but the other tidbit was that alaska/horizon was looking more heavily also at the eagle terminal about to be abadoned and maybe offering a unique Horizon terminal of sorts where pax are bussed to the dash 8 a/c.

jfk777

Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:02 pm

It is sad to see passenger paying the price for the slow rennovations at LAX. T3 has been very empty since TWA went broke. IT should have been torn down and rebuilt with two goal: build something for Alaska Air and Provide more international space for the International flight at the Bradley terminal. With T2 and T3, many foreign airlines operate o the north & west sides of LAX. ITs UA and DL international flights that operate on the south side. Large operators like Qanats, Cathay or British Airways could has had a beautiful set up there, there own ONEWORLD terminal.

CHIFLYGUY

Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:00 am

Twill be interesting to see what happens with T5. As an AA fan, I'd love to see AA be able to snatch 4-5 gates, as they need the space badly and those gates are adjacent to T4.

DL is surely going to fight like mad to hold onto all their gates. But my understanding is that they have defaulted on their lease. Someone can probably clear up the BK rules here, but I believe that while DL can reject their lease, they can't just get the court to unilaterally renegotiate it for them.

Alitalia744

Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:06 am

Quoting CHIFLYGUY (Reply 28):
Twill be interesting to see what happens with T5. As an AA fan, I'd love to see AA be able to snatch 4-5 gates, as they need the space badly and those gates are adjacent to T4.

DL is surely going to fight like mad to hold onto all their gates. But my understanding is that they have defaulted on their lease. Someone can probably clear up the BK rules here, but I believe that while DL can reject their lease, they can't just get the court to unilaterally renegotiate it for them.

There were issues. They are being worked out. DL is not leaving T-5 at LAX, nor are other carriers moving into T-5.

The latest I heard, as a compromise, DL will be vacating the 2/3 gates they use at T-6 and will increase utilization of the T-5 gates.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

LAXintl

Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:44 am

Quoting Flyboy7974 (Reply 26):
but the other tidbit was that alaska/horizon was looking more heavily also at the eagle terminal about to be abandoned and maybe offering a unique Horizon terminal of sorts where pax are bussed to the dash 8 a/c.

You can forget that rumor. The AE terminal is not being "abandoned" and thus available for use by others. Its being torn down as part of approved Masterplan taxiway reconfiguration work.

Quoting Jfk777 (Reply 27):
IT should have been torn down and rebuilt

Quoting Jfk777 (Reply 27):
there own ONEWORLD terminal

If some carrier(s) would step forward and assume an exclusive leasehold on T-3, I'm sure there would be nothing standing in their way to do a major renovation.

See outside of TBIT and the recently approved midfield concourse, LAWA is not in the business of building terminals. Matter of fact they rather not manage them either. Preference is for airlines to have long term leaseholds on facilities.

Quoting CHIFLYGUY (Reply 28):
But my understanding is that they have defaulted on their lease. Someone can probably clear up the BK rules here, but I believe that while DL can reject their lease, they can't just get the court to unilaterally renegotiate it for them.

According to court documents, the city allergies Delta has defaulted on several lease terms for the facility, including being behind on lease and bond payments.

The city however is following the path, that irregardless of the default, or what a Ch11 court might rule on those, the original 40 year lease on the facility (1985-2025) has a early termination clauses which the city wishes to exercise. As part of the move, about $53mil in future bond debt on the facility would be assumed by the city, so DL and its creditors do have a decent size carrot in this deal also.

I truly believe LAWA does not wants to move DL out of T-5 completely, but instead gain control of the terminal and then resign Delta to a sublease of a smaller and more realistic portion of the facility and subsequently move other airlines in.
If one does look at the T-5 terminal usage, it is underused during much of the day. DL regularly parks aircraft on gates for extended periods. Even DLs recently announced build up, which is composed mostly of RJ flying will not add much volume to the terminal.

BigGSFO

Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:56 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 30):
If one does look at the T-5 terminal usage, it is underused during much of the day. DL regularly parks aircraft on gates for extended periods. Even DLs recently announced build up, which is composed mostly of RJ flying will not add much volume to the terminal.

IMO, UA should consolidate their operations. Leases, contracts, blah blah blah aside, they should better utilize T7 and step out of T6. T8 is highly under-utilized, again IMO, and it would seem they could move some mainline operations there as well.

T3 is a mess. They should raze it to the ground and start over. If that were to happen, the T3 airlines will need to squeeze in somewhere and space is getting limited.

CHIFLYGUY

Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:06 am

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 31):

IMO, UA should consolidate their operations. Leases, contracts, blah blah blah aside, they should better utilize T7 and step out of T6. T8 is highly under-utilized, again IMO, and it would seem they could move some mainline operations there as well.

UA isn't interested in better utilizing their space. As with other valuable rights they hold, they appear to be more interested in squatting on them to keep others out.

MarkATL

Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:11 am

A.net should start a new Forum just for rumors.
"...left my home in Georgia, 'n headed for the "Frisco" Bay...

BigGSFO

Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:24 am

Quoting CHIFLYGUY (Reply 32):
A.net should start a new Forum just for rumors.

There wouldn't be much to talk about in Civil-Av then.  Smile

ikramerica

Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:53 am

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 29):
The latest I heard, as a compromise, DL will be vacating the 2/3 gates they use at T-6 and will increase utilization of the T-5 gates.

I've been saying this has to be the answer for many months now. DL is just using their gates poorly, and T-6 would be better used by someone else.

For example, by moving DL out, CO can take over 60-63 completely, leaving only 67 for occasional use at peak time. UA could use the whole end exclusively (66-69) except for CO needing 67 on occasion. That would leave 64-65 for another carrier, like FL and Midwest Express for example. That gives T3 a little more breathing room as well.

IMO, UA should consolidate their operations. Leases, contracts, blah blah blah aside, they should better utilize T-7 and step out of T-6.

When I'm at LAX, any time of day, I see UA utilizing the gates in T-6 as well as the gates at the end of T-7 (the widebody gates) quite heavily. I don't see them moving out.

[Edited 2006-09-15 18:56:37]

LAXintl

Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:03 am

United had their own pissing contest going with the city regarding usage of UAX props at the T-8 gates following UA consolidation of all UAX flying at it main terminals. The UA lease did not allow for props to be operated at mainline gates and the city threatened to take the facility back. After some talks the parties agreed, and in turn for using T-8 as the defacto UAX facility UA was assigned lower preference on usage and assignment of T-6 gates for domestic flights. In reality this has had zero negative effect on UA as its not like CO has grown at LAX requiring higher volume of gates. Matter of fact the showdown was a big win for UA as its UAX operation no longer required busing to the remote terminal making it more convenient for the passenger and cheaper to run under one roof.

T3 is a mess. They should raze it to the ground and start over

The problem is who is "They"?

Since TWA walked away from the terminal no airline(s) have stepped forward to assume the leasehold. If AS was willing to sink in several million they could have a fantastic facility with possibly even a FIS even for decades to come.

Quoting DL Widget Head (Reply 24):
For the period on Jan 06 thru Jul 06 Alaska moved 785,467 International passengers (#1) and Mexicana moved 779,827 (#2).

While AS continues its growth at LAX, I believe you will see Mexicana end the year again as the #1 airline. MX activity tends to peak during the winter with ethnic travel, while AS is stronger in the summer as its primary customers are US leisure travellers headed to the many beach destinations.

Either way it will be tight.

DeltaSFO

Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:51 am

Delta and the city of Los Angeles are very close to resolving the dispute and we will see this announced publicly in the near future.
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.

sjc4me

Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:58 am

Isn't LAWA's master plan to build a huge new terminal near World Way? If thats the case, why renovate T3 when you can wait it out and move into the planned new terminal?
Unable.

ramprat74

Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:48 am

41 RJ and 87 EMB departures a day isn't under-utilizing those eight gates.

BigGSFO

Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:58 am

Quoting Ramprat74 (Reply 39):
41 RJ and 87 EMB departures a day isn't under-utilizing those eight gates.

I stand corrected then. I have been in that terminal a few times over the past six months and it never appeared to have been too busy.

deltaflyertoo

Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:21 am

Yes I've read that DL is revamping LAX and that leaves no room at t5, etc. etc...but statisitically speaking DL will stand down these ops in a year or 2 from now anyway. LAX has a long a long long history of the legacies going in and utilzing everything then dropping...very yo you..

What about T6? It never seems that full. AS IMO has proven to LAX and the city that its here for the long term and tends to grow.

alaskaqantas

Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:31 am

what would AS do about the lounge in LAX? IF they moved would they build a new one, or is there an old one over there that they could do up and use?
~Cheers-
~~Kyle H.
to some people the sky is the limit, to aviation enthusiasts, its home!

LAXintl

Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:44 am

Quoting DeltaSFO (Reply 37):
Delta and the city of Los Angeles are very close to resolving the dispute and we will see this announced publicly in the near future.

Hope so for DL's sake. They've been talking for 1+ year which finally prompted to City to force an eviction in the Spring.

From what I've heard the City case is strong as simply relies on a desire to exercise its rights in a basic early termination clause in the leases which ultimately have nothing to do with the carriers Ch11 filing and financial fall out from it.

As I've said a hearing is due sometime in October for lifting of the stay that was placed on the City's attempt to move DL out.

Quoting Deltaflyertoo (Reply 41):
...but statistically speaking DL will stand down these ops in a year or 2 from now anyway. LAX has a long a long long history of the legacies going in and utilizing everything then dropping...very yo you..

You're probably right. I doubt the flights especially the RJ service will be around 2 years from now.

aaway

Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:26 am

Quoting AirplaneBoy (Thread starter):

I tend to think that this rumor began as a result of AS' lease having expired, and not signing a new lease in T-3.

A bit of background: The leases in T-1 and T-3 expired last year (2005). LAWA and the airline lessees in these terminals have been in protracted negotiations regarding new leases. The major - and it is major - sticking point is the fact that LAWA wants to craft the new leases using a new methodology for determining the amount of space available to lease. The new methodology would significantly increase leasing costs for the tenant air carriers in T-1 and T-3. Needless to say, the carriers are balking.

I tend to blanch at this rumor. Not only are there lease issues (CO, DL, UA) to contend with, a move to T-6 wouldn't help AS' primary problem - having a dedicated FIS within the confines of it's own terminal. The logistics (and customer perception) of splitting ops between TBIT and T-6 would be frightful.

Well, who owns T3? I thought the only privately own terminals were T2, T4, T7, and T8. If T3 is owned by LAWA, then the airlines can't do anything about it. LAWA has to. And, according to the LAWA master-plan, there are no thoughts right now on doing anything to the basic look of T3.

Ah, but there was a plan pre 9/11 to raze T-3 and begin anew. Take a look at these images:
Big version: Width: 768 Height: 1024 File size: 99kb
LAX T-3 Modernization Project

Big version: Width: 750 Height: 1000 File size: 109kb
LAX T-3 Modernization Project
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

gmcc

Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:02 am

If AS does anything in LAX lets hope they somehow manage to put a gate for QX in LAX like C2 in SEA, ie C2A Thur C2M. Having people walk down a jetway, down air stairs in front of the jetway, and then across the tarmac to get to a QX plane, which I saw last time I when through T-3, seems like a recipe for trouble. Hopefully AS and LAX can work something out soon.

maiznblu_757

Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:52 am

They might as well move to TBIT. Was there around a week ago, on a Sunday evening, the only "Intl" airline occupying any gates was Mexicana... the rest, around 7, were Alaska!

WesternA318

Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:05 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 36):
Since TWA walked away from the terminal no airline(s) have stepped forward to assume the leasehold. If AS was willing to sink in several million they could have a fantastic facility with possibly even a FIS even for decades to come.

Does T3 have a FIS facility?
Check out my blog at fl310travel.blogspot.com!

as739x

Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:16 am

Western: No, this is the main reason Alaska wants to move.

ASLAX

PlanenutzTB

Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:25 am

According to the LAX "master plan" T-1, T-2, and T-3 will all be demolished. New terminals are in the plan to be built. A large artist rendering of the new airport plan was recently added to the baggage area in T-1. The first phase of the "master plan" is moving the south runway further south and adding a center taxi way, This work is now under way. Perhaps the AS "rumored" move is the first phase in the demolishing of T-3. I'll be very happy to see that dump and embarrassment at LAX go.

Here is a link to the LAX "Master Plan" web site.

http://www.laxmasterplan.org/
I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos