goldorak

DL Multiple Schedule Changes & AF Aircraft Config

Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:11 am

Hi everybody !
In april, I booked a trip CDG to LFT via ATL for end october for a friend's wedding. I wanted to use AF miles in first class  champagne  but was not able to have a reward ticket on the DL-operated ATL-LFT legs. So I finally took a 1st class reward ticket AF CDG-ATL and I purchased the DL ATL-LFT. So the 2 trips are on different independent files. Since I booked these trips, I check regularly my reservations status on AF web sites and noticed 5 schedule changes + 1 aircraft change :
- CDG-ATL on AF304 B772 oct 27: no change
- ATL-LFT on DL4585 oct 27: dept time change from 8:48 pm to 9:02 pm (no big deal !)
- LFT-ATL oct 29 : 3 changes in time & flight number : from 5:00pm (DL4768), to 5:35 pm (DL4377), then 5:25pm (DL4598)  crazy 
- ATL-CDG oct 29 AF307 : time has changed from 9:35pm to 9:05 pm and aircraft has changed from B772 to A343 (for the winter season).
My questions are the followings :
- why so much changes, especially for DL ? Is it really common in a so short time-window ? Do you think I can expect anymore change ?I'm feeling concerned because my connection times for the return trip has been decreased by 1hr. I have only 55 min remaining. I know I can make it but could be preety tough if the LFT-ATL is slightly delayed (why not, due to one closed runway in ATL at the moment)
-Will I get NEV seats on the B772 AF304 ?
- AF307 : I booked first class but as B772 has been replaced by A343, AFAIK there's no more first on these planes  faint  (can anybody confirm ?). I suppose they have rebooked me in J (AF didn't called me yet to inform me). And what will they do with my miles : I suppose they will "reimburse" me on my F.Blue account the difference in miles between P and J ?
Thanks for your help & info

Eirules

RE: DL Multiple Schedule Changes & AF Aircraft Config

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:42 am

I know exactly what you mean. I have booked DL from DUB-SAN at the ned of this month (via JFK outbound and via ATL inbound) and there have been loads of changes.

DUB-JFK - one time change (+5mins)
JFK-SAN - three time changes (+35mins, -50mins, +75mins)
SAN-ATL - one time change (+10mins)
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

dutchjet

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:23 am

Firstly, booking connecting travel on two seperate records, for whatever reason, can leave you unprotected. Schedules do change and adjust in the months leading up to the travel date....your ATL-LFT-ATL flights have jumped around a bit more than normal, but its nothing exceptional.

The biggest problem, as I see it, is the change in your departure time on the Air France flight out of ATL......you just lost 30 minutes of valuable connection time. Your 55 minutes in ATL is tight (is it legal?) and being that you are on two seperate tickets, can you check in for the AF flight with DL in LFT? (Is online check in an option?) Your bags will not make it even if you do....be prepared. My suggestion is to give DL a call, be honest, and maybe you will get a cooperative agent (some are very good) who will change your LFT-ATL flight to an earlier departure at no cost because of the schedule changes (be kind, be nice, and dont demand)......even if DL imposes a small fee, it could be money well spent.

The other issue is your AF return flight......you have ""paid"" for F, but will be sitting in J.......thats not very cool.

I think that your problems lie more with AF than DL.

goldorak

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:58 am

Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 2):
Firstly, booking connecting travel on two seperate records, for whatever reason, can leave you unprotected

I know but unfortunately, it was not possible to book the 2 trips on the same dossier

can you check in for the AF flight with DL in LFT

I hope and I don't see why I couldn't as they are both skyteam. Does anybody working for DL could confirm this, please ?

My suggestion is to give DL a call, be honest, and maybe you will get a cooperative agent (some are very good) who will change your LFT-ATL flight to an earlier departure at no cost because of the schedule changes

in fact, it's not really possible as DL has only 3 flights a day on this route and the previous one is really much earlier. As I said, I'm just flying there for the week end for a very good American friend's wedding, so I can't really leave earlier. The only possibility would be to leave the day after, but I have in this case to change also my AF flight and this becomes very complicated and uncertain.

The other issue is your AF return flight......you have ""paid"" for F, but will be sitting in J.......thats not very cool

I'm afraid I have no choice. But I know AF will call me to tell me about this (they always do) and I will discuss with them at this time

Overall, thanks DutchJet for your advices and being helpful

rwsea

Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:24 am

DL's schedules have been jumping around a ton lately. Our trip to Aruba this November went from convenient connections to two overnights in ATL, but now the redeye is back so we're down to only one overnight in ATL (keeping fingers crossed for the return, there's only a 30 minute connection right now so it isn't legal). Things will probably change again.

As Dutchjet said, call Delta and be polite. These kinds of things can sometimes work to your benefit, or maybe at the least you can cancel your itinerary with Delta and book a new ticket without any sort of fees.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos