YLWbased
Topic Author

Oasis Hong Kong's Confirmed Livery

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:00 pm

The world first Long-haul LCC is set to take of the ground on 25th Oct, 2006 from HKA to London (LGW). Airfare starting from HKD$1000(oneway) and HKD$6600 (Business Class one way) with FULL inflight services and IFE (including PTVs). Here are some pic of their livery and interior view of their 744.

source: www.oasishongkong.com

Welcome aboard Oasis Hong Kong First aircraft - "Queen of the sky"

Economy Class

Business Class (Oasis Class)
Hong Kong is not China. Not better or worse, just different.

zeke

RE: Oasis Hong Kong's Confirmed Livery

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:06 pm

Wonder what it will look like in five years ...

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/images/b744dl.jpg or
We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking – Santosh Kalwar

Skookum

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:10 pm

rotfl 

Brilliant.

But for the meanwhile, the livery seems quite appealing.
Good flying

N754PR

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:35 pm

this has all been posted before......
Bush, your a sad, sad man.

ANother

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:39 pm

Quoting YLWbased (Thread starter):
The world first Long-haul LCC

Ever hear of Laker Skytrain? or PeoplExpress? (or a hundred others) Actually - I don't see how the can be called LC with full service and IFE? Where actually do they have lower costs?

dogfighter2111

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:55 pm

Quoting ANother (Reply 4):
Where actually do they have lower costs?

Well the lowest fare I beleive is £260 Return! So that to me is like it is a lower cost. Meanwhile, CX are charging £430 return from LHR. I think this will be a success.

Thanks
Mike

CX Flyboy

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:11 pm

I think ANother is referring to the cost structure of the airline...not ticket prices!

tommybp251b

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:31 pm

Hi Guys!

What do you think about the planned services to CGN and Berlin? Will they be profitable? I guess CGN would be more profitable than Berlin.

Your thoughts?

Regards. Tom
Tom from Cologne

dogfighter2111

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:35 pm

Quoting CX flyboy (Reply 6):
I think ANother is referring to the cost structure of the airline...not ticket prices!

Ahh, gotcha!

Well in that case, they make you pay for drinks so i would assume they would be sky high and you will need a drink on such a long flight. Also the aircraft may be pretty squeezed.

Thanks
Mike

tommybp251b

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:36 pm

Another thought!

Will there be any codeshare agreement or partnership with 4U in CGN and SXF, and with Easyjet in SXF?

What will LH say if passenger will fly with Oasis to Berlin or Cologne and get connected to LH Low cost airline 4U who will fly them to European destinations?

I guess they never would allow it.
Tom from Cologne

CX Flyboy

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:51 pm

Quoting Dogfighter2111 (Reply 8):
Well in that case, they make you pay for drinks so i would assume they would be sky high and you will need a drink on such a long flight. Also the aircraft may be pretty squeezed.

I believe that drinks will be included. Alcohol will not be free. As for seating, the seat pitch is fairl decent. I can't remember what it is, but it is no smaller than CX's 31inch economy pitch. Not sure about business.

Oasis will be operating out of a very expensive airport. I cannot imagine that staff costs will be much lower for their HK office staff. As for pilots, although they do not have housing, their salaries are actually not at all bad.

luv2fly

Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:26 am

Quoting Dogfighter2111 (Reply 5):
Meanwhile, CX are charging £430 return from LHR. I think this will be a success.

Low fares and full planes do not = profitable!
You can cut the irony with a knife

raventom

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:01 am

I've always had the thought... if there are 278 odd Y class pax, and only a little amount of business with no first... then would the overall revnue be higher on a full plane? Besides, NOT everyone is paying only £260 return.

According to their website, Oasis will charge economy for soft drinks and alcohol (complimetry in business). Also "deluxe amenity kits" are available for purchase. However, headsets are still complimentry for both classes Big grin

Besides they allow up to 23kg of baggage! That's 2 more than CX and the same as BA i think.

I'm interested in the effect of the prices on the legacy airliners flying London - Hong Kong. Will they lower their prices too? Or will they stay in superisolation and continue ripping us off?

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 11):
Low fares and full planes do not = profitable!

Well that depends on what the cost is to operate these full planes. Would you really think a bunch of experienced aviation businessmen would start up an airline which they think will fail?

Guys you checked out thier retro style uniform?  boggled 

Anyways, enough of me typing... I'm flying with Oasis this December to test them Big grin Look out for my trip report.
I love the smell of burnt kerosene!!!!!!!!!!!!

luv2fly

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:29 am

Quoting Raventom (Reply 12):
Well that depends on what the cost is to operate these full planes. Would you really think a bunch of experienced aviation businessmen would start up an airline which they think will fail?

The boneyards are littered with them!

HKGKaiTak

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:34 am

I love the livery ...

Quoting ANother (Reply 4):
Ever hear of Laker Skytrain? or PeoplExpress? (or a hundred others) Actually - I don't see how the can be called LC with full service and IFE? Where actually do they have lower costs?

It could be just the perception of lower costs that get the punters on the plane. Isn't that the way VS started?

Mind you, HKG-London is getting rather crowded nowadays ... and I don't think CX would take too kindly to a new competitor. Wonder how long Oasis an last if NZ, VS, CX, BA and QF all start offering ultra-cheap economy fares - these are all full-service carriers with a good service reputation.
4 Engines 4 LongHaul

luv2fly

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:39 am

Also this is a long flight not to be getting frequent flyer miles!

luv2fly

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:42 am

Quoting HKGKaiTak (Reply 14):
Wonder how long Oasis an last if NZ, VS, CX, BA and QF all start offering ultra-cheap economy fares - these are all full-service carriers with a good service reputation.

The other thing that the above mentioned carriers can do is offer bonus miles at there normal fares and that would attract people to fill the seats.

AeroWesty

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:13 am

Mind you, HKG-London is getting rather crowded nowadays ... and I don't think CX would take too kindly to a new competitor. Wonder how long Oasis an last if NZ, VS, CX, BA and QF all start offering ultra-cheap economy fares - these are all full-service carriers with a good service reputation.

It remains to be seen for this type of route, but by simply having a carrier plying it that is perceived as cheap to fly and offers a nonstop, may indeed increase the demand. The airlines who offer connecting service may be the ones with the most to lose (such as KE, OZ, QR, EK, GF, UL, etc.). QR is offering a return as low as HK$2770 plus tax HKG-LHR-HKG, with a connection in DOH, through the Hong Kong travel agents. A comparably-priced or even cheaper nonstop surely would grab some of that market.

We've also seen Premium Economy do quite well in that part of the world--NZ had to up the number of seats in that section right after their cabin refit to accommodate everyone, and BR does a brisk business to/from Asia with their Evergreen Deluxe class. Oasis' Business Class may very well siphon off a number of passengers who'd like some extra room, but don't want or need a flat bed, or who are unable to afford full Business class.

Can they fill up enough seats to make the venture profitable? We won't know until they take flight.

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 16):
The other thing that the above mentioned carriers can do is offer bonus miles at there normal fares and that would attract people to fill the seats.

Just offering full mileage might be enough for some. The lowest fares on BA and QF offer very meager takings mileage-wise.
International Homo of Mystery

hz747300

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:44 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 13):
The boneyards are littered with them!

Excellent!

Never be fooled into believing that something will be successful just because someone is willing to throw a lot of money at it.

If this flies the Kangaroo route, it will attract those European backpackers who fill the hostels around the country here. It would also attract those English people with larger families and cannot afford the BA / QF fare to go back to the UK and visit relatives.

I do not know if that is enough to make it last.
Keep on truckin'...

HKGKaiTak

Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:05 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 17):
It remains to be seen for this type of route, but by simply having a carrier plying it that is perceived as cheap to fly and offers a nonstop, may indeed increase the demand.

Yes but before the demand increase benefits Oasis they might have gone out of business already ... only they know how deep are their pockets and just how low their operating costs are and whether they can sustain a discount price war with the established majors.

Quoting HZ747300 (Reply 18):
If this flies the Kangaroo route, it will attract those European backpackers who fill the hostels around the country here. It would also attract those English people with larger families and cannot afford the BA / QF fare to go back to the UK and visit relatives.

It's a shame Backpacker Express never got off the ground, be interesting to see how that would've gone with exactly this market.
4 Engines 4 LongHaul

deltajet757

Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:45 am

Looks nice to me. Is Oasis only operating 744's or are they operating other A/C?

-DeltaJet757
FLY DELTA JETS

YLWbased
Topic Author

Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:27 am

Quoting DeltaJet757 (Reply 20):
Looks nice to me. Is Oasis only operating 744's or are they operating other A/C?

they are only operating a solo 744 for now

oakjam

Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:15 pm

Wow how exciting to see Oasis starting up, and the new livery. I am excited to see them here at OAK. Some people think that low fares and full planes will not work, but I think otherwise. I wish them the best, they will have excellent connections at OAK though out other destinations out west and to the East Coast out of OAK. The exciting part is that the new concessions should open at OAK soon, making this Airport look like a real airport now. I will have to fly WN to try out the T2 extension.

viscount630

Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:47 pm

Quoting Oakjam (Reply 22):
I will have to fly WN to try out the T2 extension.

OMG! You'll spend money on an airline ticket JUST to check out a load of same-old, same-old airport shops and concession stands......?

"Nurse? Life-injection needed over here! - STAT!"  Wink
RIP Dan-Air. Where the Secret was SERVICE.

CX Flyboy

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:18 pm

B-LFA was delivered tonight and arrived at bay W46 at around 7pm using the callsign "B-LFA".

They are on the lookout for several more 744s and even 777s if available.

CHRISBA777ER

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:25 pm

It could be just the perception of lower costs that get the punters on the plane. Isn't that the way VS started?

Bingo.
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

luv2fly

Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:06 am

Quoting CHRISBA777ER (Reply 25):

Bingo.

Yes though will lightning strike twice! And they certainly are not a low cost carrier now by any means.

CruzinAltitude

Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:30 am

I'll steer clear of the LCC debate and say that I like the color scheme very much, and look forward to seeing it take to the skys.

blrBird

Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:41 am

Quoting CruzinAltitude (Reply 27):
I'll steer clear of the LCC debate and say that I like the color scheme very much, and look forward to seeing it take to the skys.

Well said! I like the livery and wish them good luck.
from star dust....

aussiestu

Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:56 am

Quoting Raventom (Reply 12):
I'm interested in the effect of the prices on the legacy airliners flying London - Hong Kong. Will they lower their prices too? Or will they stay in superisolation and continue ripping us off?

How can so many 'legacy carriers' on one route continue ripping you off??? Have you moved in to the 21stCentury with competition on most routes and most certainly on this route nowadays. Can VS be regarded as a legacy carrier? Look at the fares to HKG nowadays compared to 5 years ago, I think you will find they have dropped rather than risen and yet the cost of living has increased.

I think we all welcome Oasis to the fold but just hope they can keep these low fares in place and not join the Virgins of this world where the initial fares are great but they soon join the majors!

deltajet757

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:33 am

Quoting YLWbased (Reply 21):

thought so.

-DeltaJet757
FLY DELTA JETS

PlanesNTrains

Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:01 pm

Quoting YLWbased (Reply 21):

That will make things interesting if they go mechanical. What if it's an enroute diversion due to an engine problem? That would be a mess.

But they do look nice on the outside, and it's one more carrier to read about.

-Dave
-Dave

EI787

Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:07 pm

Well here it is:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Kok Chwee SIM

Looks lovely!

CCA

Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:32 pm

B-LFA had a test flight today and did a Go-Around at 15:40 from 25L (right over me, too bad the pollution today was so bad) then it was to be towed to HAECO for a press conference at 16:00. It should be on the HK news tonight.
P1 in A330, A340, A346, B742, B744, B748.

Vasu

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:56 pm

Where did they get the interiors from? They certainly aren't the SQ type.

YLWbased
Topic Author

Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:14 pm

Quoting Vasu (Reply 34):
Where did they get the interiors from? They certainly aren't the SQ type.

they are brand new

oakjam

Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:57 pm

I really won't spend any money to check out the concessions, as I have a travel voucher from WN to see the concessions at OAK anyways. In the next couple of weeks I need to go to travel to Southern CA.

I grew up around here, so for OAK to get a nice upgrade in concessions should be a treat to myself and all of the passengers that use it. This concessions stands is different from all, because there a local restaurants like Max's (which is great); Otaez ( Mexican) and a few other ones.

I don't know if you have ever traveled into OAK (Viscount 630) but the WN terminal is so packed that on friday nights it's a bit of a nightmare!! This will alleviate traffic and provide Oasis with excellent connections.