artsyman

Airline Lounges At YYC (Calgary)?

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:17 am

Hi folks,
Are there any airport lounges at the airport in Calgary. I have about 5 hours there tomorrow.

thanks in advance

VonRichtofen

RE: Airline Lounges At YYC (Calgary)?

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:33 pm

Only AC has one passed security in the A wing. Other than that there's lounge/restaurants in the main terminal area. There's a Montana's, Kelseys and a Cheers. There's also a Chilis passed security in A and D wing.

It's a pretty hokey airport that thinks it's a big airport really. I call it a Fisher Price airport (you'll see why when you arrive, just check the signing and the decor around the terminal).

Kris

artsyman

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:24 pm

I doubt I can get into the AC lounge. I am Platinum on Continental, have a presidents club card. I am Premier Exec (Star gold) on United, which I believe gets me into the AC lounge only if I am flying on a Star Alliance carrier that day.

Ultimately what I need is an internet connection for my laptop. I dont care if I have to pay for it, just have al ot of work to do during the day.

thanks for your help

VonRichtofen

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:56 pm

Quoting Artsyman (Reply 2):
Ultimately what I need is an internet connection for my laptop.

Oh ok, well I think the entire airport (I think) is Wifi equipped. I believe you'll have to pay the local Telecom company called "Telus". Not sure of the rates though.

Which airline are you flying on?

Kris

artsyman

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:01 pm

Which airline are you flying on?

In on Continental early afternoon, out on Westjet later in the day

ETStar

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:02 pm

Quoting VonRichtofen (Reply 3):

Oh ok, well I think the entire airport (I think) is Wifi equipped. I believe you'll have to pay the local Telecom company called "Telus". Not sure of the rates though.

Yup. Telus has wifi, and there is a pay-per-use fee you can make use of.

jamincan

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:29 pm

I know that Calgary will be getting a new lounge that is somewhat affiliated with Westjet, but is really for any passengers that wish to pay. I think there might be a maximum restriction on the time you can use it - 2hrs before the flight, or something like that.

FLYACYYZ

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:23 pm

Penauille-Servisair is opening up general access lounges throughout Canada, which all customers (for a fee) can access. Unfortunately, the lounge in Calgary isn't opening until the first week of October.
Above and Beyond