danimarroquin

Madrid Wear Video

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:08 am

hello
I was watching this video from a Iberia 320 taxiing in Madrid , and then I got curious when at the minute 3:56 of the video there is this wear thing that passes over the terminal at the moment of final stop . does any body knows what it is ?. it looks like a missile ,and I know for sure is no a plane because it pass really fast to be that low.
http://www.flightlevel350.com/Aircra...ne_Iberia_Aviation_Video-7155.html

YYZSaabGuy

RE: Madrid Wear Video

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:05 am

Good eye, Danimarroquin......I have NO idea what that could've been. No discernible wings or empennage. Interesting that the camera panned up to catch the object just as it was passing through the videographer's field of vision. The only suggestion I can come up with is a cruise missile, but it's highly unlikely that anybody would've launched one to fly at that altitude over a commercial airport. I'm stumped.....anybody else?  Confused

yooyoo

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:16 am

Smudge on window.
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

curlyheadboy

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:32 am

Quoting YooYoo (Reply 2):
Smudge on window.

Yes, it's just a streak of dirt on the window, cool "UFO" effect, anyway  Smile
If God had wanted men to fly he would have given them more money...

YYZSaabGuy

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:50 am

Quoting YooYoo (Reply 2):
Smudge on window.

Quoting CURLYHEADBOY (Reply 3):
Yes, it's just a streak of dirt on the window, cool "UFO" effect, anyway

I don't think so...........

curlyheadboy

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:02 am

Quoting YYZSaabGuy (Reply 4):
I don't think so...........

OK, watch the video carefully and follow the path of the mysterious flying object: after it seems to disappear behind the terminal building, you can see it over the parked airbus, it's of a lighter shade but still has the same shape. What the camera actually captured is some dirt on the window, the autofocus made it sharp for a moment, and the aircraft moving made the thing appear as a flying object. I agree it looks weird, but nothing more than an illusion.  Smile
If God had wanted men to fly he would have given them more money...

YYZSaabGuy

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:45 am

Quoting CURLYHEADBOY (Reply 5):
OK, watch the video carefully and follow the path of the mysterious flying object: after it seems to disappear behind the terminal building, you can see it over the parked airbus, it's of a lighter shade but still has the same shape. What the camera actually captured is some dirt on the window, the autofocus made it sharp for a moment, and the aircraft moving made the thing appear as a flying object. I agree it looks weird, but nothing more than an illusion.

OK, got it: you and YooYoo are absolutely correct. My apologies. But I agree....cool effect! So much for my cruise missile theory.........

DLKAPA

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:53 am

Wow. I just wasted 4 minutes of my life looking for a smudge on a window. Thanks.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

YYZSaabGuy

Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:08 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 7):
Wow. I just wasted 4 minutes of my life looking for a smudge on a window. Thanks.

Sorry, man....could've been worse: could've been me......wait a minute: I did the same thing.......  rotfl 

yooyoo

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:29 am

Quoting YYZSaabGuy (Reply 6):
My apologies

Wink

Ya, i had to do a double take...actually 3 times.
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T