What Could Have Been...........

Sat Jul 01, 2000 7:40 am

What do you think?

UK FLY

VirginA340

RE: What Could Have Been...........

Sat Jul 01, 2000 1:05 pm

I like the royal seal. The paint job is pretty awsome.
"FUIMUS"

Sat Jul 01, 2000 8:21 pm

Even though I work for British Airways, I wish we had never taken over British Caledonian. They were a great airline. I flew them many times (LGW to EDI, DFW, AMS, CDG) and loved them....the service was amazing, those flight attendants with tartan uniforms and the white gloves....ahhhh....memories.

It would be great to see what they could have been. They probably would have been awarded all the routes that Virgin now has. They were being courted by SAS before BA swallowed them whole, so they would probably be a Star Alliance member now. They also ordered the MD11 so im sure their network would have been quite substantial by now.

If only!

Oh well...........Enjoying flying British Airways, not a bad second choice  

cedarjet

Sat Jul 01, 2000 9:05 pm

I agree that it was a shame that BA took over B Cal (then trashed the name by attaching it to BA's shitty charter operation and making the old B Cal routes BA Mainline). However, it is worth remembering that they were within one week of not being able to pay the wages, so they would have ceased to exist in that incarnation anyway.

On the livery, I love what you've done, UK FLY. Does anyone know that the same design company that came up with BA's world images tails were working on a design for B Cal when that airline failed, and that the proposed new livery was a white body and a different tartan on each tail. Now THAT makes a lot of sense, I wish B Cal had lived long enought that we could have seen it.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

cedarjet

Sat Jul 01, 2000 9:49 pm

Only, I don't remember Caledonian operating the Tu204. Looks really cool though!
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

Cedarjet

Sun Jul 02, 2000 3:15 am

The aircraft is not a Tu204, it's ment to be a 757.

UK FLY