mech

Anyone Ever Flown Airtran

Sat Jul 01, 2000 9:19 am

was airtran previously valujet? has anyone flown airtran
they seem cheap enough, hows their service.717s,ect.

RE: Anyone Ever Flown Airtran

Sat Jul 01, 2000 9:25 am

Yes to both. I flew Airtran about 2 months ago from BOS-MCO via ATL. Their service is pretty much the same of the majors, plus they have nice FA's, and clean aircraft. The difference is that you'll pay up to half-off on Airtran. And they DO have good safety now. The maintenance company Valujet used was cutting costs, so that is what they believe the cause of the crash was. Just realize that most airlines have crashes, so don't be alarmed.

Jsheldon

Sat Jul 01, 2000 12:12 pm

My uncle just took AirTran this April from Newark to Fort Myers via Atlanta. On the return trip, EWR was closed, so his flight from Atlanta was sent to La Guardia instead. He said other then that slight problem not under their control, they service as excellent. Clean planes.. he even said that when he arrived in ATL the first time, they arrived twenty minutes early, and the pilot said "Sit back and close your eyes.. savor this moment.. so the next time we are running a little late, remember this day... and please don't be frustrated with us." The only thing he didnt like was the way they served drinks... they asked what everyone wanted first, then went through and gave a tiny little glass of soda, and kept the can.

Dazed767

Sat Jul 01, 2000 12:38 pm

I've flown them a few times (737's and DC-9). Good service everytime, ontime, and clean planes. But one DC-9 was just deafining. I'd fly them again, I really want to fly on a 717.