Ratypus
Topic Author

BA Online Check-in

Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:12 pm

Can't find a proper answer to this on BA.com - here goes

I am going to Boston early next year - just for the weekend. Ideally, I only want to take one day off work i.e the Friday.

But, so I can have a full day Friday in Boston, I want to try and catch the BA flight that leaves 19.30 on Thursday night. I would like to do this leaving work only a little bit early on Thursday (so I can just come in early that day and not take it as a day of holiday)

My question is, for a 19.30 flight from Heathrow, with hand luggage only (assuming rules go back to normal by next march??!), using online check-in - what time do I physically need to be at LHR to make the flight?

any info welcome - otherwise will just have to travel friday daytime...

treeny

RE: BA Online Check-in

Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:28 pm

I use BA online checkin quite often and I dont think there is an offical answer to this as such. You need to calculate in my opinion the times as derived by the airline such as 3 hours before for international departures and 2 hours for regional.

Keep in mind that with the online checkin you can got direct to business class or fast drop desks so you save time queing so you could probably cut those time a little but I always honour the standard time of the airline even with online checkin.

Cheers

Mark

CYatUK

RE: BA Online Check-in

Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:35 pm

Quoting Ratypus (Thread starter):
what time do I physically need to be at LHR to make the flight?

All depends on the quegue at the security check point. I would say 1-2 hours before, assuming that boarding commences 30minutes before departure.
CY@Uk