laxagent

Taca Airlines Boarding Music

Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:52 pm

Hello guys, well finally i get to post a thread after 3 years of just reading the threads. Well I work at TACA Airlines @ LAX as Gate Agent and I've noticed that their boarding song is title's like "Solo quedate en Silencio" "Rebelde" "Salvame" from the hit Mexican Band RBD. I've ask the flight attendants if it is a standard to be play the songs for the Airline. My question is it common for Airlines to use Top songs for boarding music?
LAX

757lgw

RE: Taca Airlines Boarding Music

Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:34 pm

Wow i love rebelde , after reading this it just makes me want to fly Taca. Most airlines play top hits , flybe always seem to play the latest music as do BMI although i once had to sit on board a first choice airways aircraft for 2 hours listening to horrible classical music!

Embajador3

Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:25 am

Most airlines have the latest music on their aircraft, however, airlines like FR or HLX do not pay it and get their "own music". i.e. FR's boarding and disembarking music is being around for over 6 years with some changes, but still the same.
Hope it helps!
Flying Together

carmenlu15

Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:49 am

Haven't flown in a while, but the last time I flew TA they had no music when boarding... then again it was a 7 am flight, perhaps I was too sleepy to notice.  Silly

Quoting LAXAgent (Thread starter):
I work at TACA Airlines @ LAX as Gate Agent

Another TA fan on board! Welcome  wave 

Saludos,
Carmen (ex-res supervisor @ GUA)
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

redflyer

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:18 pm

Quoting 757lgw (Reply 1):
Most airlines play top hits , flybe always seem to play the latest music as do BMI

I think it's safe to play top hits. When an airline plays "custom" music they don't realize how annoying it gets to be for their FF customers. I remember when I used to fly DL almost exclusively for a few years back in the late 90's early 00's they began playing this particular music; have no clue what in the world it was other than it sounded like an Asian chorus. It got real old, real fast and I found myself cringing everytime I got ready to board their aircraft.
My other home is in the sky inside my Piper Cherokee 180.

MGA

Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:05 am

I fly TA about once a month and for the last couple months they have been playing some annoying Costa Rica tourism promotion movie as boarding music... I cant take anymore iladiladiyay...  ill 

MGA
Que viva el guaro, el dinero y los aviones!!!

carmenlu15

Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:37 pm

Quoting MGA (Reply 5):
I fly TA about once a month and for the last couple months they have been playing some annoying Costa Rica tourism promotion movie as boarding music... I cant take anymore iladiladiyay...

I'll tell 'em to play Guatemalan tourism promotion movies, that should sort it out.  duck 
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

laxagent

Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:31 pm

Quoting MGA (Reply 5):
I fly TA about once a month and for the last couple months they have been playing some annoying Costa Rica tourism promotion movie as boarding music... I cant take anymore iladiladiyay...

MGA

I belive the title is something like "Chivas Life".
LAX

eddgge

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:36 am

One piece of music that comes to my mind is this opera sounding classic that is often played on luxury hotels and as boarding music. Last time I heard it was in the elevator at Intercontinental hotel in Frankfurt. Does anyone know which one I mean?