carnoc

Afghans Consider Buying Chinese Aircrafts

Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:52 pm

Afghanistan is considering buying passenger planes from China, a Kabul-based English-language newspaper reported yesterday.

In talks with the daily Afghanistan Times, minister for transport and aviation Nimatullah Ehsan Jawid said his agency will purchase five small planes from China to restore Afghanistan's former domestic airline - Bakhtar.

Full details available at http://en.carnoc.com/list/1/1118.html

Regards.

Avianca

RE: Afghans Consider Buying Chinese Aircrafts

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:25 am

very intresting, and maybe a good move for both China and Afghanistan.

regards
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

dz09

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:18 am

This is just great. Here we are pouring billions into this country, and they turn around and give the business to the Chinese.

DfwRevolution

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:30 am

Quoting DZ09 (Reply 2):
This is just great. Here we are pouring billions into this country, and they turn around and give the business to the Chinese.

The Chinese build some decent small utility aircraft, and I think it would be trivial if Afganistan ordered say five Harbin Y-12.

Now, I do completly agree that the amount of U.S. government investment going into Afgan infastructure and reconstruction should more than oblige them to purchase American products when the value is significant.

Avianca

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:32 am

Quoting DfwRevolution (Reply 3):
Now, I do completly agree that the amount of U.S. government investment going into Afgan infastructure and reconstruction should more than oblige them to purchase American products when the value is significant.

why oblige? is the help of the USA, Germany or any other country meant as an investment and they are expecting even interests?
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia