lsgg

Swiss European Pilot To Be On Strike!

Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:15 pm

Hey !

According to Swissinfo.org, today SWISS European has canceled all his Avro RJ flights (24 aircrafts, 17 flights so far).

Cause : Swiss Pilot (ex Crossair pilot trade union)

Consequence : Half european LX flights are cancelled today (the other are operated by A320 family)
Swissair forever !

lsgg

RE: Swiss European Pilot To Be On Strike!

Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:19 pm

From Swissinfo.org (26.09.2006 08h19)

Quote:
A one-day strike on Tuesday by pilots working for Swiss International Air Lines has led to the cancellation of 34 European flights.

The move affects short-haul Avro airliners. Switzerland's national carrier said it expected flight delays and cancellations throughout the day.

Swiss Pilots Association, one of two pilots unions at Swiss, voted to go on strike on Monday after the airline failed to meet its demands for improved salaries and benefits.

More than 100 pilots are taking part in the strike.

The pilots want their pay package to match those of their colleagues flying long-haul flights.

Swiss, which is controlled by German airline Lufthansa, said it regretted the strike action and was doing its utmost to minimise the impact on passengers.

[Edited 2006-09-26 08:20:07]
Swissair forever !

glidepath73

Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:20 pm

Really bad news!  

I hope they solve this soon and that it will not affect LX to much...

Let's see what all this costs.

Regards,
Patrick

[Edited 2006-09-26 08:20:43]
Aviation! That rocks...

lsgg

Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:28 pm

More info :

14 flights are concerned in ZRH

2 flights are concerned in BSL (BSL-Brussels-BSL and BSL-LCY-BSL)

1 flight are concerned in GVA (GVA-LCY-GVABig grin

In term of one way flight of course  Smile
Swissair forever !

Rotate

Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:49 pm

Its really a shame! And I thought things in Switzerland are different than in Italy ....

Robin
ABC

alphafloor

Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:37 pm

This proves there are still problems that nobody cares about.
Whatever

RJ100

Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:43 pm

I fully support the Swiss Pilot's actions.

Apart from the fact, that from the more than 1000 former Crossair-pilots there are only 260 left @ Swiss and Swiss European (to be reduced to 220), there are TWO court decisions which clearly state that the current terms of employment of the Swiss European pilots is a discrimination against the former Swissair-pilots, doing exactly the same job. And we do not speak about peanuts. The former Crossair pilots earn an average of 40% less for the same work the former SR colleagues do. In some cases they even earn 60% less for the same work. At the same time they work more. More daily hours and further there are less crews scheduled per aircraft than with the SR staff which results in a higher monthly and yearly working time.

These are court decision and Swiss simply ignores it!! Do they believe they can have different laws than everyone else? How ignorant (and arrogant) can someone be?

Apart from the court decisions there is another fact: A pilot flying the Avro with Swiss European does not earn more than someone working at the local supermarket...and we are not speaking about some young pilots starting a job. Most of the Avro pilots are older, have worked with the company for years, have family. And Swiss knows nothing else than reducing their salaries once again...

Cheers
RJ100

[Edited 2006-09-26 10:45:07]

[Edited 2006-09-26 10:45:58]
none

saab2000

Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:40 pm

I also support them 100%. Most people do not realise any longer what has been done to this group by the former Swissair people in that company. Hundreds of pilots were let go a few years ago under the pretense of saving money. Fact is that they did not want former Crossair pilots in the new, merged company.

Thankfully, many of us have gone on to bigger and better jobs. Not bad for a bunch of people who were told they should not be allowed to take the transition course to the A320 because we 'probably couldn't pass it anyway'. I heard those exact words from an MD-11 pilot.
smrtrthnu

Speedbird747

Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:48 pm

Swiss European pilot corps to be reduced to 220? Sounds strange... Actually, Swiss is looking for new pilots - for the first time in its history! And I have the intention to apply. Do you think this is a bad idea?

ZRH

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:00 pm

I no understanding at all all for these pilots at all, they all should be dismissed at once.

saab2000

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:04 pm

According to our old contract, they should recall all former pilots laid off first before they hire one single new pilot. I was a Crossair pilot. They merged the two companies together, but never the pilot groups. The former Crossair pilots were treated like third-class pilots, not welcome at the new company. This was shown from day 1 of the new operation.

There are those at SWISS who will be satisfied only when every single former Crossair pilot is gone. And they will never be allowed to work at SWISS even though the contract we had was completely clear.

Good luck if you want to work there, but realise that other pilots should be in line for those jobs before any new pilots are hired at SWISS. I am one of them. Still waiting for that letter from SWISS for my old job back. Not holding my breath.
smrtrthnu

agrflyer

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:59 pm

I fully agree with ZRH. It is really a shame for Swiss and the reputation of the company.

I wonder what LH is thinking about this strike.
Fall 2016: ZRH-TLV-ZRH on A3 or LX in Y, ZRH-LCY-ZRH on LX in Y
Spring 2017: ZRH-LCY-ZRH-SFO-LAS-LAX-ZRH on LX in Y,C and F

saab2000

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:09 pm

If the company would treat them fairly they would not have this problem. They have not been treated fairly since the beginning of SWISS. It is an an embarrasment to SWISS how they treat these professionals.
smrtrthnu

swissy

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:20 pm

Saab & RJ,

I fully agree with the BS treatment the ex Crossair pilots are dealing with for a long time.......... too long and yes enough is enough but I can not tolerate or understand the kind of action they took today

Quoting RJ100 (Reply 6):
These are court decision and Swiss simply ignores it!!

And that is the problem, I can see that a company lets you down, however how f.... retarded is this..........

I highly respect the Crossair pilots for their skills and passion, they are pros. and deserve respect at least from the law................

Cheers,

Rotate

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:25 pm

I am getting a bit worried now!

07:20 LX 632 PARIS CH. DE GAULLE A320 A81 HBIJK Departed
07:35 AF 5111 PARIS CH. DE GAULLE B462 B29 EICSK Departed
09:40 LX 634 PARIS CH. DE GAULLE A319 Cancelled
10:15 AF 5101 PARIS CH. DE GAULLE B463 B28 EIDEX Departed
12:25 LX 638 PARIS CH. DE GAULLE RJ85 HBIXG Cancelled
13:15 AF 5103 PARIS CH. DE GAULLE B462 B29 EIDNJ Departed
16:35 AF 5105 PARIS CH. DE GAULLE B462 EICMS Cancelled
16:40 LX 656 PARIS CH. DE GAULLE A320 HBIJR Cancelled
17:45 LX 644 PARIS CH. DE GAULLE A321 HBIOK
17:50 AF 5107 PARIS CH. DE GAULLE B462 EICWC
19:40 AF 5109 PARIS CH. DE GAULLE B462 GOZRH
20:00 LX 646 PARIS CH. DE GAULLE A320 HBIJM

I am booked on flight AF5111 to CDG tomorrow with a ongoing flight to SXM. I thought only LX flights with Jumbolinos have been affected, now I see that even AF flights have been cancelled and addiotional LX flights with Airbuses ....
I dont want to miss my SXM flight at CDG because of that shit!
What do you guys think?

Robin
ABC

saab2000

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:33 pm

This problem would be solved if the company would force integration of the two groups. Allow equal opportunity for all the pilots and pay according to aircraft and seniority, just like the rest of the airline world does it. This was for all practical purposes a merger between two airlines. Too keep one group out of the loop is totally irresponsible.

I feel very sorry for these former LX-pilots who have been marginalised and have few opportunities within Switzerland. Until SWISS treats them fairly they will continue to have these problems.

And the courts there have been completely unfair as well, refusing to enforce the contracts which the companies signed years ago.

If the company would integrate them fairly I have no doubt that the pilots would be willing to compromise on many issues. But there has been nothing at all for the pilots except that they continue to be "Persona non Grata" within their own company.

It should be an embarassment to every Swiss person how they are treated. That is a country after all where people are supposed to be treated with dignity and respect. But SWISS refuses to do so with the former Crossair employees who are still there. What a fiasco.
smrtrthnu

Speedbird747

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:54 pm

Quoting Saab2000 (Reply 10):
Good luck if you want to work there, but realise that other pilots should be in line for those jobs before any new pilots are hired at SWISS. I am one of them. Still waiting for that letter from SWISS for my old job back.

Thats why I was so surprised when I saw on the Swiss website that they are looking for new pilots. I thought they would hire those that were laid off in recent years first.

And I agree with you that the Crossair pilots were (and still are) treated badly within Swiss...

Swiss charges CHF 500.-- only to process the application  mad ! If the salary really is like in a supermarket I wonder whether its worth investing those CHF 500.--... Not that I expect to be payed like a king, but pilot school was expensive enough...

RJ100

Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:07 pm

So ZRH and ARGflyer:

Can you really support that Swiss is simply ignoring decisions by courts?

And do you really think it is fair that someone earns 40-60% less for the same work?

Do you think it is fair that some former Swissair flight attendands earn more money than the former Crossair pilots who actually fly the plane?

Do you think it is fair that the Avro pilots earn less for more flying hours?

Do you think it is fair that the former SR guys (intra European) have 45 days of vacation a year and the former Crossair guys have only 35?

Do you think it is fair that a former SR-pilot (intra-European) gets 0.46 days off per working day and a former Crossair pilot gets only 0.40?

Do you think it is fair that a former SR-pilot (intra-European) gets 3 CHF per hour for expenses and a former Crossair pilot gets only 2.50 CHF?

Do you think it is fair that the former SR-guys get their pension fully paid by Swiss while Swiss does not do the same thing for the Crossair-guys.

Did you know that the former SR-guys get a pay rise every year while the salaries of the former Crossair-pilots will see another cut right now.

Do you think their salary in general is fair? They fly up to 6 flights a day and earn less than I have earned with my first job after school.

As reported above, Swiss is currently starting to recruit news pilots. It is a socalled "ab-initio" education, that means you can apply there without any flying skills at all. Do you think it is fair that former Crossair people do not get the chance to apply for jobs now they start to recruit again?

Do you think it is fair that these new pilots (flying the Airbus) will see all the benefits mentioned above while somone flying the Avros for years already still does not get these benefits?

Generally, do you think the former Crossair people get treated with respect in the company that would not exist without the sacrifies of the Crossair people?

Can you seriously answer all above questions with YES???  

[Edited 2006-09-26 15:09:54]
none

saab2000

Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:10 pm

I cannot find on the website where they are looking for new pilots. But I am in the US now and cannot access the Swiss part of the website. If I go on www.swiss.ch it will re-direct me to a US-only website.

I would be curious about the jobs there.

There is a part of me that would like to return. But another part that does not want to be part of that kind of company and that kind of mentality. My current job is not bad and I will have some pretty good opportunities here in the US soon I hope. Anyway, I am sure I am too old now to go back there to work. They always liked the 22-year old robots who were good at obscure 'Intellegence Tests".

Anyway, I wish all the ex-Crossair pilots the best because I feel that they are 100% in the right in this situation.
smrtrthnu

saab2000

Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:12 pm

RJ100 is my best friend!!!!

He is absolutely correct in the points he makes!!!
smrtrthnu

Speedbird747

Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:27 pm

Saab2000, here are the links. Hope they work in the US. Sorry, its in German only and does not exist in English:

http://www.swiss.com/web/IE6/sw-oc-jo-fs-zrh-pilot

http://www.swiss.com/web/IE6/about-s...-jo-cockpit-crew/sw-jb-cockpit.htm

RJ100, they are looking for ab-initio candidates, as well as pilots who hold a frozen ATPL (which is my case). Its possible to apply for Swiss International (Airbus) and Swiss European (Avro). Depends on what school you have accomplished.

[Edited 2006-09-26 15:28:18]

saab2000

Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:53 pm

I can read the Deutsch just fine!!  Big grin

I just am almost speechless that they want to differentiate between the two airplanes.

What school did you go to? I did Horizon, where about half the teachers were from the old SLS. We did the exact same test in the exact same room at the exact same time as the candidates from the SLS. And our rate of passing was the same.

They have always tried to act like their schooling was better, but it isn't. If you have the CH frozen ATPL you have worked hard. It was hard for me because German is not my Muttersprache and when I did it about 7 years ago it was all German.
smrtrthnu

swissy

Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:21 pm

Quoting Saab2000 (Reply 18):
There is a part of me that would like to return.

checkmark 

Quoting Saab2000 (Reply 18):
But another part that does not want to be part of that kind of company and that kind of mentality. My current job is not bad and I will have some pretty good opportunities here in the US soon I hope.

And that would be a loss for us (flying pax in CH) but it is understandable, I just hope things change asap for the good, I mean I am Swiss have a home in
Switzerland & Canada and I am ashamed how Swiss is handling the situation....... and let it go that far................  thumbsdown 

Cheers,

goldorak

Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:47 pm

Quoting Rotate (Reply 14):
I am booked on flight AF5111 to CDG tomorrow with a ongoing flight to SXM. I thought only LX flights with Jumbolinos have been affected, now I see that even AF flights have been cancelled and addiotional LX flights with Airbuses ....
I dont want to miss my SXM flight at CDG because of that shit!
What do you guys think?

I think the cancellation of AF flight is purely a coincidence and is due to other reasons than LX strike (except if AF handling agents in ZRH are some LX staff who is also on strike to support their colleagues - I don't know who handle AF at ZRH). So you should be OK for your trip to SXM. Enjoy !!

saab2000

Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:58 pm

AF used to be handled in ZRH by Jet Aviation Handling AG, another former employer of mine. But I think they are now handled by Swissport.
smrtrthnu

lsgg

Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:06 am

Wow I didn't realized until today how different was to work in both side !  eyepopping 

That day make me think of the 02.10.01... In the sense that it's like a mini grounding and it shows that the airline in question is not in his best health as well  twocents 
Swissair forever !

lsgg

Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:10 am

Quoting Saab2000 (Reply 24):
But I think they are now handled by Swissport.

Hmmm I guess not... In GVA at least AF is still handled by Jet Aviation  Smile
Swissair forever !

Speedbird747

Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:29 am

Quoting Saab2000 (Reply 21):
What school did you go to? I did Horizon, where about half the teachers were from the old SLS. We did the exact same test in the exact same room at the exact same time as the candidates from the SLS. And our rate of passing was the same

I made CPL/IR at Malbuwit in Berne, frozen ATPL at SRAS. We were the last class to obtain a CH frozen ATPL, end of 2001. That was the time when everything went down the drain... In the meantime I have converted my licence to JAR, as this is required by most Airlines.

Do you hold a Saab 2000 type rating? If you really consider coming back to Switzerland you could apply at Darwin Airlines. They operate 4 Saab 2000 and are currently looking for pilots as well...

here's the link to the application form:
http://www.darwinairline.com/pdf/FCMform.pdf

saab2000

Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:45 am

Yes, I do hold a Saab2000 type rating. I was based in LUG with LX and know all the guys at Darwin. The thing is that I am now flying jets in the US for a pretty big company and I think there will be a future here at a major airline. I am very close to upgrading to captain. If I go back to LUG and go to Darwin I would be back at the bottom of the barrel with no left seat in sight. I am lucky because I can also work in the US, unlike most of my former colleagues from LX.

I was offered a job there at Darwin when they started up but I said no because I was already in training here in the US. I know many of the Darwin guys quite well. You will learn a lot about flying if you go and fly in LUG!!!
smrtrthnu

ZRH

Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:22 am

Quoting Saab2000 (Reply 12):
It is an an embarrasment to SWISS how they treat these professionals.

Professionals??? They are whiners. A strike in this case is never a solution. You only cause damage and annoy passengers without any solution. Actually I think most strikes here in Switzerland are useless and silly, as also, for example, the strikes at the Schauspielhaus (Zurich Theater) and in Reconvillier were.
Actually this strike is absolutely at the wrong time. There already was a meeting planed for October 4th (!) between Swiss and Swiss Pilots. Now a few days before they strike out of the blue! This is absolutely indecent.

[Edited 2006-09-26 18:40:20]

[Edited 2006-09-26 18:40:44]

RJ100

Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:43 am

You can in no way compare Reconvillier and Swiss Pilots...

We here have two clear Schiedsgerichtsurteile. These court decision were made in 2003. Swiss had more than 3 years to prepare and they did absolutely nothing. That's why a strike is the only and last option they have.

And to call someone a whiner who is just using his rights (even guaranteed in the Swiss Constitution...) isn't nice either  Wink But it shows how scruplesless the company is towards everything that only smells like a little bit after Crossair. It's just reckless...

But anyway, it's too late anyway. They should have gone on strike immediately after the discrimination began. In 2002 when first people got laid off and in 2003 when the court made it's decisions...

So if you want to put the blame on someone then on Swiss. Again, they had 3 years to change the contracts into legality. They messed it up...

Cheers
none

lsgg

Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:49 am

I've just heard on the French-speaking Swiss Radio (RSR) that the strike will probably end this evening. The Swiss Pilot spokesman said that this today action is only a kind of warning for the SWISS management.

The spokesman of SWISS International was also on the radio and he said that dialogue between Swiss Pilot and SWISS management was never broken and there was absolutely no reason to go on strike.  twocents 

But actually the event was not really heavily reported today in Switzerland (in media), I'm quite amazed of that !  hypnotized 
Swissair forever !

RJ100

Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:55 am

Quoting Lsgg (Reply 31):
But actually the event was not really heavily reported today in Switzerland (in media), I'm quite amazed of that !

I guess people are just sick of it. And Swiss today is more or less a medium-sized company in Switzerland...so nothing special at all. Also, they are not really in national interest unlike Swissair/Crossair some years ago. LX today is nearly inexistent in 4 of 5 Swiss airports...

cheers
none

ZRH

Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:55 am

When there are talks planned it is even not only indecent but even illegal to strike! I don't deny that some regulations for the AVRO pilots are not good, but this strike is most stupid and absolutely bad timed. BTW almost all European airlines pay their regional pilots less that the pilots of the mainline. This is not specific for Swiss.

RJ100

Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:00 am

Come on, you absolutely know that talks mean absolutely nothing...how many times did they talk in the last three years? Dozens of times but Swiss is stubborn...they go there and drink a few cup of coffees but don't move a millimeter...

BTW, someone at Lufthansa Regional earns more than someone at Swiss European although I agree that they earn less than at LH mainline. But then again, we have two court decisions so this discussion is meaningless anyway.

regards
none

swissy

Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:32 am

Quoting ZRH (Reply 33):
BTW almost all European airlines pay their regional pilots less that the pilots of the mainline. This is not specific for Swiss.

checkmark 

Quoting RJ100 (Reply 34):
BTW, someone at Lufthansa Regional earns more than someone at Swiss European although I agree that they earn less than at LH mainline.

See your point but still you can not compare the pay rate from LH with LX....

Quoting RJ100 (Reply 34):
But then again, we have two court decisions so this discussion is meaningless anyway.

And that is the real issue, why did nothing got done even from the law side??

I saw you are a law student, do you have any info...... in regard of it.

Cheers,

ZRH

Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:41 am

Quoting Swissy (Reply 35):
And that is the real issue, why did nothing got done even from the law side??

I agree. When you have a valid court decision then you can enforce it legally and don't have to strike illegal. BTW I actually don't like Bundesrat Leuenberger at all (I think he is the worst in the Bundesrat) but with his statement today I concur. He said that he has no sympathy with this strike. A strike must ever be the absolute last instrument. Again, if they really had a court decision why do they strike??

lsgg

Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:52 am

From the evening journal of the French-speaking Swiss Television :

Not less than 134 flights has been canceled today, annoying more than 8'500 passengers of course mainly in ZRH as GVA and BSL are not SWISS hub at all in term of traffic part. Big grin

There will be no lay-off due to that strike.

Jumbolino pilots won't be paid for the day.

And Moritz Leuenberger (Swiss transport minister) is not happy at all !!  laughing 
(You should have reacted in better way much earlier Moritz...)
Swissair forever !

StuckInCA

Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:01 am

I'm by no means informed enough to opine on whether or not the pilots have reason to be upset, but this can't be a good move right now. I think Glidepath said it best:

Quoting Glidepath73 (Reply 2):
I hope they solve this soon and that it will not affect LX to much...

Quoting Lsgg (Reply 31):
said that this today action is only a kind of warning for the SWISS management

Seems like more than a warning.
As someone who recommends LX every chance I get and flies on them pretty regularly, I find this disheartening.

lsgg

Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:02 am

Quoting ZRH (Reply 36):
BTW I actually don't like Bundesrat Leuenberger at all (I think he is the worst in the Bundesrat)

So do I ; and particularly his behaviour in mid 2001...  sarcastic 
Swissair forever !

HBJZA

Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:51 am

I totally disagree with strikes in general and in this situation more than ever. It is so bad for a company that fight for staying in the air ! It used to be a pride if you could fly Swissair from all over the world going back home when people were looking at you with envy just because you could board a Swissair aircraft !!!! THOSE DAYS ARE GONE. So just fight for you job guys, it's a chance to have one in Switzerland (as a pilot of course).
My politic is and will always be : take it or leave it...........

Knightsofmalta

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:08 am

Quoting HBJZA (Reply 40):
My politic is and will always be : take it or leave it...........

But that precisely is the point which everyone seems to be missing here. Whether or not the former Crossair pilots are being treated unjustly or unfairly by the company SWISS is really of no importance in this discussion. Every pilot knew what he was letting himself in for at the time the contract with SWISS was signed, just like every other employee. You can't just sign the damn thing and then change the terms of the contract later on.

So if they really think SWISS has dealt them a bad lot, then perhaps the time has come to look for another job.

I started my career with ground staff at Swissair. The offer SWISS made me was not as good, less pay, less benefits. I decided to stay just the same and I ain't complaining!

ZRH

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:22 am

BTW the strike is over. The AVRO flights tomorrow should operate normal besides these flights which should have had a night stop in a city other than Zurich (Basel, Geneva, Milan, Düsseldorf, Hanover, and Brussels).
I still think that the Swiss pilots worsened their negotiation position over the management. This strike was useless, nobody understood it, mainly not the passengers. It was also rather tasteless to abandon passengers again almost exactly five years after the grounding.

RJ100

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:52 am

Quoting Knightsofmalta (Reply 41):
You can't just sign the damn thing and then change the terms of the contract later on.

But Swiss can change it? Remember that there were pay cuts (several times).

???

And what do you say about the court decisions? Do you really think that Swiss does not need to follow the law like everyone else in the country?

Regards,
RJ100
none

ZRH

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:56 am

Quoting RJ100 (Reply 43):
And what do you say about the court decisions? Do you really think that Swiss does not need to follow the law like everyone else in the country?

Again my question: why don't they enforce these court decisions legally than to strike?

swissy

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:57 am

Being currently in YYZ and returning back to ZRH in October, I was shocked again how our "Lieber Bundesrat" Lovely PMs" were handling the situation....
what a disgrace at least.... specially after the downfall of SR

We all know the good old SWISSAIR time is gone, I am against any strike as history has proven it does more bad than good and yes everyone is "free" to go but that is not the issue, the issue is these pilots fought for their rights and the court agreed with them and nothing happens..........

Cheers,

RJ100

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:06 am

Quoting ZRH (Reply 44):
Again my question: why don't they enforce these court decisions legally than to strike?

Maybe I'll give you the answer once you have answered my 14 questions in reply 17  Wink
none

ZRH

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:35 am

A very good commentary on this strike from a very renown newspaper (in German):
http://www.nzz.ch/2006/09/26/wi/newzzESJXIVP5-12.html

RJ100

Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:17 am

Would be interesting to see in what relation the author of this article is with Swiss...

Swiss media are very doubtful when it comes down to aviation.

Some have no clue what they are talking about, some are pro this anti that and some others have the opposite opinion. Just like in all the forums around.  Wink
none

saab2000

Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:46 am

I would agree that this strike will probably not have a positive outcome for the pilots. But I agree with the principles involved and support them 100%. They have been treated like crap since 2001 when Swissair collapsed and to see that SWISS is recruiting pilots for one side of the company while cutting salaries and jobs at the other side is absolutely sick.

This company is a joke and an embarassment for Switzerland and all the principles Switzerland is supposed to stand for.

I sure got a good laugh when I heard SWISS have a hard time taxiing around ORD last year because the former SR pilots spoke such bad English and kept missing taxi instructions. A big fish in a small pond in Switzerland, but in the real world they are a small fish in an ocean of sharks.
smrtrthnu