dc10s4ever

Man Detained By TSA/Negative Comments

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:00 am

A man was detained by the TSA for having negative comments about the TSA on his plastic bag for his personal items. Personally I think in this case the TSA has gone too far, and it against his rights of freedom of speech.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2006-09-29-bag-message_x.htm

dc10s4ever

RE: Man Detained By TSA/Negative Comments

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:07 am

Here is another article on Flyertalk

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6440005

ANCFlyer

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:31 am

The TSA Nazi's are at it again I see . . . rather still is more like it . . . thruning this guy over to the police because he thinks their Director is an idiot. Well, hell, they'd lock me up and throw away the damn key I'm sure . . . I think they're all idiots.

While I discount this as an affront to Freedom of Speech - that worthless excuse is too often used when no other argument can be made (rather like the now worthless Race Card) - I think the TSA just got embarrassed and used their Power Trip Prowess to hold the guy . . .

What was the end result? The local constabulary probably laughed right long with him . . . "determined he was not a threat" . . . what a gawddamn joke.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

access-air

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:50 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 2):
What was the end result? The local constabulary probably laughed right long with him . . . "determined he was not a threat" . . . what a gawddamn joke.

Agreed!!!!!

Access-Air
Remember, Wherever you go, there you are!!!!

Coronado990

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:59 am

Whoo-hoo!!!!...No free speech in a secure area!!!  rotfl 

I'm laughing at all my friends who said this could never happen 30 years ago. Oh that's right...I'm the loser too.
Uncle SAN at your service!

futurecaptain

Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:51 am

I don't feel any safer past security today than I did pre-9/11.

This is just idiotic.
AirSO. ASpaceO. ASOnline. ASO.com ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO.

S12PPL

Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:57 am

I think they should make sure they catch guns that go through their machines first, then go after people for calling them idiots.....  Yeah sure
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

zvezda

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:11 am

Bravo to Ryan Bird! I hope someone starts selling T-shirts that read "Kip Hawley is an idiot."

futurecaptain

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:17 am

Quoting Zvezda (Reply 7):
Bravo to Ryan Bird! I hope someone starts selling T-shirts that read "Kip Hawley is an idiot."

How about you go through security with no shirt and write on your chest "TSA approved clothing"
AirSO. ASpaceO. ASOnline. ASO.com ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO.

Lemurs

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:20 am

I just heard that the TSA is banning Sharpies inside the secure area to prevent this kind of thing from happening again. Based on previous precedent, it will take 2-3 months before they figure out that people can write with them outside the airport before getting to the secured area, and that there's nothing they can do about it.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those that don't.

YYZYYT

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:22 am

While I don't disagree with his sentiment, I question whether it's really wise to bait the people with the box of rubber gloves on their desk...

It's kinda like wearing a T-shirt that says "legalize pot now" when flying home from Jamaica... or putting as bumber sticker on your car that says "I hate cops": bad idea unless you are a real sucker for punishment.

TK787

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:34 am

I met this young man, fresh out of college pretty non threatening looking, who had a sticker on his checked luggage, which said something negative about the Bush admin. While he was at the gate waiting to get onboard, he was pulled aside by some officials and questioned: "Do you have a problem with US foreign policy?" He eventually missed his flight, and tells me he is on some kind of a list now, so he has to show up way early for his flights and expect to be harassed.

Lemurs

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:11 am

Quoting TK787 (Reply 11):
I met this young man, fresh out of college pretty non threatening looking, who had a sticker on his checked luggage, which said something negative about the Bush admin. While he was at the gate waiting to get onboard, he was pulled aside by some officials and questioned: "Do you have a problem with US foreign policy?" He eventually missed his flight, and tells me he is on some kind of a list now, so he has to show up way early for his flights and expect to be harassed.

I would like to do something like this with a riduclous sticker. Something along the lines of "President Bush is a poo-poo head". I would then desperately wish for the TSA to pull me aside for questioning, and force them to actually read the sticker, and refer to it all times in exactly the fashion it is written.

TSA: "Do you have a problem with US foreign policy?"
Me: "No sir. As the sticker says, I believe that President Bush's head is made of poo poo. Is there something wrong with that?"
TSA: "It suggests that you may be disgruntled or have a grudge against the government."
Me: "Which part makes you think that?"
TSA: "What you are calling the president."
Me: "Which part specifically, so I understand?"

I am getting great joy just thinking about this.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those that don't.

searpqx

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:23 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 2):
While I discount this as an affront to Freedom of Speech - that worthless excuse is too often used when no other argument can be made (rather like the now worthless Race Card) - I think the TSA just got embarrassed and used their Power Trip Prowess to hold the guy . . .

checkmark 

but. . . .

Quoting YYZYYT (Reply 10):
While I don't disagree with his sentiment, I question whether it's really wise to bait the people with the box of rubber gloves on their desk...

It's kinda like wearing a T-shirt that says "legalize pot now" when flying home from Jamaica... or putting as bumber sticker on your car that says "I hate cops": bad idea unless you are a real sucker for punishment.

also  checkmark 
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

BDL2DCA

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:45 am

Republicans for Voldemort!
146,319,320,321,333,343,722,732,733,734,735,73G,738,744,752,762,763,772,ARJ,BE1,CRJ,D9S,D10,DH8,ERJ,E70,F100,S80

zvezda

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:49 am

Quoting TK787 (Reply 11):

I think an appropriate response would be "Do you have a problem with the First Amendment?" If they say "No," then the correct response would be "Good. Then we have nothing more to discuss. Have a nice day."

LAXdude1023

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:28 am

Quoting Lemurs (Reply 12):
I would like to do something like this with a riduclous sticker. Something along the lines of "President Bush is a poo-poo head". I would then desperately wish for the TSA to pull me aside for questioning, and force them to actually read the sticker, and refer to it all times in exactly the fashion it is written.

Me: "No sir. As the sticker says, I believe that President Bush's head is made of poo poo. Is there something wrong with that?"
TSA: "It suggests that you may be disgruntled or have a grudge against the government."

HAHA, I LOVE IT!!!  laughing 

It's ok to critisize the government and its leaders, its perfectly patriotic. Same with TSA officials. Just because you dont like Bush or the leader of TSA doesnt mean you are a terrorist (even though im sure Bush would say different). TSA needs to realize the difference between free speech and terrorism.
It is what it is...

socal

Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:06 am

Quoting Dc10s4ever (Thread starter):
Personally I think in this case the TSA has gone too far, and it against his rights of freedom of speech.

First of all, he should of kept his mouth shut. And yea everyone has freedom of speech, but its smart to be quiet in an airport security point. And just maybe you wont miss your flight for being stupid. TSA is just doing their job, and they can detain you for negative comments. They will determine if you can fly or not, so thats why you can get detained.
I Love HNL.............

LAXdude1023

Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:16 am

Quoting Socal (Reply 17):
First of all, he should of kept his mouth shut.

Thats not freedom of speech, is it? Or should it read "freedom of speech except in Airports." The TSA is nececary to have to keep us safe, but that doesnt mean they cant go to far sometimes. Everyone can.
It is what it is...

socal

Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:34 am

Quoting LAXdude1023 (Reply 18):
Everyone can.

Do you think an Official Government Employee in his performance of his duties is gonna stand there and listen to some person rant off and say crap and not do anything about it. I dont think so. This individual didn't get arrested or get charged with a crime, he simply was detained for what he said. Which can be a few things like "Interfering with a Government Employee", "Disorderly Conduct". Who knows the state of mind of this guy, he could be one of these idiots who want to open the exit doors in mid-flight. So that why TSA does what it does. If your get your feelings hurt while going thru an airport, well that your fault for undermining everyone else's safety.
I Love HNL.............

We're Nuts

Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:45 am

They probably detained him just for the hell of it. You know, like a cook spitting in your food.
Dear moderators: No.

TUNisia

Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:10 am

Some of these TSA folks get a real power trip out of stuff like this.

BTW make your very own "Freedom Bags" here...

http://www.kiphawleyisanidiot.com/
Someday the sun will shine down on me in some faraway place - Mahalia Jackson

777ER
Crew

Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:48 am

I say good on him. The power of free speech. This personally just shows that the TSA have made them selfs look like 100% idiots.

Excellent laugh
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net for all Moderator contact

DL4EVR

Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:43 am

Just wait till 2009 when they're all out looking for jobs.....see who will get the last laugh. The TSA guys are power hungry maniacs.....they don't give a crap about our security...they care about getting off on their power by harassing innocent passengers.
We Love To Fly And It Shows.

L-188

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:06 pm

I hope there is a hard core ACLU lawyer who will take this case and run with it for recrational reasons.

The TSA is way out of line, as they usually are.

But what do you expect from the new Hitleryouth.....they wheren't picked for they job to use their own intellegence.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

bohica

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:12 pm

The TSA screener knew the name of the TSA director??? I'm impressed.

L-188

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:25 pm

Quoting Socal (Reply 19):
Do you think an Official Government Employee in his performance of his duties is gonna stand there and listen to some person rant off and say crap and not do anything about it.

No they have small penises and big egos so they will make something up to charge him with.....

Such as......

Quoting Socal (Reply 19):
. Which can be a few things like "Interfering with a Government Employee", "Disorderly Conduct".

Typical we have to add something to this guy charges.

Quoting DL4EVR (Reply 23):
Just wait till 2009 when they're all out looking for jobs.....see who will get the last laugh. The

We can only hope, problem is that the push to create the TSA came from the Jackass party response to 9/11.

And yea everyone has freedom of speech, but its smart to be quiet in an airport security point.

And it was smart for a German to keep quiet when the Nazi's stopped buy to vist his Jewist Neighbor in 1938 also.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

cvg2lga

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:41 pm

*this thread title is void and false*

From the article:
"Sheriff's deputies at the Milwaukee airport detained Bird for 25 minutes on Tuesday.

"Way too many of the TSA rules are knee-jerk reactions to non-credible threats," Bird said Thursday in a telephone interview while traveling. "Bottled water was never a threat, toothpaste was never a threat."

Bird, a senior executive for a manufacturing company who lives in Washington County, Wis., and travels weekly, said he's frustrated by the TSA's rules and by overbearing security personnel.

His supporters, posting on Internet forums and blogs, say they're also annoyed with airport security. "

So TSA NEVER detained this man, which makes this thread title void and false. This guy who is obviously such an expert on security matters since he works for a manufacturing company. I guess TSA and DHS should take all their orders from him since he must know best how to carry out procedures and has the best intel right?
His supporters?? boo hoo hoo, cry me a f*cking river, but before you do get out of my way so i can put my stuff throught the x-ray and not miss my flight.

too much time there...

Just wait till 2009 when they're all out looking for jobs.....see who will get the last laugh. The TSA guys are power hungry maniacs.....they don't give a crap about our security...they care about getting off on their power by harassing innocent passengers.

Why will they be looking for jobs in 2009? What is going to happen then that hasn't yet? You are probably right in the conculsion of some TSA not giving a crap about your security, They would rather you just shut the hell up and move along and quit being a twit, but there are some who would still rather you shut up and go but do care about your security because that is their job. Alot of screeners have backgrounds in law enforcement and have military time put in, probably more so than anyone one here thinks. But fact is just like any other workplace TSA is made up of a huge diversity of people and background. Most screeners saw the position as a way to help the nation, to give something back. Some saw it as a way to carry on the job they were doing before TSA came to their airports. Others saw it I am sure as a stepping stone for the where they ultimately want to end up in life. As well as any job, including boozing pilots, corrupt cops, greedy lawyers, theiving CEO's, and doctors who dont give a crap about patients and give a false or wrong diagnosis rather than admitting they are wrong, there are screeners who are there for the wrong reasons and dont care about they people they are serving. But not all of them and not even a quarter of them. Its easy for everyone to sit and criticize. But what are you doing to help security? Besides whining in line, leaving your laptop in your bag, refusing to take off your shoes and trying to "test" the system and then crying about it when you get caught? How many of us on here chose a job where we get yelled at and screamed at, told we are idiots and standing around, useless and inefficient? A few I am sure, most on here could not hack those kinds of jobs though, boast as you may. As for the free speech blurb, everyone knows that free speech exists and doesn't necissarily have to be used wisely, but why set yourself up for trouble? Sounds to me like this guy was just looking for his fifteen minutes of internet fame and a post on a.net. If the supervisor really did say that there is no free speech at a checkpoint then well we would have one of those idiots of TSA, dont think I liken them to fairies and leprachauns, I know they exist. I know a few personally.

Tchau
DA-
They don't call em' emergencies anymore. They call em' Patronies.

DL4EVR

Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:02 pm

Quoting Cvg2lga (Reply 27):
Why will they be looking for jobs in 2009?

That is the year Bush will be out of office!! Our tax dollars will no longer be wasted on this stupid war as well as on the TSA which does NOTHING at our airports, other than harassing INNOCENT passengers, and causing airlines to lose millions (remember when a TSA monkey thought he spotted a bomb at ATL last spring and cost DL over $1M in a period of just 2 hours???). Bottom line...TSA is worthless at our airports...they hinder far more than they help.

BigJimFX

Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:33 pm

From the article:
"Sheriff's deputies at the Milwaukee airport detained Bird for 25 minutes on Tuesday.

"Way too many of the TSA rules are knee-jerk reactions to non-credible threats," Bird said Thursday in a telephone interview while traveling. "Bottled water was never a threat, toothpaste was never a threat."

Bird, a senior executive for a manufacturing company who lives in Washington County, Wis., and travels weekly, said he's frustrated by the TSA's rules and by overbearing security personnel.

His supporters, posting on Internet forums and blogs, say they're also annoyed with airport security. "

So TSA NEVER detained this man, which makes this thread title void and false. This guy who is obviously such an expert on security matters since he works for a manufacturing company. I guess TSA and DHS should take all their orders from him since he must know best how to carry out procedures and has the best intel right?
His supporters?? boo hoo hoo, cry me a f*cking river, but before you do get out of my way so i can put my stuff throught the x-ray and not miss my flight.

too much time there...

Why will they be looking for jobs in 2009? What is going to happen then that hasn't yet? You are probably right in the conculsion of some TSA not giving a crap about your security, They would rather you just shut the hell up and move along and quit being a twit, but there are some who would still rather you shut up and go but do care about your security because that is their job. Alot of screeners have backgrounds in law enforcement and have military time put in, probably more so than anyone one here thinks. But fact is just like any other workplace TSA is made up of a huge diversity of people and background. Most screeners saw the position as a way to help the nation, to give something back. Some saw it as a way to carry on the job they were doing before TSA came to their airports. Others saw it I am sure as a stepping stone for the where they ultimately want to end up in life. As well as any job, including boozing pilots, corrupt cops, greedy lawyers, theiving CEO's, and doctors who dont give a crap about patients and give a false or wrong diagnosis rather than admitting they are wrong, there are screeners who are there for the wrong reasons and dont care about they people they are serving. But not all of them and not even a quarter of them. Its easy for everyone to sit and criticize. But what are you doing to help security? Besides whining in line, leaving your laptop in your bag, refusing to take off your shoes and trying to "test" the system and then crying about it when you get caught? How many of us on here chose a job where we get yelled at and screamed at, told we are idiots and standing around, useless and inefficient? A few I am sure, most on here could not hack those kinds of jobs though, boast as you may. As for the free speech blurb, everyone knows that free speech exists and doesn't necissarily have to be used wisely, but why set yourself up for trouble? Sounds to me like this guy was just looking for his fifteen minutes of internet fame and a post on a.net. If the supervisor really did say that there is no free speech at a checkpoint then well we would have one of those idiots of TSA, dont think I liken them to fairies and leprachauns, I know they exist. I know a few personally.

Tchau
DA-

too much time there...

X2 on you buddy.

As for the detained thing... It is my understanding that the TSA has no Detainment authority, so I can agree on this point. But seriously... Everyone on a.net travels, and everyone has seen at least one or more examples of TSA's incompetence. This is madness when someone violates the first amendment. Granted you may be asking for it when you're calling them out, but if you know your rights, and remain calm, there is no reason fo you not to share a laugh with "competent" local law enforcement when they arrive.
http://www.faa.gov/passengers/
www.tsa.gov/assets/doc/FINALSanctionGuidance.doc

Unfortunately Mr. Hawley has already discussed changing the regs. Therefore the situation is "fluid" and "at the discretion" of current TSA supervisors. Much like the one who said that there is no freedom of speech in the sterile side of an airport.
I'd like to thank me for flying Me Airways...

BigJimFX

Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:36 pm

Quoting DL4EVR (Reply 28):
Our tax dollars will no longer be wasted on this stupid war as well as on the TSA which does NOTHING at our airports

Not to mention the other fees that are passed on to the passengers due to TSA fees charged to the airlines.

DL4EVR

Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:43 pm

Quoting BigJimFX (Reply 29):
This is madness when someone violates the first amendment. Granted you may be asking for it when you're calling them out, but if you know your rights, and remain calm, there is no reason fo you not to share a laugh with "competent" local law enforcement when they arrive.

Wow....you learn something new everyday. I didn't know competent law enforcement was allowed to interfere w/TSA....they say NO ONE can override them at the airport.

robsawatsky

Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:32 pm

From the article:

So TSA NEVER detained this man, which makes this thread title void and false.

The TSA summoned the Sheriff's deputies, so his detention was directly in response to the action of the TSA even if they weren't the party actually detaining him. Talk about splitting-hairs.

In the height of the cold war days, all of this communications intercepting, ID checking and so-called security stuff would have had you labelled a red, communist and anti-american. Now you get elected President.

ANCFlyer

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:34 pm

Quoting Robsawatsky (Reply 32):
The TSA summoned the Sheriff's deputies, so his detention was directly in response to the action of the TSA even if they weren't the party actually detaining him. Talk about splitting-hairs.

Thank you.

The TSA morons got their panties in a wad and went crying to the Law Enforcement . . .  cry . . . someone's making fun of our boss . . .

Losers.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

NIKV69

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:58 pm

I agree the TSA is not the brightest bunch of people but can't we stop this dumb ass banter? Sure Kip Hawley is not the best but why do we have to rile these people up? Why can't we take off our shoes walk through screening and shut the fuck up? These people for the most part are trying to do the right thing and keep the skies safe and since we think they are all morons we have to behave in this fashion? It makes us look more like assholes. At times such as when the incident in overseas was discovered and then tharwted most people both TSA and traveleres are on edge. So this stupidity like writing derogotory messages about someone in the TSA on a piece of our gear is not only grade school but is just as stupid some of the TSA's policies. This person should not have been detained and yes he can use freedom of speech but he was stupid for doing this and should use his freedom of speech in a different way to voice his displeasure for the TSA. Let these people do their job, cooperate and the screening goes faster and smoother and we all get on our flights and get to our destination.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

srbmod

Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:20 am

Quoting Futurecaptain (Reply 5):
I don't feel any safer past security today than I did pre-9/11.

For the most part it's the same folks who were doing the screenings back prior to the TSA being formed. They went from being contracted rent-a-screeners/security to being government employees.

Quoting Coronado990 (Reply 4):
Whoo-hoo!!!!...No free speech in a secure area!!!

The TSA has had folks arrested for making joke comments about the security screening. Perhaps they should give everyone a piece of duct tape to put over their mouths.....

Quoting Bohica (Reply 25):
The TSA screener knew the name of the TSA director??? I'm impressed.

There's an exception to every rule. Most TSA screeners I've seen probably barely graduated high school....

So TSA NEVER detained this man, which makes this thread title void and false.

You're splitting hairs. While the TSA may not be POST Certified LEOs, they did have the power to detain people until local LEOs arrive.

Our tax dollars will no longer be wasted on this stupid war as well as on the TSA which does NOTHING at our airports, other than harassing INNOCENT passengers, and causing airlines to lose millions (remember when a TSA monkey thought he spotted a bomb at ATL last spring and cost DL over $1M in a period of just 2 hours???). Bottom line...TSA is worthless at our airports...they hinder far more than they help.

Then there was the time about 18 months back @ ATL where someone thought they saw a bomb in a newspaper box on D and they partially evacuated the concourse. The "bomb" turned out to be the old coin box that had been replaced in the newspaper box and the service tech from the AJC accidentally left it in the box where the papers go (I honestly see no point in having newspaper boxes at the airport since there are newsstands every few hundred feet on the concourses).

I remember a few years back when the TSA was doing selective screening at the gates, half the time these folks were sitting around doing nothing or were wlaking around socializing. They might screen one or two passengers on a flight. Some of them spent more time at the food court or at Starbucks than they did doing their "job".

I think that one of the first things the next administration needs to do is to dismantle the Dept. of Homeland Security and return the various agencies within it back to their previous executive department or agency. In some cases, some of these agencies should be done away with or have their roles revised. The TSA should not be doing passenger screenings; they should be screening passenger bags and cargo. There is a greater chance of a bomb coming into the country through one of our ports than there is in someone's bag at the airport. If many local, state, and federal buildings can handle using contracted security, why can't the airports anymore? Why not instead have the government authority that is running the airport(s) make the decision on who screens the passengers. I think local LEOs should be the ones running the security checkpoints, not some Federal employee.

DL4EVR

Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:39 am

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 35):
Why not instead have the government authority that is running the airport(s) make the decision on who screens the passengers. I think local LEOs should be the ones running the security checkpoints, not some Federal employee.

Better yet, how about airline employees? TSA doesn't care if they piss off pax...maybe airline employees would be a little more humane. When you think of it, isn't it sick that the airlines can't even say what can happen on their OWN planes??

srbmod

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:12 am

Quoting DL4EVR (Reply 36):

Better yet, how about airline employees?

At some airports prior to 9/11, the airlines themselves were responsible for the contracting and hiring of the security screeners at their terminal. At BOS they were, which is why the security contractors with UA and AA @ BOS were sued by the families of those who died on 9/11. At some small airports, the airline employees did do the screening, especially if they're the only airline that operates out of there (Air Midwest [US Airways Express] @ AHN is one I remember.).

B6MoneyGuyJFK

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:36 am

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 35):
The TSA should not be doing passenger screenings; they should be screening passenger bags and cargo.

TSA "screening" My checked bag? Thank's, I'll stick to a carry-on if at all possible. Just the other day my colleague was flying with his daughter (I believe from IAD, but am not sure), and she happened to be carrying a little pink pocket book. It went IN to the screening device.. but one of the screeners started to walk away with it just after it came OUT. After a very loud, "EXUSE me what are you doing with that?" the bag was put down, and the screener hurried away...

Yeah..they make me feel safe  mad 
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everyone has one, and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks!

socal

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:30 am

That is the year Bush will be out of office!! Our tax dollars will no longer be wasted on this stupid war as well as on the TSA which does NOTHING at our airports, other than harassing INNOCENT passengers, and causing airlines to lose millions (remember when a TSA monkey thought he spotted a bomb at ATL last spring and cost DL over $1M in a period of just 2 hours???). Bottom line...TSA is worthless at our airports...they hinder far more than they help.

1. Its obvious your a Bush hater.

2. You dont support your Military.

3. You hate TSA. (Tough Shit Ass)

4. The 9/11 hijackers were "INNOCENT"

5. TSA does not care about customer service. (Which is not their Job)

5. DL4EVR you could of done a better job with the possible bomb at ATL,
with your experience and training.

6. You wish TSA would just go away........
I Love HNL.............

DL4EVR

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:44 am

Quoting Socal (Reply 39):

You're right, I'm not exactly his # 1 fan.

3. You hate TSA. (Tough Shit Ass)

Actually I think the TSA is a great idea...on paper. However, it's been so poorly executed.

4. The 9/11 hijackers were "INNOCENT"

Ok...that's taking it a step too far. Even if I don't like Bush, does that mean I have to think 9/11 was a conspiracy??

5. TSA does not care about customer service. (Which is not their Job)

No they don't. And no it's not their job....but the least they could do is be humane to the passengers.

5. DL4EVR you could of done a better job with the possible bomb at ATL,
with your experience and training.

Sadly, that's probably the truth.

6. You wish TSA would just go away........

Yes  
Btw Socal...you just sound like a bitter TSA screener, no?

[Edited 2006-10-02 02:56:01]

Newark777

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:47 am

Quoting DL4EVR (Reply 40):
No they don't. And no it's not their job

Which also applies to most government employees.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

silentbob

Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:43 am

If someone is going to do something "bad" on an airplane, it isn't going to be the guy creating a scene or drawing attention to himself. Put all the quiet, obedient passengers on the no fly list.

socal

Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:49 pm

Actually I think the TSA is a great idea...on paper. However, it's been so poorly executed.

You should send DHS your ideas, since they have executed TSA poorly.

No they don't. And no it's not their job....but the least they could do is be humane to the passengers.

Wow, TSA tortures the passengers it screens

Btw Socal...you just sound like a bitter TSA screener, no?

No, am a Police Officer

Oh and by the way, Bush is doing a tough job and am glad he is handling the war on terror. I can tell you don't understand the times we are in. There is people out there that want to harm you, just because you are an American.
I Love HNL.............

robsawatsky

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:50 am

Quoting Socal (Reply 43):
No, am a Police Officer

I can tell you don't understand the times we are in.

The irony of this statement is comically absurd. Here we see the typical authoritarian reaction to one of the most central principles behind the founding of the American nation. The concept of liberty is being smashed at the altar of security. The times are such that essential ideas of freedom are being assualted not by the external forces of terrorism but by the supposed defenders of those rights within the nation itself.

BigJimFX

Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:19 am

Quoting Robsawatsky (Reply 44):
The irony of this statement is comically absurd. Here we see the typical authoritarian reaction to one of the most central principles behind the founding of the American nation. The concept of liberty is being smashed at the altar of security. The times are such that essential ideas of freedom are being assualted not by the external forces of terrorism but by the supposed defenders of those rights within the nation itself.

How is it that a Canadian had to point this out?!?! LOL

Quoting B6MoneyGuyJFK (Reply 38):
TSA "screening" My checked bag? Thank's, I'll stick to a carry-on if at all possible. Just the other day my colleague was flying with his daughter (I believe from IAD, but am not sure), and she happened to be carrying a little pink pocket book. It went IN to the screening device.. but one of the screeners started to walk away with it just after it came OUT. After a very loud, "EXUSE me what are you doing with that?" the bag was put down, and the screener hurried away...

This is a problem system wide. There are police reports filed every week for items of value stolen from checked luggage. The hitch is that all the bags had TSA approved locks... Hmmm

FLY2LIM

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:39 pm

Quoting YYZYYT (Reply 10):

First of all, he should of kept his mouth shut. And yea everyone has freedom of speech, but its smart to be quiet in an airport security point. And just maybe you wont miss your flight for being stupid. TSA is just doing their job, and they can detain you for negative comments. They will determine if you can fly or not, so thats why you can get detained.

Quoting LAXdude1023 (Reply 18):
Thats not freedom of speech, is it? Or should it read "freedom of speech except in Airports." The TSA is nececary to have to keep us safe, but that doesnt mean they cant go to far sometimes. Everyone can.

You know, way before 9/11, way before "the war on terror" and all of these situations, way before everything that's going on, I remember that there were signs at airport security areas that said "humorous remarks regarding threats to airplanes, like faking there's a bomb in your carry on, will be dealt with to the full extent of the law." And yes, I'm paraphrasing. And no, the guy didn't say "bomb" but he made what is, in these days, perceived as a threatening remark. These rules have been there forever. You cannot "joke" in a secure area, first ammendment or not.
There is always one clown, one jerk, who has to make an ass of himself. Remember the AA pilot in Brazil, and there have been several. You take the risk, you pay the price. That's the American way.

Without starting a political argument, his approval rating is the lowest of any president, I believe.

Wow, TSA tortures the passengers it screens

Well, TSA treats some passengers pretty poorly. On my last flight to MIA from SFO, I made small talk with a black gentleman who was a sales rep for the Beaches resorts in St. Lucia. I had a wonderful talk with him and the other two members of his party. They were all dressed in typical Caribbean dress, the print "hawaiian style" shirts with the cotton pants and loafers. Needless to say, they were all pulled aside, and we all know that it was because he was black. I have never been stopped, and I am probably more dangerous looking than he was. And that's just one example.

Oh and by the way, Bush is doing a tough job and am glad he is handling the war on terror. I can tell you don't understand the times we are in. There is people out there that want to harm you, just because you are an American.

Apparently you have not been following the news. It seems that Iraq wasn't even involved in terrorism, wasn't hiding anyone, there were no weapons of mass destruction, nothing. Hey, I didn't make this up, I have seen the news reports. Now comes Bob Woodward's book, alleged cover ups, meetings that no one recalls, it's a real mess. And many Americans are dying for what is, apparently, a war that didn't necessarily need to happen. Now we have created a new movement that is attracting thousands of muslims to fight the evil regime of the US. I agree, there were people who wanted to harm the Americans, but now there are more people who want to harm the Americans.
I used to support the war because I bought the "weapons of mass destruction" argument. And yes, I support the troops, I support their right not to lose their lives.

FLY2LIM
Faucett. La primera linea aerea del Peru.