Jawed
Topic Author

"my Dad Was The Pilot On That Flight..."

Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:42 am

I haven't been on the forums for very long, but I've seen several forum posts and picture comments already where someone says "My dad was the captain on that flight and he said ..." when refering to a specific picture or a specific flight discussed here. Is this some sort of A.net inside joke? I can't imagine that those are serious comments...

(Example: http://www.airliners.net/open.file?i...th=1024&height=695&sok=&photo_nr=)

redngold

RE: "my Dad Was The Pilot On That Flight..."

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:31 am

I don't think it is a joke. I think a lot of people here know or are related to aviation employees. One time I managed to snap a pic of a flight coming in which was piloted by an A.net member, someone who told me what flight and time so I could spot him.

redngold
Up, up and away!

PH-TVH

RE: "my Dad Was The Pilot On That Flight..."

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:09 pm

Indeed, most of these comments are genuine.
My father is a pilot himself flying for Transavia and I do hear a lot about his trips.
It`s always nice to see a pic of my father (just simply put his logbook next to the date of a pic and voilà) and let him know about it.

But sometimes the comments that are written beneath the picture do not match the situation, so I don`t think it more than logic to correct this info.

Just my 2 cents to keep this site as "clean" as possible