pawsleykat

Emirates At Edinburgh (EDI)?

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:38 am

I was coming down thru a park today with some friends at about 1245. I heard a really loud aircraft and I immediatly looked up to the sky to catch, what I thought could have been a delayed Delta 767-300 coming in, but I was really surporised to see an Emirates 777-??? climbing out (I wasn't sure if it was a 200 or a 300 but I thought it was a 200 ?-:| ) from Edinburgh airport. I knew that it was climbing out as it was waaay too low to be descending for GLA. I did however think that at first as I found out just a few days ago that EK take a northern track into GLA, but this was so low. (Plus, the plane was climbing.  Smile )
Can anyone explain to me why EK were at EDI today?? Was it a medical diversion or was there something going on at GLA. I tried to phone Edinburgh and Glasgow Airports but I could not get through to either as.  bored 
Oh and btw, I knew that it was EK as there is no mistaking their tail.
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jaco du Plessis

Any help is greatly appreciated,

JG
First Class passengers are my favourites. They can't get any further forward without an ATPL.

GLAGAZ

RE: Emirates At Edinburgh (EDI)?

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:56 am

A6-EMD at GLA today.

Nothing on ACARS for EK at EDI today and no mention on any EDI forums. So sorry to doubt you, but from what I can see there was no EK at EDI today.

Gaz
Neutrality means that u don't really care cos the struggle goes on even when ur not there, blind and unaware

pawsleykat

RE: Emirates At Edinburgh (EDI)?

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:58 am

Quoting GLAGAZ (Reply 1):
So sorry to doubt you, but from what I can see there was no EK at EDI today.

It's ok, but I know it was EK, it was the tail, and I am probably wrong about them being at EDI, I just saw them. I do wish I had my camera tho.. I would have gotten a picture  Smile

JG
First Class passengers are my favourites. They can't get any further forward without an ATPL.